• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mistranslations of the various Translations of the Scriptures.

wmam

FFH said:
The scriptures you have posted are all translated correctly,
Yes if you search out the different meanings of the same word as I have shown. It still kinda misleads one into a certain train of thought if all you ever knew that the word "enlarge" meant was a meaning that was other than being deceived. Kinda like knowing what the word is, is! ;)

FFH said:
Wman, according to the JST (Joseph Smith translation, or Inspired Version of the Bible). The Gospel must be preached to the Gentiles. We are now in the "times of the Gentiles" when the Gospel is being preached to all the Gentiles of the world. When the Gospel has been preached to all the Gentiles of the world, then will the "times of the Gentiles be fulfilled", and Christ will return to the Jews in Jerusalem and they will accept Christ as their Messiah.
This I pretty much agree with. In other words, I knew this already. :D

FFH said:
Romans 11: 25

"For I would not, bretheren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

Many Gentiles are being brought to the knowledge of the true Messiah, Jesus Christ. They are not being deceived, but are being enlightened, and have "enlarged", or expanded, into all parts of the world.

Truly the Lord has "enlarged" the Gentiles and they now fill the earth, and many are accepting Jesus Christ, and his sacrifice for them, and they are preaching the Gospel, themselves.

Truly God has enlarged Japheth.
See.......... this is where we are divided in our understanding. I read what Rom. 11:25 says as that the "blindness" that it speaks of is the curtain over the eyes and minds. Those that have had this happen to them try to teach or preach that which in turn becomes deceit or deception on those that receive it.

"blindness" is Strong's #G4457

G4457
πώρωσις
pōrōsis
po'-ro-sis
From G4456; stupidity or callousness: - blindness, hardness.

Also...... You said that the Gentiles should be preached to...... Yes but just remember that "to the Jew first, then the Gentile". Make sure you are receiving your "meat" from the right place. ;)

FFH

Veteran Member
wmam said:
Also...... You said that the Gentiles should be preached to...... Yes but just remember that "to the Jew first, then the Gentile". Make sure you are receiving your "meat" from the right place. ;)
The Jews have already been given the opportunity to accept, or reject, Jesus Christ and his teachings, when he came to earth. Jesus preached to the Jews, himself, and called apostles to carry on his work. This has already happened. The Jews have been offered the gospel, and now it is the "time of the Gentiles". Jesus Christ and his teachings are being offered to the Gentiles. The Jews were first, and now it is time for the Gentiles to accept, or reject, Jesus Christ, and his teachings.

I assure you we are not being "deceived", but are "enlarging". We are being numbered with, or adopted into, the house of Israel. Our numbers are growing every day.

Matthew 24: 14

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

wmam

FFH said:
The Jews have already been given the opportunity to accept, or reject, Jesus Christ and his teachings, when he came to earth. Jesus preached to the Jews, himself, and called apostles to carry on his work. This has already happened. The Jews have been offered the gospel, and now it is the "time of the Gentiles". Jesus Christ and his teachings are being offered to the Gentiles. The Jews were first, and now it is time for the Gentiles to accept, or reject, Jesus Christ, and his teachings.

I assure you we are not being "deceived", but are "enlarging". We are being numbered with, or adopted into, the house of Israel. Our numbers are growing every day.

Matthew 24: 14

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."
You make me feel that you look at Jews as a race of people as far as bloodline goes. Yes Yahshua taught the Jews. He said that he came for the lost sheep.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

As far as being deceived......... I disagree with your understanding and assure you that many have, and are, being deceived. This is why I choose a teacher that is well versed in the Hebraic covenant and the Sinaitic arts.

Shalom

gnostic

The Lost One
The 1985 translation of the Tanakh from Jewish Publication Society (JPS) definitely has "reed" instead of "red" sea.

Pharaoh's chariots and his army
He has cast into the sea;
And the pick of his officers
Are drowned in the Sea of Reeds.
Since last year, when I got this copy of the hebrew scripture, Tanakh, from JPS, I have not used other bibles in regarding to the OT, unless I want to compare JPS translation with other translations (ie KJV, Good News Bible, etc).