• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misquote in the Gospel

Oeste

For the 7th time kindly show us where in Mat 7:21-23 it mentions Catholics and Trinitarians and then feel free to quote the scripture that tasks you or your Organization with the separation work.

Quote the scripture kjw. It's really that simple.

I just showed you, can you understand English?

LOL, obviously you showed us zero, nothing, squat.

Let me explain why you weren't able to do it kjw. The bible doesn't mention Catholics and Trinitarians! They're mentioned in your literature, but then you're literature is bigoted and slanted, and with every negative NT connotation they go beyond what is written to associate with "Christendom", and with every positive NT utterance they go beyond what is written once again to heap praise upon themselves.

7 times I asked you to post the scripture that gave you and your Organization the authority to separate the wheat from the tares (and thus condemn Catholics and Trinitarians), and 7 times you failed to do so.

7 times I asked you to show us where in Mat 7:21-23 Catholics and Trinitarians are mentioned, and 7 times you failed to do so. All we got was some anti-Catholic, anti-Trinitarian vitriol which you cast about like seeds, hoping something would stick, take root and grow.

But our discussion was not in vain because it had a purpose toward thread theme. It showed how some religious Organizations can perfectly misquote the Gospel .:)

I see no need for an 8th time kjw...I do have a tag line I try to follow. But if you ever find those scriptures just let us know.;)

kjw47

YOU are saying that Jesus taught against The Word which says, "DO NOT put your trust in nobles; in human beings; who cannot bring salvation".

Now, it is different what they say. The JWs say that to trust them is to be delivered from sin.

It is the JWs who teach against Jesus. And they are gods because they can fool people.

Did you miss this-Luke 10:16, or Heb 13:17

The JW,s do not say trust them to be delivered from sin, stop making things up.

kjw47

But......YOU can't set a date either. What does it mean that they are in darkness and you are in light for not being able to do the same thing?

The JW teachers have understanding of revelation. No other teachers on earth do--they teach the antichrist will be a man--they are lying. no where does it teach that. They live in darkness, and mislead all away from entering Gods kingdom that are listening to them.
That is why they cannot set a date--they have no clue whats about to come to this earth.

kjw47

LOL, obviously you showed us zero, nothing, squat.

Let me explain why you weren't able to do it kjw. The bible doesn't mention Catholics and Trinitarians! They're mentioned in your literature, but then you're literature is bigoted and slanted, and with every negative NT connotation they go beyond what is written to associate with "Christendom", and with every positive NT utterance they go beyond what is written once again to heap praise upon themselves.

7 times I asked you to post the scripture that gave you and your Organization the authority to separate the wheat from the tares (and thus condemn Catholics and Trinitarians), and 7 times you failed to do so.

7 times I asked you to show us where in Mat 7:21-23 Catholics and Trinitarians are mentioned, and 7 times you failed to do so. All we got was some anti-Catholic, anti-Trinitarian vitriol which you cast about like seeds, hoping something would stick, take root and grow.

But our discussion was not in vain because it had a purpose toward thread theme. It showed how some religious Organizations can perfectly misquote the Gospel .:)

I see no need for an 8th time kjw...I do have a tag line I try to follow. But if you ever find those scriptures just let us know.;)

Are you thick? Yes it is in vain--you are blind as a bat and cant understand English. Your brain failed, not me.

kjw47

Yeah, 8+ million people do!

The bible has already condemned and showed clearly what sin is--- by sharing those truths does not make one pointing against another personally. they are just facts.
WE find a couple lists-1Cor 6:9-11--Gal 5:19-21--99% on earth do these daily.
That's like 99% of peoples houses are on fire--does one knock and warn, or walk by and let them perish?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did you miss this-Luke 10:16, or Heb 13:17

The JW,s do not say trust them to be delivered from sin, stop making things up.
WHO was Jesus talking to? You have to prove that your leaders are they who Jeuss would apply the truth of Luke 10:16.

Hebrews 13:17 DOES NOT NOT NOT NOT say "obey". It doesn't even say, "have confidence in".

Like YOU say we might die for not believing YOU please let me say that the same could happen to YOU.

As you judge, you will be judged. WHO said that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hebrews 13:17 really says "yield to them who take the lead". Do you drive a car @kjw47 .

It means to let them go first. OK?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does no one realize that to this ὑπείκετε was added "to them". How do you know that ὑπείκετε·
doesn't mean to GOD?

Yield to those leading you and be submissive to God

Tell me, why not? Just because it is different?

What is the hate of differences called?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The JW teachers have understanding of revelation. No other teachers on earth do--they teach the antichrist will be a man--they are lying. no where does it teach that. They live in darkness, and mislead all away from entering Gods kingdom that are listening to them.
That is why they cannot set a date--they have no clue whats about to come to this earth.
So? The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses "have understanding of revelation"?

I can't believe that! They say that while Jesus is a lamb in Heaven, he is also a warrior who rides a horse. THEY have Jesus divided and confused. Guess what @kjw47? Jesus isn't divided and confused.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you are right about it.
I like this point I made back on page 4.

Is 40:3 The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. (Jubilee 2000)

There is no punctuation in the Hebrew or the Greek.
This is true. I read this in a book about Koine, not that I learned to read it. I know some people like to say all Christians should learn Greek Koine like there's no excuse for not doing so. Well I do not agree. English is a high functioning language with a sense of humility that is just fine. I think it is cool and impressive and probably enriching to learn it.

Just reading through the posts on here I have to conclude that God is a horribly ineffective communicator. No one can seem to agree one which holy books are actually HIS and those who agree on the book seem to have innumerable ways to interpret what it says. It's almost as if God wants us to be as confused as possible.
Welcome to the forum. Pleased to make your acquaintance. This particular thread turned into a discussion about whether particular leaders could be trusted or not: leaders of JW's, the Papal leaders and whether we need leaders to guide us in how to read the Bible or not. I am with Savagewind on this one, that we do not need leaders to direct our reading.

The important part of that prophecy and fulfillment is that the 'land of the enemy' is the grave rather than it being some Gentile Nation that Jews went to after the scattering in the De:4:30 prophecy.
I never thought about it that way. I'm not sure I follow yet, but maybe I will take another look.

Does no one realize that to this ὑπείκετε was added "to them". How do you know that ὑπείκετε·
doesn't mean to GOD?
What is that word?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like this point I made back on page 4.

This is true. I read this in a book about Koine, not that I learned to read it. I know some people like to say all Christians should learn Greek Koine like there's no excuse for not doing so. Well I do not agree. English is a high functioning language with a sense of humility that is just fine. I think it is cool and impressive and probably enriching to learn it.

Welcome to the forum. Pleased to make your acquaintance. This particular thread turned into a discussion about whether particular leaders could be trusted or not: leaders of JW's, the Papal leaders and whether we need leaders to guide us in how to read the Bible or not. I am with Savagewind on this one, that we do not need leaders to direct our reading.

I never thought about it that way. I'm not sure I follow yet, but maybe I will take another look.

What is that word?
Strong's Concordance says it means, "be submissive".

Πείθεσθε those leading you and ὑπείκετε·

Hebrews 13:17 Greek Text Analysis

If I knew what people are doing to The Bible, I should have majored in language a long time ago.
Now, it's too late because my brain does not work like it used to.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus says the two greatest commands are to love God and love your neighbor. I am sure those are what a person is to submit to.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The world teaches that the Bible says to submit to the lead of those leading.

That is so very, very ridiculous that I am pretty sure that I am Alice down the rabbit hole.

1 Samuel 8:6-7

They WILL SAY their leaders are not kings. In fact, the Jehovah's Witnesses say that the
men of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are not "leaders", but that they are "organizers".

By the way, I think I know why God is laughing. Psalm 37:13

If not laughing, then crying.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If I knew what people are doing to The Bible, I should have majored in language a long time ago.
Now, it's too late because my brain does not work like it used to.
I know what you mean. My brain doesn't want to learn Office 2017, either.

djhwoodwerks

The JW teachers have understanding of revelation.

Ah yes, when they teach that the 7 angels in Revelation are the 7 volumes of study in the scriptures!

When they teach that the watchtower is prophesied in Revelation!

When they teach that satan and his demons are the pope and his minions!

They have a real grasp on it, don't they!!

Oeste

Are you thick? Yes it is in vain--you are blind as a bat and cant understand English. Your brain failed, not me.

Remember what I said about pointing a finger at the plank in your brother's eye? Did you forget already? Here you are exhibiting problems with writing English, and then you complain about those who can't understand it???

You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by simply being honest and admitting Mat 7:21-23 contained absolutely NO reference to Catholics or Trinitarians; that it was a misquote perhaps, or explained it as something your Organization, rather than you, encourages its members to insert into the passage. We could of moved on.

But you decided to take the hard way. Instead of posting the passage in question as requested, you continued to duck, dodge, and condemn Catholics and Trinitarians! Even when hauled across the forum 7 times you couldn't let go of your Organizations' carefully cultivated, anti-Christian, slide it between the lines bigotry. Why? Is it too much fun? Or do you really need it to exalt yourself as spiritually superior to your next door neighbor?

You knew you premise was untenable which explains your perfect 7x failure to simply quote the passage. That tells me you understood it didn't contain anything about Catholics, Trinitarians or any other member of "Christendom" but decided to advance a spurious correlation anyway.

I had hoped for more detail as to why you feel your Organization is tasked with separating "true" from "false" Christians. But I also understand that all it takes is a "flash of new light" for everything you've stated to date to be thrown away as trash tomorrow, so it is in the hope that you will someday grow to recognize your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that I wish you well. :)

Last edited: