• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misquote in the Gospel

kjw47

Your teachers keep making correction, one after another, maybe thats because they don't know anything! All the religions that don't have to keep making corrections, I would believe them before your cult. I'm secure in my beliefs and understanding, you can't be. What you are taught today as being truth, can be changed next week, and today will be just another ERROR. And before you quote Proverbs, please read my signature!

Gods chosen scholars of Jesus' day--didn't know their own Messiah--Jesus asked them to make correction--they outright refused--that is why no other teachers make correction, they think they are immune to satans attacks.. The wise ones do make correction. All through the ot--the Israelites fell over and over and needed correction. In Peters book, error teachings started getting in. Titus had to be left behind in his book to correct bad teachings that got in. Satan doesn't stop--correction is needed.

kjw47

Nah.

You'll just avoid answering my questions again. You know, like posting your version Mat 7:21-23 that mentions Catholics and Trinitarians.

More nonsense since neither the Trinity nor Trinitarians are mentioned in either of these passages.

You're engaging in a practice called eisegesis:

Eisegesis
Eisegesis is the act imposing meaning onto a text and is often described in terms of reading "into" the text rather than "out of" it. Therefore it is the opposite of Exegesis.​

By reading their own biases and prejudices INTO the text, supremacist organizations like the Watchtower, Christian Identity, and Black Nationalist movement feel free to insert Catholics, Trinitarians, whites, blacks, Jews, or whomever they want..exactly where they want...into scripture.

It's commonly recognized as an unacceptable, disreputable, and an egregiously abusive way of interpreting scripture, but it appears you have not only bought into it but endorse the practice as well.

Wow, you are blind as a bat.

kjw47

Can you tell us when the Watchtower admitted that 1914, 1925, and 1940 were errors?

Also, can you point us to the publication that actually "corrected" these errors?

I would be specially interested in the publication that "corrected" the "Creator's promise":

Also, can you let us know how long your Organization has been in the business of "correcting" our Creator?

I don't think you can because these "corrections" don't exist. There was never a "correction" of prior errors. All they did was publish new ones.

Fool yourself with mental gymnastics if you like kjw, but I think you'll be hard pressed to do it here.

It is hard--because Light doesn't enter darkness. That is how Jesus knew that only FEW would find entrance into Gods kingdom. The darkness has 99%, it always has.

djhwoodwerks

2 billion will find out that no trinity god exists when its too late--worry about them.

8 million witnesses will find out that since Jesus is not their mediator, they have no hope of heaven or earth or paradise or whatever you believe. Because He said, "NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME", which means He is the mediator between God and man, but He's NOT your mediator, the slave is. All rank and file witnesses are believing they get to God thru the slave, that's not going to happen!

Oeste

I would be specially interested in the publication that "corrected" the "Creator's promise":

awake-1995-jpg.16530

Also, can you let us know how long your Organization has been in the business of "correcting" our Creator?

It is hard--because Light doesn't enter darkness. That is how Jesus knew that only FEW would find entrance into Gods kingdom. The darkness has 99%, it always has.

LOL! Look kjw, if you have a hard time reading your publications in "darkness" then simply turn on a light and point us to the publication! You can do that, can't you?

So once again, kindly point us to the publication that "corrected" 1914, 1925, 1940 and the other dates your spirit led Organization channeled. I mean, if you know they were corrected, then you must know or at least be able to find the article that "corrected" the past error, otherwise its just more unsubstantiated nonsense that you were hoping to deceive us with. Bonus points if you can let us know if the "corrections" were "channeled" as well.

Then let us know when and where your Organization "corrected" Jehovah's promise "of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL! Look kjw, if you have a hard time reading your publications in "darkness" then simply turn on a light and point us to the publication! You can do that, can't you?

So once again, kindly point us to the publication that "corrected" 1914, 1925, 1940 and the other dates your spirit led Organization channeled. I mean, if you know they were corrected, then you must know or at least be able to find the article that "corrected" the past error, otherwise its just more unsubstantiated nonsense that you were hoping to deceive us with. Bonus points if you can let us know if the "corrections" were "channeled" as well.

Then let us know when and where your Organization "corrected" Jehovah's promise "of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."
He @kjw47 doesn't mean corrected. He means replaced. It is like what happens with the antichrist. Antichrist just means something that replaces The Christ. You know? It will look like the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. It can't be them because they "are" no part of the World. And they do not cause the death of people. That would seem to be Jesus' job (according to the JWs)

kjw47

8 million witnesses will find out that since Jesus is not their mediator, they have no hope of heaven or earth or paradise or whatever you believe. Because He said, "NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT BY ME", which means He is the mediator between God and man, but He's NOT your mediator, the slave is. All rank and file witnesses are believing they get to God thru the slave, that's not going to happen!

You believed some liar--Jesus is our mediator. But The bible is clear--Jesus is head of the congregation. including his teachers.

kjw47

It didn't have to be corrected in a publication. Do you take out a newspaper ad when you repent?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You believed some liar--Jesus is our mediator. But The bible is clear--Jesus is head of the congregation. including his teachers.
Your own publications say that Jesus mediates only those men of the governing body. Jehovah's Witnesses who are not of the anointed class will be judged according to how they please the governing body. It is what the JWs teach. If you don't believe it, you shouldn't be a JW. Should you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians."
Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31
"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) pp.10-11
"The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant." Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31
"They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, nor part of the "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."-1 Pet. 2:9. Yet they do benefit from the operation of the new covenant. They benefit from this just as, in ancient Israel, the "alien resident" benefited from residing in among the Israelites who were in the Law covenant.-Ex. 20:10; Lev. 19:10, 33, 34; Rev. 7:9-15. To keep in relationship with "our Savior, God," the "great crowd" needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites." Watchtower 1979 Nov 15 p.27 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men"
"... the new covenant is between Jehovah God and spiritual Israel, with Jesus as its Mediator." God's Word For Us Through Jeremiah p.173

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Blessings to Mankind in General. While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant, he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.362 Mediator

"Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God's Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God's friends. (Compare James 2:23.)" Watchtower 1991 Feb 15 p.18

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"All of this should impress upon the minds of the other sheep why the Christian Greek Scriptures focus so much attention on Christ and his anointed brothers and their central role in the outworking of Jehovah's purposes. The other sheep therefore consider it a privilege to support in every way possible the anointed slave class while awaiting "the revealing of the sons of God" at Armageddon and during the Millennium. They can look forward to being "set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God."-Romans 8:19-21." Watchtower 2002 Feb 1 p. 23

"But that does not necessarily mean that they are marked for survival. They must be marked by the 'man with the secretary's inkhorn.' The facts show that "the faithful and discreet slave" class is doing that marking work today.-Matthew 24:45-47. All who want to be marked as having God's approval must accept the instruction that Jehovah is providing through that "slave" class and become true worshipers of Jehovah." Survival into a New Earth p.96

"Being made kings and priests by reason of the new covenant that he mediated, they will share in administering the blessings of Jesus' sacrifice and of his Kingdom rule to all the nations of the earth. Christ's mediatorship, having accomplished its purpose by bringing "the Israel of God" into this position, thus results in benefits and blessings to all mankind." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.363 Mediator

Oeste

It didn't have to be corrected in a publication.

Of course it does. That's where it was published, and that's where it needs to be corrected.

In 1631 a bible was published that stated "Thou shalt commit adultery". It was missing the "not". The error was discovered about a year later.

King Charles I, on being advised of the blasphemous error became furious and ordered the bibles burned even though a few escaped into the public. He also stripped the publishers of their their publishing license and fined them heavily.

He also made sure, as much as he was able, that the publishers inform all recipients that the bible had a specific error, where to find the error, and that they were to destroy those bibles due to the error.

I'm sure your Organization took similar steps when it found someone attempted to place a blasphemous lie into Jehovah mouth, promising a "peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 pass away". I just wanted to know where we can find it.

Publishing a blasphemy and then "correcting" it by whispering "oops!" in your office tower doesn't really sound like a reasonably sufficient "correction" to me.

I'm flabbergasted at the mental gymnastics necessary to even think such a thing.

Do you take out a newspaper ad when you repent?

I don't publish false prophesies in newspapers and magazines kjw, and then distribute them as "truth" word wide. But if I did I sure would. I would also apologize for misleading my readers.

BTW, have you found the "correction" or is this your admission, finally, that there is none and this "correction" is something totally imagined by your members and encouraged by your Organization?

djhwoodwerks

Another witness that doesn't know what their beloved org teaches!

Your slave is the liar I believe,

*** ws chap. 1 pp. 10-11 par. 16 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide ***
Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

Only your special anointed people have a mediator. If YOU are not anointed, YOU don't!

omega2xx

Just reading through the posts on here I have to conclude that God is a horribly ineffective communicator. No one can seem to agree one which holy books are actually HIS and those who agree on the book seem to have innumerable ways to interpret what it says. It's almost as if God wants us to be as confused as possible.

Why blame God for man's shortcomings. Understanding the Bible requires serious study and prayer, not just reading it.

QuestioningMind

Why blame God for man's shortcomings. Understanding the Bible requires serious study and prayer, not just reading it.

Let's see... if I created a car with a shortcoming - let's say that it fails to brake at speeds over 45 mph - should the car's drivers be blamed for any resulting accidents due to brake failure? IF God created Man, then any shortcomings that Man was created with would be whose fault?

And if the only way I can be expected to understand the all important message that God has for me is to be lucky enough to understand the long dead language that the original bible was written in as well as the numerous translations it has gone through, not to mention being educated enough in societies from thousands of years ago in order to understand the context from which the original authors were writing from, then it was basically designed to be incomprehensible to 99.9% of God's creations.

After all, you say that you can't JUST read it... you need serious study as well. Well, considering that up until the last century 99.9% of all people couldn't even JUST read it, since they were illiterate, you have the vast majority of God's creations being forced to rely on other fallible human beings to properly interpret God's word for them. Now if your desire is to genuinely pass your in tact message on to as many of your creations as possible, then it's obvious that God chose a VERY ineffective means for attaining that goal.

Oeste

Another witness that doesn't know what their beloved org teaches!

Your slave is the liar I believe,

*** ws chap. 1 pp. 10-11 par. 16 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide ***
Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

Only your special anointed people have a mediator. If YOU are not anointed, YOU don't!

It amazes me how the Watchtower sends out so many to "teach" when these "teachers" have so little understanding of Watchtower history or what their Organization actually teaches.

It may come as a revelation to @kjw47 that he's not part of "Jehovah's congregation" either, as the Watchtower's non biblical teachings strictly reserves this for the 144,000....the same 144,000 that the Watchtower mused may have "mental or emotional problems" (WT, Jan 2016 Study Edition) but which they must obey as if it were the voice of God.

Watchtower, 1957-6-15, page 370, “Let us now unmistakably identify Jehovah’s channel of communication for our day, that we may continue in his favor...It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the “slave” as we would to the voice of God, because it is his provision.​

It's just as scripture told us it would be:

Matthew
23:13:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."​

djhwoodwerks

Let's see... if I created a car with a shortcoming - let's say that it fails to brake at speeds over 45 mph - should the car's drivers be blamed for any resulting accidents due to brake failure? IF God created Man, then any shortcomings that Man was created with would be whose fault?

Really? You're going to compare a human, that has a free will, that can think for themselves, make choices, has the knowledge of right and wrong, to a hunk of metal that has no brain, no feelings, can't make choices, doesn't think, doesn't know about the defect it has? Sad, just sad!