• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misquote in the Gospel

Oeste

All false god worshippers are dead to God. If you don't know how to apply bible principles, that is sad. If one doesn't know the true god, that is sad.
Your posts prove 100% you know neither.

Ah, so I don’t know how to apply bible principles, and I don’t know the true God either? Bold assertions kjw, but where’s the proof? This isn’t a WT publication where you can make grandiose, condescending statements about folk and not back it up. Which posts “prove 100%” that I know neither, and how do they prove it?

Look, I don’t want you or anyone in your Organization pointing a righteous finger at me or anyone else during Armageddon for lack of “accurate knowledge”. Simply tell us where in Mat 7:21-23 we can find Catholics and Trinitarians condemned. It seems a simple enough request, especially since my bible doesn’t appear to quote the verse accurately. Or does even asking for scriptural proof prove I am a “false god worshiper”?

Peter, Matthew, Elijah, David--all sinned--but they knew the true God and served him.
They started practicing daily, how not to sin--those serving false gods sin every iota of every second of a day.

Remember that verse about removing the cinder from your brother’s eye? So before we get too far into who sins daily and who doesn’t, can you quote Mat 7:21-23 for us, and also let us know where in scripture your Organization was tasked with the separation work? I think this is about the 5th time I’ve asked.

Or is this simply a recognized “misquote from the Gospel” that your Organization inadvertently utilizes from time to time? If that's the case just say so and we can move on.

Oeste

I've been following your conversations savagewind. You've made an honest attempt to elicit clear, definitive answers and I think you're looking for responses that include clarity and depth. Unfortunately, when presented with hard questions that don't appear at the bottom of the page, some posters will go into a mode that is similar to the following:

I said it over and over the teachings of Jesus prove the JW teachers are his.

Yes! We noticed your “circular reasoning” as well, and your recognition of this shows excellent progress!

However recognizing and addressing the problem are two separate things. The best way to break free of circular reasoning is to apply critical thinking. Do you agree?

For example, how did the constant misquoting of scripture to support false Armageddon dates like 1914 and 1940 convince your teachers they were the sole source of truth on earth today? How should the misquoting of scripture to support a false resurrection date like 1925 convince Catholics, Trinitarians and other “false god worshipers”? How did such dates convince you?

You don't know what Jesus taught obviously.
Jesus was speaking of his true followers--
Your reasoning is false reasoning--much worse than circular when one can only see in darkness.

Has it ever occurred to you that people "...only see in darkness" because you refuse to provide any light? And btw, circular reasoning IS false reasoning so your claim only points against itself.

Look hasn't Savagewind ask you for more depth and detail? Haven't I asked you to kindly quote some scripture that specifically supports your assertions against Trinitarians and Catholics? Haven't I asked you if your Organization's been tasked with the separation work? And you still haven't explained why your Organization condemns every single living Christian outside but refuses to condemn the Germans and Italians living inside your Organization for World War 2!

kjw47

Ah, so I don’t know how to apply bible principles, and I don’t know the true God either? Bold assertions kjw, but where’s the proof? This isn’t a WT publication where you can make grandiose, condescending statements about folk and not back it up. Which posts “prove 100%” that I know neither, and how do they prove it?

Look, I don’t want you or anyone in your Organization pointing a righteous finger at me or anyone else during Armageddon for lack of “accurate knowledge”. Simply tell us where in Mat 7:21-23 we can find Catholics and Trinitarians condemned. It seems a simple enough request, especially since my bible doesn’t appear to quote the verse accurately. Or does even asking for scriptural proof prove I am a “false god worshiper”?

Remember that verse about removing the cinder from your brother’s eye? So before we get too far into who sins daily and who doesn’t, can you quote Mat 7:21-23 for us, and also let us know where in scripture your Organization was tasked with the separation work? I think this is about the 5th time I’ve asked.

Or is this simply a recognized “misquote from the Gospel” that your Organization inadvertently utilizes from time to time? If that's the case just say so and we can move on.

God will show you, but unfortunately it will be the hard way.
the bible clearly states--the Holy spirit will tell ones( real teachers) spirit they are Gods. That is how they know. The anointed) that is for)-- they are the little flock( Luke 12:32)= the bride of Christ= 144,000 are bought from this earth to heaven. Rev 14:3

The bible has already pointed the fingers. Few know its reality--because 99% of all the religions claiming to be Christian--aren't. The trinity translations are filled with error to mislead. They definitely contradict what Jesus taught.

kjw47

Yes! We noticed your “circular reasoning” as well, and your recognition of this shows excellent progress!

However recognizing and addressing the problem are two separate things. The best way to break free of circular reasoning is to apply critical thinking. Do you agree?

For example, how did the constant misquoting of scripture to support false Armageddon dates like 1914 and 1940 convince your teachers they were the sole source of truth on earth today? How should the misquoting of scripture to support a false resurrection date like 1925 convince Catholics, Trinitarians and other “false god worshipers”? How did such dates convince you?

Has it ever occurred to you that people "...only see in darkness" because you refuse to provide any light? And btw, circular reasoning IS false reasoning so your claim only points against itself.

Look hasn't Savagewind ask you for more depth and detail? Haven't I asked you to kindly quote some scripture that specifically supports your assertions against Trinitarians and Catholics? Haven't I asked you if your Organization's been tasked with the separation work? And you still haven't explained why your Organization condemns every single living Christian outside but refuses to condemn the Germans and Italians living inside your Organization for World War 2!

1914 has no meaning in 2017 for most--try living today, not over 100 years ago. Corrections were made since then--Gods only requirement of those who err.

The germans and Italians have had over 70 years to repent. Catholicism will never repent--- they know the bible --condemns--statues, carved images, icons--yet their churches are loaded with them. they bow to them, kiss them, etc.

Oeste

The bible has already pointed the fingers. Few know its reality--because 99% of all the religions claiming to be Christian--aren't. The trinity translations are filled with error to mislead. They definitely contradict what Jesus taught.

Earlier you told us the bible pointed the fingers at Catholics and Trinitarians, and you quoted Mat 7:21-23, remember?

Now, for the 6th time, can you kindly tell us where in Mat 7:21-23 do your teachers tell you Catholics and Trinitarians are mentioned???

Oeste

1914 has no meaning in 2017 for most--try living today, not over 100 years ago.

Wow! Amazing how quickly you're willing to forget your Organization's past sins, but so unwilling to forget the sin of another. Unfortunately, until and unless your Organization repents, the sin remains, no matter how much time has passed.

From you posts, and from my interaction with our Organization, it appears they believe just the opposite... that the Organization's sins, if any, are forgiven as soon as they can forget them, but the sins of the church across the street remain as long as they're around to wag a finger. Is this correct?

Corrections were made since then--Gods only requirement of those who err.

Nonsense!

Time
"corrected" your Organization's false prophesies kjw, otherwise please feel free to post the
pre-1914, 1925, and 1940 "corrections" here.

The germans and Italians have had over 70 years to repent.

So, after 70 years do you still blame Catholics for World War 2 but give the Germans and Italians in your Organization a pass? You haven't answered the question. In fact, you haven't answered any of them.

Catholicism will never repent---they know the bible --condemns--statues, carved images, icons--yet their churches are loaded with them. they bow to them, kiss them, etc.

What on earth do statues and images have to do with anything we've been discussing? Have you already forgotten the verse about pointing at the plank in your brother's eye? But here you are, pointing again!!!

Stay focused kjw! I'm not here to listen to some anti-Catholic vitriol. You may want to save that nonsense for a kindred soul on another thread or at your meetings.

I'm specifically interested in those bible verses, the one's I've been asking you to quote, post after post after post after post after post, after post. You must know them by heart now...the one that gives you and/or your Organization authority to separate wheat from tare, and the one that specifically condemns Catholics and Trinitarians.[/QUOTE]

kjw47

Earlier you told us the bible pointed the fingers at Catholics and Trinitarians, and you quoted Mat 7:21-23, remember?

Now, for the 6th time, can you kindly tell us where in Mat 7:21-23 do your teachers tell you Catholics and Trinitarians are mentioned???

every false god worshipper on earth is a worker of iniquity. its that simple.

kjw47

Wow! Amazing how quickly you're willing to forget your Organization's past sins, but so unwilling to forget the sin of another. Unfortunately, until and unless your Organization repents, the sin remains, no matter how much time has passed.

From you posts, and from my interaction with our Organization, it appears they believe just the opposite... that the Organization's sins, if any, are forgiven as soon as they can forget them, but the sins of the church across the street remain as long as they're around to wag a finger. Is this correct?

Nonsense!

Time
"corrected" your Organization's false prophesies kjw, otherwise please feel free to post the
pre-1914, 1925, and 1940 "corrections" here.

So, after 70 years do you still blame Catholics for World War 2 but give the Germans and Italians in your Organization a pass? You haven't answered the question. In fact, you haven't answered any of them.

What on earth do statues and images have to do with anything we've been discussing? Have you already forgotten the verse about pointing at the plank in your brother's eye? But here you are, pointing again!!!

Stay focused kjw! I'm not here to listen to some anti-Catholic vitriol. You may want to save that nonsense for a kindred soul on another thread or at your meetings.

I'm specifically interested in those bible verses, the one's I've been asking you to quote, post after post after post after post after post, after post. You must know them by heart now...the one that gives you and/or your Organization authority to separate wheat from tare, and the one that specifically condemns Catholics and Trinitarians.
[/QUOTE]

The JW teachers made correction--that is what counts now--just like a sinner repenting--it is what God requires of imperfect mortals. there is no other path but to stay in error and most on earth do, my teachers are very wise to keep making correction to error.
Har-mageddon is a real prophecy made by God., not a false one like liars claim. They put a date on a real prophecy made by God, that was their error, not a false prophecy.
The other teachers in religion on earth--like the Pharisees in Jesus day--outright refuse to make correction.

Oeste

For the 7th time kindly show us where in Mat 7:21-23 it mentions Catholics and Trinitarians and then feel free to quote the scripture that tasks you or your Organization with the separation work.

Quote the scripture kjw. It's really that simple.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And? The men of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are false gods. Why not prove to us they are not false?

YOU say it is because The Holy Spirit bore witness to them that they are.
Now, it is time to prove to us (who will die according to them for our unbelief in them)
that they still are witnessed to by The Holy Spirit.

Also, it is written that every man is a liar.
You have the weighty responsibility of proving to us they haven't lied about The Holy Spirit
so that we might cling to them (like you are clinging to them) and please God.

The things you have to prove.
1. That Matthew 24:45 is a real prophesy of real people.
2. That the men of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are not lying about their appointments
3. That they are remaining faithful to Jesus to the end

Can you do it?

I know that to believe in God takes faith.

That God is Jealous

That putting faith in another is not wise because God is jealous

So........there has to be a putting trust in them WITHOUT FAITH. That means you have to prove
your righteousness, the governing body righteousness, and the organization's righteousness.

You say that your preaching is proof enough. It isn't, because other people who are not JWs are preaching too.
You say the other reason is that you are getting along in love. First of all, I know for a fact that the peace of the JWs is FORCED. and secondly, there are many, many other integrated groups of people who are also getting along in love.

Oeste

The JW teachers made correction--that is what counts now--just like a sinner repenting--it is what God requires of imperfect mortals.

Substituting one false prophesy with another is not a correction.

there is no other path but to stay in error and most on earth do, my teachers are very wise to keep making correction to error.

So it's wise to replace one lie with another? Is this why they replaced dates like 1914 with nonsense like "Millions now living will never die"? Is this why they attempted to "channel" a lie into the Creator's mouth? Isn't that simply going from bad to worse?

Har-mageddon is a real prophecy made by God., not a false one like liars claim.

I'll be sure to let these people know.

[They put a date on a real prophecy made by God, that was their error, not a false prophecy.

False prophesies are errors kjw. Would you say they not only deceived others, but deceived themselves, just as 2 Timothy 3:13 proclaimed?:

"But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error."

The other teachers in religion on earth--like the Pharisees in Jesus day--outright refuse to make correction.

Why on earth would these religious leaders "correct" a false date they never preached to begin with?o_O

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a difference between the gods of the people of the nations and the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Their gods can't do anything.
The governing body can and does. @kjw47

Just one example is that they separated a grandmother from her daughter and her grandchildren.
Another example is that they separated a man from his family and consequently, he killed himself.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@kjw47 I am asking for proof that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are who they say they are.

Do you agree with me that a Christian is to put his faith in God alone?

You are putting your faith in those men. Or, you have the proof we need that they
really have been assigned to care for all believers' spiritual needs.

What is your proof?

It can't be that they preach The Kingdom of God by Jesus because other people do that.
It can't be that they teach love and not war because other people do that.
It can't be because they accept in anyone regardless of race or national origin because other groups do that too.

Can you give us the proof that you may believe in for your salvation so that we might be saved too?

kjw47

You are so blind!

They didn't CORRECT their teaching! After it failed, they had to clean it up!!!

I studied--Jesus teachings for many years--He backs the JW teachers- 0 doubt.
They did make correction. You just desire to stand in opposition no matter what truth is shown.
Jesus taught his true followers would be hated.

kjw47

For the 7th time kindly show us where in Mat 7:21-23 it mentions Catholics and Trinitarians and then feel free to quote the scripture that tasks you or your Organization with the separation work.

Quote the scripture kjw. It's really that simple.

I just showed you, can you understand English?

kjw47

And? The men of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are false gods. Why not prove to us they are not false?

YOU say it is because The Holy Spirit bore witness to them that they are.
Now, it is time to prove to us (who will die according to them for our unbelief in them)
that they still are witnessed to by The Holy Spirit.

Also, it is written that every man is a liar.
You have the weighty responsibility of proving to us they haven't lied about The Holy Spirit
so that we might cling to them (like you are clinging to them) and please God.

The things you have to prove.
1. That Matthew 24:45 is a real prophesy of real people.
2. That the men of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are not lying about their appointments
3. That they are remaining faithful to Jesus to the end

Can you do it?

I know that to believe in God takes faith.

That God is Jealous

That putting faith in another is not wise because God is jealous

So........there has to be a putting trust in them WITHOUT FAITH. That means you have to prove
your righteousness, the governing body righteousness, and the organization's righteousness.

You say that your preaching is proof enough. It isn't, because other people who are not JWs are preaching too.
You say the other reason is that you are getting along in love. First of all, I know for a fact that the peace of the JWs is FORCED. and secondly, there are many, many other integrated groups of people who are also getting along in love.

The GB aren't gods--why make up lies?
I don't have to prove anything to you. Its up to you alone to find the narrow gate and enter it. You alone will stand at judgement-ALONE- for your choices.
But are they serving the true God=John 4:22-24--the answer is no. Every mortal loves. Hitler loved his family and friends--I see many posting that all the time they do the same--one must love-ALL. Even men like-Hitler, bin laden, etc etc etc. We aren't their judge. Too many run around pointing fingers at anothers sin, when to God, their sin is just as bad. Probably why Jesus taught--he who is without sin, cast the first stone. no one can, yet many do.

kjw47

Substituting one false prophesy with another is not a correction.

So it's wise to replace one lie with another? Is this why they replaced dates like 1914 with nonsense like "Millions now living will never die"? Is this why they attempted to "channel" a lie into the Creator's mouth? Isn't that simply going from bad to worse?

I'll be sure to let these people know.

False prophesies are errors kjw. Would you say they not only deceived others, but deceived themselves, just as 2 Timothy 3:13 proclaimed?:

"But evil men and seducers shall grow worse and worse: erring, and driving into error."

Why on earth would these religious leaders "correct" a false date they never preached to begin with?o_O

They cant set a date because they live in pure darkness, they have no understanding.--they teach a non existent god, misleading 2 billion humans into the lake of fire. misleading them into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily.

kjw47

@kjw47 I am asking for proof that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are who they say they are.

Do you agree with me that a Christian is to put his faith in God alone?

You are putting your faith in those men. Or, you have the proof we need that they
really have been assigned to care for all believers' spiritual needs.

What is your proof?

It can't be that they preach The Kingdom of God by Jesus because other people do that.
It can't be that they teach love and not war because other people do that.
It can't be because they accept in anyone regardless of race or national origin because other groups do that too.

Can you give us the proof that you may believe in for your salvation so that we might be saved too?

Why is this world so blind???? The teachings of Jesus prove it all, prove who is who--there will be no excuse. Jesus backs the JW teachers--0 doubt. LEARN WHAT JESUS ACTUALLY TAUGHT.FEW BOTHER.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why is this world so blind???? The teachings of Jesus prove it all, prove who is who--there will be no excuse. Jesus backs the JW teachers--0 doubt. LEARN WHAT JESUS ACTUALLY TAUGHT.FEW BOTHER.
YOU are saying that Jesus taught against The Word which says, "DO NOT put your trust in nobles; in human beings; who cannot bring salvation".

Now, it is different what they say. The JWs say that to trust them is to be delivered from sin.

It is the JWs who teach against Jesus. And they are gods because they can fool people.