• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's World Cup 2006

Who will win the 2006 WC?

• France

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
dislike is the wrong word.... it's just not a strong enough word to capture my feelings on the world cup :eek:
Death by misadventure? Wonder if we can use that for the Ryder Cup too...

Mystic-als

I found a pic of Ronaldinho's dogs. This guy is so rich he could aford three of them!http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4831/pic223868ce.jpg

pic223868ce.jpg

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
Mystic-als said:
I found a pic of Ronaldinho's dogs. This guy is so rich he could aford three of them!

pic223868ce.jpg

Hehe. Very cool.

I'm glad justice has been served and Portugal are out. And how nice to see that Ronaldo was crying!

Italians to win.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
As the one who voted Italy in the poll, let me say:

Retired or not, Zindane's unclassy act calls for a ten game suspension regardless!

FORZA ITIALIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Italy just won 5-3 in Penalty Kicks. It was 1-1 at the end of regulation and OT.

Zindane is the French captain who was thrown out for one of the most dispicable things you'd ever see on a soccer (football) field. He head-butted a guy right in the chest!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I am still in shock and disbelief at Zidane's behavior. There is just no words for that.

Congrats to Italy.

Congrats to Germany who won the third place title yesterday. They have a great young team that should only grow stronger.

Congrats to France too, who despite the shocking foul by Zidane in the last moments of the game, played very well and were the better team of the match.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Yes. Italy played very well this World Cup, having only two goals go by them. They exceeded my, and probably a lot of others', expectations. Congratulations to Italy. My hat goes off.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Maize said:
I am still in shock and disbelief at Zidane's behavior. There is just no words for that.
This was one of the small parts of the game I actually caught. It's kinda like telling your boss to get ****** as you walk out the door after your last shift - you can't expect to get a good reference for it. :shrug:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I'm going to wait a week or so then start a new thread for World Football for us to discuss the various leagues of the world that will be starting up again soon. Will you all be interested in that?

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Personally, I find the MLS to be far from entertaining. And with the cable that I have, that'll probably be the only league I can watch.:(

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Definitely... I feel sorry for the Italians atm... the Serie A is in a shambolic state of corrupted disarray.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
He headbutted someone in the chest in extra time, and got himself red-carded... way to go from being hero of France, to being le saboteur

Mystic-als

Oh please ChrisP. It wasn't Zidanes fault that France lost. He was a little hot headed, agreed. But the what about Henry. He was taken off by the coach. So they were left with Wiltord and Tresege. Not the best striking team in the world. The only thing Zadanes sending off did was virtually garentee the penaltees. Of which Mr T would have taken one anyway. So the final score would still havebeen 5-3 or maybe 5-4.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Piffle! I didn't wear my France shirt for 2 weeks to watch them lose!

Zidane belongs in the UFC :D