• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's World Cup 2006

Who will win the 2006 WC?

• France

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mystic-als

Italy - france. Thats what I say. I really don't want italy to win this thing. I have an italian in the office and I wouldn't hear the end of it.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
ChrisP said:
I'm sorry Amy :(

But on the plus side, ya get to watch me remove my foot from my mouth... not that that's anything new either.

Such a great game, I don't know how the final's gonna top that!

It's okay, Chris. I was talking crap too. And my people lost. Had Germany been able to hold a tie for just a few more moments, I think the results would have been different. But both of those Italian goals were fabulous, and my hat goes off to them. And if I didn't learn my lesson this time, I'd say that France's victory is definate. But we all know now that NOTHING is certain.

evearael

*tip toes into thread*
So... what teams are still standing? I've not been following it.
*ducks for cover*

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Maize said:
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch it... still getting over yesterday. :(

Oh, come on, Maize! Being my German self, I'm pretty disappointed about the results of yesterday's game too. But there is still some genuinely entertaining soccer to be had. I think that's pretty hard to deny, even if my team is out of the run for first. These last three games are sure to be classic. So, just take the sport in for what it is - good, clean (most of the time) fun!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
evearael said:
*tip toes into thread*
So... what teams are still standing? I've not been following it.
*ducks for cover*

The teams left in the poll are the remaining teams. At this point, Germany can only get third or fourth place, and Italy can only get first or second. Whoever wins today's game will go against Italy in the run for first, and whoever loses goes against Germany for third.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Maize said:
Oh I'll watch it, if no other reason than to watch the magic Zindane. :cool:

Heheh. I just came back on here to edit my post to remind of France's golden player. I knew you couldn't deny that!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
So, Zidane scored a nicely placed penalty, leading the French to the finals.

Sunday = France vs. Italy

What do you say Maize? One more poll change for the finals?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
well, apparantly England didn't do very well in their last game, and the fact that i only just found that out speaks wonders about me lol.

how many games are left?

:eek:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
well, apparantly England didn't do very well in their last game, and the fact that i only just found that out speaks wonders about me lol.

how many games are left?

:eek:

2, the final and the 3rd place game.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Maize said:
ZIDANE!!!!

Nah, they all play again.

I meant, THE final. You know, first and second place. Oh, well. It's no big deal. Just a suggestion.

Mike said:

(shakes head) Mike, if you were in America, I'd maybe understand. But how could you live in any other country and NOT know this?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
zombieharlot said:
I meant, THE final. You know, first and second place. Oh, well. It's no big deal. Just a suggestion.

(shakes head) Mike, if you were in America, I'd maybe understand. But how could you live in any other country and NOT know this?

i am quite simply ignorant, and make no effort to deny it :yes: