• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's World Cup 2006

Who will win the 2006 WC?

• France

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
:redcard: If you want to talk about American Football go start another thread. Don't take this thread off topic. Thank you.

Now, back to real football... :soccer:

England vs. Portugal

Brazil vs. France

Two great games today! :jiggy:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
What?! We can't explain to the uninitiated the intricacies of why a round ball is superior to a pointy one? :D

What time do they start? I'm at work for another 2 hours at least :( Might have to get an online score ticker up.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Heartbreak for England. Portugal was tough.

Rooney ought to be tarred and feathered. :rolleyes: Idiot.

Ricardo is possibly the best keeper of this Cup.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
sahra-t said:
/says every swear word under the sun.

*cries*

Someone comfort me :(
:hug:

I'll hold Rooney, you step on him. ;)

I would never, ever, ever pick him for another national team, too much of a hothead and too inexperienced.

c0da

I would never, ever, ever pick him for another national team, too much of a hothead and too inexperienced.

I wouldn't go that far, he deserved a booking at the worst, the original offense was by a Portuguese player anyway, the free kick should have been England's.

I'm just glad that Sven has gone, hopefully Steve Mclaren will take a stand and finally drop one of the senior players (HINT HINT, FRANK BLOODY LAMPARD).
The press has been quick to point out how the Gerrard Lampard partnership isn't working. Well, this tournament has shown us which of the two should keep their place.

Also, Owen Hargreaves has proven his worth to England in this tournament. I think that he should play for England as the holding midfielder more regularly.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
you don't want to be in France right now!!!! O_O

Or maybe you would, depends on how much you like smelly crowds and celebrations :p

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
c0da2006 said:
I wouldn't go that far, he deserved a booking at the worst, the original offense was by a Portuguese player anyway, the free kick should have been England's.

I'm just glad that Sven has gone, hopefully Steve Mclaren will take a stand and finally drop one of the senior players (HINT HINT, FRANK BLOODY LAMPARD).
The press has been quick to point out how the Gerrard Lampard partnership isn't working. Well, this tournament has shown us which of the two should keep their place.

Also, Owen Hargreaves has proven his worth to England in this tournament. I think that he should play for England as the holding midfielder more regularly.
I agree that it's best that Sven is gone.

I didn't mean that any more official action should be taken against Rooney. He definitely deserved the red card. But if I'm England's next coach, I won't soon forget that incident that probably cost England the game.

Hargreaves is no surprise to those who follow Bayern Munich.

Yerda

Veteran Member
c0da2006 said:
I wouldn't go that far, he deserved a booking at the worst,
My testicles disagree. :p

c0da2006 said:
Beckham too, he's way past it. I personally hope Steve's as crap as Sven (being a cheery Scotsman :D) but it would be hard work. Sven's a waster, the team selection is laughable.

c0da2006 said:
Aye, Gerrard is a genuinely world class player.