• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men’s cologne

King Phenomenon

Is there any affordable cologne out there? I’m not interested in Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum. I’m talking about the good strong stuff. 4 sprays and your set all day. Straight up parfum. Everything I’ve seen is $100 or more.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
R.8542c002d727755b2e79fc0fd8232a31

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is there any affordable cologne out there? I’m not interested in Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum. I’m talking about the good strong stuff. 4 sprays and your set all day. Straight up parfum. Everything I’ve seen is $100 or more.
I like Quorum most and it's not that expensive.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Is men wearing cologne still a thing?

I tried it when I was in my late teens. Couldn't stand the smell, so never wore it again.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Obsession.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.17.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.17.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.17.16 PM.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 9

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I always think men who wear cologne either are.

a/ thinking the aroma is sexy and attracts women (they may be right but i don't know anyone who considers the aroma more important than the man)

b/ trying to hide an objectionable personal smell.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I worked with a guy that carried a bottle of Drakkar Noir with him wherever he went. He thought drowning himself in the stuff was a suitable replacement for showering.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just slap on some Old Spice.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

a/ thinking the aroma is sexy and attracts women (they may be right but i don't know anyone who considers the aroma more important than the man)

I think b/ is more accurate.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Is there any affordable cologne out there? I’m not interested in Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum. I’m talking about the good strong stuff. 4 sprays and your set all day.

In my opinion, attar is much better than cologne. It is an oil that you can apply with just one dab. It comes in many fragrances and the scent remains on the skin for a long time. It is alcohol-free and the cost of a dram of it is generally under 12 USD.

I don't wear cologne, but I do wear attar. My favorite fragrance is sandalwood. I wear it because the scent is pleasant and has a vibration of cleanliness (not trying to attract women, and I thoroughly shower every single day). I've heard people in the same office and rooms as me say, 'It smells good in here' and 'Something smells good.'

Nimos

Is men wearing cologne still a thing?

I tried it when I was in my late teens. Couldn't stand the smell, so never wore it again.
My brother's oldest child just got to the age where these things are the hot stuff. And my brother told me, that the stuff they go for is these "old" cologne ones, obviously, they have to be expensive because that is how they judge whether it is good or not :D

But my brother told him, that going around smelling like that is not attractive, so he got him a deo instead.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't wear cologne, but I do wear attar. My favorite fragrance is sandalwood. I wear it because the scent is pleasant and has a vibration of cleanliness (not trying to attract women, and I thoroughly shower every single day). I've heard people in the same office and rooms as me say, 'It smells good in here' and 'Something smells good.'

We use sandalwood candles, the smell is very pleasant.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I usually have HEM sandalwood incense burning when I'm home. When my daughter stops by, she comments on how nice it smells.