• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Member Blessings

Jim

Nets of Wonder
That is bound to happen because of your open devotion to Bahá’u’lláh, who people associate with Bahais.
You must know that.
Now let it go and move on with life.

Stay safe.
Thank you. What I’m doing now is working very well for me.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I was saying that I agree with people in these forums saying that I’m not a Baha’i. Now I see that when people say that, they might not really think that I’m not a Baha’i. It might only be a rhetorical device.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
NOTE: I am not trying to be an LGBTQ ally. I have some views that are contrary to some LGBTQ-affirming views, and not safe for LGBTQ people.

I think it's a weird notion to believe that you can accept a teaching only in an all or nothing approach. Back when I used to hang out with LGBT folks, they even had a group for Christian LGBT people although the Bible explicitly forbids homosexuality.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
... the Bible explicitly forbids homosexuality.
I disagree. *

* LGBTQ* warning: I am not trying to be an ally. I have some views contrary to some LGBTQ* affirming views.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m thinking now that it might be better for me and for everyone else if I don’t respond any more at all to posts from people who have associated me with Baha’i beliefs.

That might be a way to avoid some grief for me and for others, but maybe not all of it.

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Yes, but would you not then experience a lot of disagreement with the teacher who speaks of God or Gods, Buddhas and so on? a spiritual path is a personal path, so I will no longer say that you are right or wrong Jim, i leave you to do as what you see correct for you.
I remember when I thought I was panentheist when I was posting here. My beliefs were neither pantheist nor panentheist nor other variations, but 3 different members would correct me saying I'm 3 different variants. I thought I was Baha'i at one point too, but that didn't pan out too well. I'll just use the term "Seeker studying Hinduism" for myself.
I think it's a weird notion to believe that you can accept a teaching only in an all or nothing approach. Back when I used to hang out with LGBT folks, they even had a group for Christian LGBT people although the Bible explicitly forbids homosexuality.
Amanaki, Kat-Kat, Sirona,

I’ll try to make this as clear as I can. I’m a member of a worldwide community whose membership is defined by the Baha’i Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel. There are people posting here and in other Internet forums promoting and defending some beliefs that they call “the Baha’i Faith” who might also be members of that community, but some of my views, and my interests in Internet discussions, are opposed to theirs. *

I mostly will mot respond to any posts from you, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t read them, and it doesn’t mean that I won’t have any friendly interest in what you say. I will.

* I’m not trying to be an ally for anyone. Every faction is promoting sone ideas and interests opposed to mine.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Amanaki, Kat-Kat, Sirona,

I’ll try to make this as clear as I can. I’m a member of a worldwide community whose membership is defined by the Baha’i Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel in Haifa, Israel. There are people here and in other Internet forums promoting and defending some beliefs that they call “the Baha’i Faith” who might also be members of that community, but those are not my beliefs, and my interests in Internet discussions are opposed to theirs.

I mostly will mot respond to any posts from you, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t read them, and it doesn’t mean that I won’t have any friends interest in what you say.
ok, not a problem for me. I wish you all well in your search for what you looking for @Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I mostly won’t respond to anyone whose posts have associated me with a belief system. That doesn’t mean that I won’t read theit posts, and it doesn’t mean that I won’t have any friendly interest in what they say.

Last edited: