• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Member Blessings

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
God I'm sounding like PopeADope. Okay let's do some blessings of other members, but do it from the heart, not just a waving of a wand and saying "I hereby dub thee... "

@Jim I feel like I have known you since I joined, first person I had any form of interaction with. I think your old threads on improving the world were best, they stayed more on topic and were less "he said / she said, I think, so I think that..."

I didn't always get the vibe that you understood everything 100% in them, but they were very meaningful discussions. Then something kind of changed after you left for awhile and came back. Your posts became much more speculative, and more like a reality show.

In any case, it's still fun, whatever side we are on. I think this is kind of a new world for you, where you've been doing the same thing for very long, then kind of tried to change upon realizing that you may not have every last thing correct, but then ending up so "hip" even the younger generation doesn't understand you, or that is my best guess.

But in any case, I wanted to thank you because that 60% of the time when I really enjoyed your efforts, they did mean a lot to me.

My blessing would be: May you get your desires in life if they are God's plan, and find peace with your colleagues. May you continue to grow in your understandings and find that rare peace even on RF.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God I'm sounding like PopeADope. Okay let's do some blessings of other members, but do it from the heart, not just a waving of a wand and saying "I hereby dub thee... "

@Jim I feel like I have known you since I joined, first person I had any form of interaction with. I think your old threads on improving the world were best, they stayed more on topic and were less "he said / she said, I think, so I think that..."

I didn't always get the vibe that you understood everything 100% in them, but they were very meaningful discussions. Then something kind of changed after you left for awhile and came back. Your posts became much more speculative, and more like a reality show.

In any case, it's still fun, whatever side we are on. I think this is kind of a new world for you, where you've been doing the same thing for very long, then kind of tried to change upon realizing that you may not have every last thing correct, but then ending up so "hip" even the younger generation doesn't understand you, or that is my best guess.

But in any case, I wanted to thank you because that 60% of the time when I really enjoyed your efforts, they did mean a lot to me.

My blessing would be: May you get your desires in life if they are God's plan, and find peace with your colleagues. May you continue to grow in your understandings and find that rare peace even on RF.
Very well written :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
IMHO, Jim is confused. He is not what he is trying to be (a Bahai). Perhaps he needs to rethink.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
IMHO, Jim is confused. He is not what he is trying to be (a Bahai). Perhaps he needs to rethink.

I agree, with the disclaimer I don't mean this in a bad way. The Baha'i faith is still pretty Abrahamic and rules-y. It's possible there may be hard choices between being more Unitarian Universalist and being able to promote peace more, at the risk of being shunned by the Baha'i faith, or sticking to the core of the Baha'i faith and as a result, not being taken real seriously when one tries to promote freedom from prejudices. I don't mean this in a bad way. Hopefully it's not seen as such.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I would be very glad for everyone in these forums to stop thinking that I’m a Baha’i, or trying to be one.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I would be very glad for everyone in these forums to stop thinking that I’m a Baha’i, or trying to be one.

Alright. You're not a Baha'i. What faith are you? What do you seek that isn't being a part of a Baha'i faith at all?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Alright. You're not a Baha'i. What faith are you? What do you seek that isn't being a part of a Baha'i faith at all?

We all have a worldview. What makes it wrong for, when considering one's posts, to if they think they know some about them, to try to fathom the worldview that led their premises to the conclusions?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
... find peace with your colleagues.
If you’re thinking of people posting about their Baha’i beliefs in Internet discussions, I might have already found peace with them, but they are not my colleagues. In fact, facing up to that has helped me find peace with them.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If you’re thinking of people posting about their Baha’i beliefs in Internet discussions, I might have already found peace with them, but they are not my colleagues. In fact, facing up to that has helped me find peace with them.

'Kay. Whatever you say.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It's possible there may be hard choices between being more Unitarian Universalist and being able to promote peace more, at the risk of being shunned by the Baha'i faith, or sticking to the core of the Baha'i faith and as a result, not being taken real seriously when one tries to promote freedom from prejudices.
I’m not trying to be Unitarian Universalist at all, and I’m not trying to pass anyone’s belief tests.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Some people have been telling me that I’m not really a Baha’i. I thought that they were wrong, but I see now that I misunderstood what they were saying. I think now that they are right. According to their definition of “Baha’i,” I am not a Baha’i.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Some people have been telling me that I’m not really a Baha’i. I thought that they were wrong, but I see now that I misunderstood what they were saying. I think now that they are right. According to their definition of “Baha’i,” I am not a Baha’i.
I think we all in this forum trying to find the answer to who you are, what you believe, and why you speak so much about Baha`i when you are not a Baha`i.
If you follow the teaching of Baha`i`ullah are you then not a Baha'i?

The problem for me is that you change every day, just similar to one who does not know themself and what they believe. To me, you are asking the same question over and over again, about community service but spirituality and religion are so much more than that, is t not?
I am confused about whom Jim actually is.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I think we all in this forum trying to find the answer to who you are, what you believe ...
I am not a follower of any belief system. I reject and denounce all belief systems.
... and why you speak so much about Baha`i when you are not a Baha`i.
ROTFL! Do you see any irony in that question?
If you follow the teaching of Baha`i`ullah are you then not a Baha'i?
I don’t know of anyone in these forums who thinks that I’m following the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh. Do you know of anyone who thinks that I am?
The problem for me is that you change every day ...
Seriously? You see that as a problem?
To me, you are asking the same question over and over again, about community service but spirituality and religion are so much more than that, is t not?
First you say that I change every day, then you say that I’m asking the same question over and over again, and you see both of those as problems.

What I’ve been saying is personal development and community service with the aim and purpose of helping to improve the lives of all people everywhere and helping to improve the world for future generations.
I am confused about whom Jim actually is.
I’m a person who is trying to learn to follow a spiritual teacher.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am not a follower of any belief system. I reject and denounce all belief systems.

ROTFL! Do you see any irony in that question?

I don’t know of anyone in these forums who thinks that I’m following the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh. Do you know of anyone who thinks that I am?

Seriously? You see that as a problem?

What I’ve been saying is personal development and community service with the aim and purpose of helping to improve the lives of all people everywhere and helping to improve the world for future generations.

I’m a person who is trying to learn to follow a spiritual teacher.
1: So become atheists now? No, you can not have become an atheist because you say you follow a spiritual teacher. Are your teachers from Baha`i?

2: No honestly i don't see the irony in any of this, because there is no irony

3:I have thought so because you spoke so much about it, and i am sure others too believe so, but i can not name others.

4: Yes i see that as a problem because of how you portray the things you speak of. the change you do every day is like nobody can know or understand what you trying to say. is there a purpose of the change every day? or are you not looking for any solid answers in the teaching you claim to follow from your teacher?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are there not any Buddhists who are atheists, following spiritual teachers?
I am no longer a Buddhist, But yes there are Buddhists who see themself as Atheists, When I was a Buddhist I did not see myself as atheist and still as Falun Gong practitioner I do not see my self as an atheist.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
... nobody can know or understand what you trying to say ...
Do you think that it would ever be possible for every person in the forums to always understand everything that you’re trying to say? If not, does that make it wrong for you to say it?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

You once had a discussion with adrian asking him to contact the Baha'i house and ask them if you were doing anything against the Baha'i faith, if I'm not mistaken.