• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the Saints

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So when the Church “names” Saints, it is merely recognizing that the person is in heaven.

Second, there is not an opposite process. There is no process of naming those who are in hell. The Church truly believes in the unfathomable mercy of Jesus Christ and holds out hope that all who turn to Him in their final hour, or even in their final second, may achieve salvation. Therefore, the Church has never, and will never, declare somebody to be in hell.

The second step is that people must consider that the particular deceased person 1) possessed what is known as “heroic virtue,” 2) is now in heaven, and 3) should be recognized bt the Church for the sake of the faithful here on earth. These people can petition the bishop of the diocese in which the person lived to begin an investigation of the person and their life. The bishop, or his representatives, compile all the person’s writings along with as much testimony as they can gather on the person and writes a report.

After the bishop completes his investigation he sends his findings to the Congregation of the Causes of Saints. This group, located in Rome, begins further investigation and at the end of their investigation issues a statement that either attests to the “heroic virtue” of the person, or denies it. If the person under consideration was also killed, this is the stage at which it is determined if they were killed, in fact, for their faith or for a different reason. If the person passes this stage they may be known as “Venerable” and people may seek their intercession in prayer.

That their intercession may be sought represents a critical turning point. From this stage forward miracles are required. Those with a particular devotion to the person under consideration begin praying for the intercession of the would-be Saint.[undefined=undefined] In order to take the next step in the process a verifiable miracle must occur. This miracle must be investigated and proven to be impossible outside of divine explanation. These types of miracles are often medical, as in cured terminal diseases[/undefined], but not always.

Once a confirmed miracle has been attributed to this person’s intercession, a ceremony is held in which the person is proclaimed to be a “Blessed.” This is the final stage before being officially declared a Saint.

The final requirement is one more confirmed miracle. The requirements for this miracle are the same as the first miracle[/undefined] and once the miracle has been confirmed the person may be named a Saint, which usually happens in a ceremony involving Mass at the Vatican.

Often the process is shortened for a person who was martyred for their faith. In fact, it has become common practice to waive one of the miracles for martyrs.[/undefined] Once a person has been declared a saint, they are assigned a feast day and that feast day may be celebrated around the world.

http://coraevans.com/blog/article/the-canonization-process?gclid=CPCLvsq-6csCFZWFaQodWHwC-A

Padre Pio:
Book2dpi300Bweb.jpg

Padre Pio was a Follower of Saint Francis of Assissi, a lover of nature but also a poor beggar who humbled himself to the dust, cared for lepers, and loved lived in poverty. He referred to Her as "Lady Poverty."

Padre Pio largely followed that example with the exception that He wasn't homeless . but still, when the world was drawn to Him and put Him on a pedestal, He said "im just a poor Friar that prays."

""On September 20, 1918, while hearing confessions, Padre Pio had his first occurrence of the stigmata: bodily marks, pain, and bleeding in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ. This phenomenon continued for fifty years, until the end of his life. The blood flowing from the stigmata smelled of perfume or flowers, a phenomenon mentioned in stories of the lives of several saints and often referred to as the odour of sanctity. Though Padre Pio would have preferred to suffer in secret, by early 1919, news about the stigmatic friar began to spread in the secular world. Padre Pio’s wounds were examined by many people, including physicians.[4]

People who had started rebuilding their lives after World War I, began to see in Padre Pio a symbol of hope.[13] Those close to him attest that he began to manifest several spiritual gifts, including the gifts of healing, bilocation, levitation, prophecy, miracles, extraordinary abstinence from both sleep and nourishment (one account states that Padre Agostino recorded one instance in which Padre Pio was able to subsist for at least 20 days at Verafeno on only the Eucharist without any other nourishment), the ability to read hearts, the gift of tongues, the gift of conversions, and the fragrance from his wounds.[14]

His stigmata, regarded as evidence of holiness, were studied by physicians whose independence from the Church is not known.[15] The observations were unexplainable and the wounds never became infected.[16][17] His wounds healed once but reappeared.[18] They were examined by Luigi Romanelli, chief physician of the City Hospital of Barletta, for about one year. Dr. Giorgio Festa, a private practitioner, also examined them in 1920 and 1925. Professor Giuseppe Bastianelli, physician to Pope Benedict XV, agreed that the wounds existed but made no other comment. Pathologist Dr. Amico Bignami of the University of Rome also observed the wounds but could make no diagnosis.[19] Both Bignami and Dr. Giuseppe Sala commented on the unusually smooth edges of the wounds and lack of edema. Dr. Alberto Caserta took x-rays of Padre Pio's hands in 1954 and found no abnormality in the bone structure.[20]

adre Pio was said to have had the gift of reading souls, the ability to bilocate (according to eyewitness accounts), among other supernatural phenomena. He was said to communicate with angels and worked favors and healings before they were requested of him.[45] The reports of supernatural phenomena surrounding Padre Pio attracted fame and legend. The Vatican was initially skeptical.

In the 1999 book, Padre Pio: The Wonder Worker, a segment by Irish priest Malachy Gerard Carroll describes the story of Gemma de Giorgi, a Sicilian girl whose blindness was believed to have been cured during a visit to Padre Pio.[46] Gemma, who was brought to San Giovanni Rotondo in 1947 by her grandmother, was born without pupils. During her trip to see Padre Pio, the little girl began to see objects, including a steamboat and the sea.[46][47] Gemma's grandmother did not believe the child had been healed. After Gemma forgot to ask Padre Pio for grace during her confession, her grandmother implored the priest to ask God to restore her sight.[46] Padre Pio told her, "The child must not weep and neither must you for the child sees and you know she sees."[46] Oculists were unable to determine how she gained vision.

Padre Pio believed the love of God is inseparable from suffering, and that suffering all things for the sake of God is the way for the soul to reach God. He felt that his soul was lost in a chaotic maze, plunged into total desolation, as if he were in the deepest pit of hell.

Fr. Gabriele Amorth, senior exorcist of Vatican City, stated in an interview that Padre Pio was able to distinguish between real apparitions of Jesus, Mary and the saints and the illusions created by the devil, by carefully analysing the state of his mind and the feelings produced in him during the apparitions. In one of Padre Pio's letters, he states that he remained patient in the midst of his trials because of his firm belief that Jesus, Mary, his guardian angel, St. Joseph, and St. Francis were always with him and helped him [48] During his period of spiritual suffering, his followers believe that Padre Pio was attacked by the devil, both physically and spiritually.[14] His followers also believe that the devil used diabolical tricks in order to increase Padre Pio's torments. These included apparitions as an "angel of light" and the alteration or destruction of letters to and from his spiritual directors. Padre Augustine confirmed this when he said:

Now, twenty-two days have passed since Jesus allowed the devils to vent their anger on me. My Father, my whole body is bruised from the beatings that I have received to the present time by our enemies. Several times, they have even torn off my shirt so that they could strike my exposed flesh.[48]

Padre Pio reported engaging in physical combat with Satan and his minions, similar to incidents described concerning St. John Vianney, from which he was said to have sustained extensive bruising. On the day of Padre Pio's death, mystic and Servant of God Maria Esperanza de Bianchini from Venezuela reported that he appeared to her in a vision and said, "I have come to say good-bye. My time has come. It is your turn."[49][50][51] Her husband saw his wife's face transfigured into that of Padre Pio.[50] On the following day, they learned that Padre Pio had died.[49][51] Witnesses say they later saw Esperanza levitating during Mass and engaging in bilocation.[51] Padre Domenico da Cese, a fellow Capuchin stigmatist, reported that on Sunday, September 22, 1968, he saw Padre Pio kneeling in prayer before the Holy Face of Manoppello, although it was known that Padre Pio had not left his room.[52]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pio_of_Pietrelcina

There were Anti Catholic freemasons as well who tested His ability to read hearts by confessing to Him and He could tell them the sins that they were guilty of that they had not confessed.

yhst-18641436096086_2265_13425588.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I put this in the comparative religion thread because I want Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans, and perhaps even Atheists to share their Saints as well. (someone you think demonstrated all the heroic qualities that they deserve Heaven even if you don't believe in Heaven)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I put this in the comparative religion thread because I want Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Pagans, and perhaps even Atheists to share their Saints as well. (someone you think demonstrated all the heroic qualities that they deserve Heaven even if you don't believe in Heaven)
Well, guess what? Statistically, we Mormons beat out you Catholics. :p There are over 15 million Latter-day Saints in the world today. :D And that's not even counting our dead "saints." ;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well, guess what? Statistically, we Mormons beat out you Catholics. :p There are over 15 million Latter-day Saints in the world today. :D And that's not even counting our dead "saints." ;)
:D
Do all of them make it to Heaven?

You know the Catholic Church says that every soul that doesn't go to hell is a saint?

That is a lot of Souls...I only hope it is 90% of all people or more...but I fear id be disappointed

lovesong

:D
Premium Member
Pagans are so diverse that no one of us can speak for all of us. I'm just saying that so nobody takes what I say to be definitive Pagan truth.
Personally I believe in only a single afterlife that all spirits go to after death. This would either mean that everyone is a saint because everyone gets afterlife, or that nobody is a saint since no one gets special privilege after death. Honestly Pagans just don't have saints, and even though our vision of afterlife varies, the lack of saints is a more or less universal thing in Paganism (with a few exceptions of course).

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think there are advanced souls that exist in many different religious traditions. I particularly am impressed with Padre Pio from my studies.
So when the Church “names” Saints, it is merely recognizing that the person is in heaven.
I am not clear on this. Is the Church saying the average good Christian that died is not in heaven but awaiting a judgement day? If that is what the Church is saying, then that is not something I or my tradition would agree with.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Pagans are so diverse that no one of us can speak for all of us. I'm just saying that so nobody takes what I say to be definitive Pagan truth.
Personally I believe in only a single afterlife that all spirits go to after death. This would either mean that everyone is a saint because everyone gets afterlife, or that nobody is a saint since no one gets special privilege after death. Honestly Pagans just don't have saints, and even though our vision of afterlife varies, the lack of saints is a more or less universal thing in Paganism (with a few exceptions of course).

With that sort of attitude we'll never be able to crown you as the Pagan Pope...
And I had such high hopes...*sighs*

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It's an interesting request, @PopeADope , in terms of atheists sharing their Saints. I know you're not speaking literally, so all good from that angle, but can I ask a potentially ignorant question?
Are Saints sainted due to the body of work over their lives, or based on specific saintly acts? If the latter, could someone who has performed great acts, but then fallen be a saint? Or do they need to be in a state of grace at death to achieve that?

Also...we'd have to wave any requirement for miracles in order for an atheist to even make a hypothetical stab...!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I think there are advanced souls that exist in many different religious traditions. I particularly am impressed with Padre Pio from my studies.

I am not clear on this. Is the Church saying the average good Christian that died is not in heaven but awaiting a judgement day? If that is what the Church is saying, then that is not something I or my tradition would agree with.
No the church never declares a soul to be in hell and it rarely to declares with certainty that a soul is in heaven.

There are many souls in heaven, the church is just saying they don't know for sure in regard to the more than 99% of Saints that are never canonized.

Once again, with the canonized saints the church is declaring we know this to be a saint in heaven. With the other souls in heaven the church is stating "we don't know".

The Church often admits that the magisterium and the Pope don't know everything, therefore the church has a very limited understanding and she admits that.

George-ananda

Premium Member
No the church never declares a soul to be in hell and it rarely to declares with certainty that a soul is in heaven.

There are many souls in heaven, the church is just saying they don't know for sure in regard to the more than 99% of Saints that are never canonized.

Once again, with the canonized saints the church is declaring we know this to be a saint in heaven. With the other souls in heaven the church is stating "we don't know".

The Church often admits that the magisterium and the Pope don't know everything, therefore the church has a very limited understanding and she admits that.
What is the Church's position on the 'Judgement Day' then?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's an interesting request, @PopeADope , in terms of atheists sharing their Saints. I know you're not speaking literally, so all good from that angle, but can I ask a potentially ignorant question?
Are Saints sainted due to the body of work over their lives, or based on specific saintly acts? If the latter, could someone who has performed great acts, but then fallen be a saint? Or do they need to be in a state of grace at death to achieve that?

Also...we'd have to wave any requirement for miracles in order for an atheist to even make a hypothetical stab...!

Regarding a fall, the Saints with the exception of the Blessed Mother fell many times.

But a lost soul that never makes it to Heaven would never be considered a saint. Does that answer your question?

George-ananda

Premium Member
All Souls shall be fully enlightened and their good works and bad Works laid bare , and All Souls shall be reunited with their bodies.
Reunited with their bodies? I won't take the thread off topic any further.

My tradition is loaded with Saints although there is no official declaration process accepted by all. I think Saints are a great sign to show us there is more to life than materialism.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I agree with @lovesong , Pagans are so diverse that you probably get a more straight forward answer from an atheist than a Pagan. Thats my opinion.

I dont believe in heaven. If I did, heaven would be here on Earth where are family from generations back are helping us today and when I and my generation pass, we help the family (blood, community, humanity), of the next. So, Id say that all people are Saints and where they are on Earth is how they are still spiritually growing to connect with their loved ones.

There is a ritual I do nowadays that heals the illnesses and pains of those passed. So, that their relations with us and we them will not be disrupted. Given that, on earth, we help the deceased by healing and likewise the other way around.

I dont believe that spirits just vanish nor do I believe that there is a "time limit" or "growing old" in the afterlife. Its more about interconnection and present moment than finding a way to live in heaven.

So all people are saints, past, present, and future. From Adam and Jesus, to Buddha and Muhammad, Joseph Smith and Mary Jain, Carlita Smith*, and Cathorine Smith*.

I remember reading the process of making a saint. The closest I can get to that is making good relations here on earth so there would be less strain in help healing in the afterlife. Which means doing what the spirits say to keep people together: family in blood, history, and humanity.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Saint Andrew Jackson
battle-of-new-orleans-AB.jpeg

7th President
He fought the Battle of New Orleans with untrained Plowman against the most well equipped and trained and powerful military on Earth at the time. He won the battle with up to 3,000 British casualties and only eight Americans died.

People who witnessed the battle said it was miraculous , and almost like the bullets of the Americans were guided to hit their targets and the bullets of the British were guided to miss. People said it was like watching Divine fire rain down upon the enemy.

Jackson was sabered in the face by a British officer in the Revolutionary War and all of his family died except for him in that war (including both parents while He was still a child)..

He rose from the muck of poverty and was shot in the heart during a duel and walked away like he wasn't even harmed.

He also was the first president where there was an attempt made upon his life and the man who shot at him fired two rounds. The Caps exploded but the bullets didn't go anywhere, and the chances of that happening are quite a few thousand to one.

The man who restrained the Assassin was Davy Crockett of all people, and he said something like "I wanted to meet the world's dumbest criminal and now I'm looking at him".

He was very uneducated and unqualified to be president yet people saw him as anointed by God. His life contained destiny that could not have taken place by chance. His victory at New Orleans was so amazing we have to search Old Testament scriptures to find such battles.

Although he is unrecognized by the church I know that he is a patron saint of America and a great friend to have! :)

images

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Second, there is not an opposite process. There is no process of naming those who are in hell. The Church truly believes in the unfathomable mercy of Jesus Christ and holds out hope that all who turn to Him in their final hour, or even in their final second, may achieve salvation. Therefore, the Church has never, and will never, declare somebody to be in hell.

The second step is that people must consider that the particular deceased person 1) possessed what is known as “heroic virtue,” 2) is now in heaven, and 3) should be recognized bt the Church for the sake of the faithful here on earth. These people can petition the bishop of the diocese in which the person lived to begin an investigation of the person and their life. The bishop, or his representatives, compile all the person’s writings along with as much testimony as they can gather on the person and writes a report.

After the bishop completes his investigation he sends his findings to the Congregation of the Causes of Saints. This group, located in Rome, begins further investigation and at the end of their investigation issues a statement that either attests to the “heroic virtue” of the person, or denies it. If the person under consideration was also killed, this is the stage at which it is determined if they were killed, in fact, for their faith or for a different reason. If the person passes this stage they may be known as “Venerable” and people may seek their intercession in prayer.

That their intercession may be sought represents a critical turning point. From this stage forward miracles are required. Those with a particular devotion to the person under consideration begin praying for the intercession of the would-be Saint.[undefined=undefined] In order to take the next step in the process a verifiable miracle must occur. This miracle must be investigated and proven to be impossible outside of divine explanation. These types of miracles are often medical, as in cured terminal diseases[/undefined], but not always.

Once a confirmed miracle has been attributed to this person’s intercession, a ceremony is held in which the person is proclaimed to be a “Blessed.” This is the final stage before being officially declared a Saint.

The final requirement is one more confirmed miracle. The requirements for this miracle are the same as the first miracle[/undefined] and once the miracle has been confirmed the person may be named a Saint, which usually happens in a ceremony involving Mass at the Vatican.

Often the process is shortened for a person who was martyred for their faith. In fact, it has become common practice to waive one of the miracles for martyrs.[/undefined] Once a person has been declared a saint, they are assigned a feast day and that feast day may be celebrated around the world.

http://coraevans.com/blog/article/the-canonization-process?gclid=CPCLvsq-6csCFZWFaQodWHwC-A

Padre Pio:

Padre Pio was a Follower of Saint Francis of Assissi, a lover of nature but also a poor beggar who humbled himself to the dust, cared for lepers, and loved lived in poverty. He referred to Her as "Lady Poverty."

Padre Pio largely followed that example with the exception that He wasn't homeless but still, when people were drawn to Him and put Him on a pedestal, He said "im just a poor Friar that prays."

""On September 20, 1918, while hearing confessions, Padre Pio had his first occurrence of the stigmata: bodily marks, pain, and bleeding in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ. This phenomenon continued for fifty years, until the end of his life. The blood flowing from the stigmata smelled of perfume or flowers, a phenomenon mentioned in stories of the lives of several saints and often referred to as the odour of sanctity. Though Padre Pio would have preferred to suffer in secret, by early 1919, news about the stigmatic friar began to spread in the secular world. Padre Pio’s wounds were examined by many people, including physicians.[4]

People who had started rebuilding their lives after World War I, began to see in Padre Pio a symbol of hope.[13] Those close to him attest that he began to manifest several spiritual gifts, including the gifts of healing, bilocation, levitation, prophecy, miracles, extraordinary abstinence from both sleep and nourishment (one account states that Padre Agostino recorded one instance in which Padre Pio was able to subsist for at least 20 days at Verafeno on only the Eucharist without any other nourishment), the ability to read hearts, the gift of tongues, the gift of conversions, and the fragrance from his wounds.[14]

His stigmata, regarded as evidence of holiness, were studied by physicians whose independence from the Church is not known.[15] The observations were unexplainable and the wounds never became infected.[16][17] His wounds healed once but reappeared.[18] They were examined by Luigi Romanelli, chief physician of the City Hospital of Barletta, for about one year. Dr. Giorgio Festa, a private practitioner, also examined them in 1920 and 1925. Professor Giuseppe Bastianelli, physician to Pope Benedict XV, agreed that the wounds existed but made no other comment. Pathologist Dr. Amico Bignami of the University of Rome also observed the wounds but could make no diagnosis.[19] Both Bignami and Dr. Giuseppe Sala commented on the unusually smooth edges of the wounds and lack of edema. Dr. Alberto Caserta took x-rays of Padre Pio's hands in 1954 and found no abnormality in the bone structure.[20]

adre Pio was said to have had the gift of reading souls, the ability to bilocate (according to eyewitness accounts), among other supernatural phenomena. He was said to communicate with angels and worked favors and healings before they were requested of him.[45] The reports of supernatural phenomena surrounding Padre Pio attracted fame and legend. The Vatican was initially skeptical.

In the 1999 book, Padre Pio: The Wonder Worker, a segment by Irish priest Malachy Gerard Carroll describes the story of Gemma de Giorgi, a Sicilian girl whose blindness was believed to have been cured during a visit to Padre Pio.[46] Gemma, who was brought to San Giovanni Rotondo in 1947 by her grandmother, was born without pupils. During her trip to see Padre Pio, the little girl began to see objects, including a steamboat and the sea.[46][47] Gemma's grandmother did not believe the child had been healed. After Gemma forgot to ask Padre Pio for grace during her confession, her grandmother implored the priest to ask God to restore her sight.[46] Padre Pio told her, "The child must not weep and neither must you for the child sees and you know she sees."[46] Oculists were unable to determine how she gained vision.

Padre Pio believed the love of God is inseparable from suffering, and that suffering all things for the sake of God is the way for the soul to reach God. He felt that his soul was lost in a chaotic maze, plunged into total desolation, as if he were in the deepest pit of hell.

Fr. Gabriele Amorth, senior exorcist of Vatican City, stated in an interview that Padre Pio was able to distinguish between real apparitions of Jesus, Mary and the saints and the illusions created by the devil, by carefully analysing the state of his mind and the feelings produced in him during the apparitions. In one of Padre Pio's letters, he states that he remained patient in the midst of his trials because of his firm belief that Jesus, Mary, his guardian angel, St. Joseph, and St. Francis were always with him and helped him [48] During his period of spiritual suffering, his followers believe that Padre Pio was attacked by the devil, both physically and spiritually.[14] His followers also believe that the devil used diabolical tricks in order to increase Padre Pio's torments. These included apparitions as an "angel of light" and the alteration or destruction of letters to and from his spiritual directors. Padre Augustine confirmed this when he said:

Now, twenty-two days have passed since Jesus allowed the devils to vent their anger on me. My Father, my whole body is bruised from the beatings that I have received to the present time by our enemies. Several times, they have even torn off my shirt so that they could strike my exposed flesh.[48]

Padre Pio reported engaging in physical combat with Satan and his minions, similar to incidents described concerning St. John Vianney, from which he was said to have sustained extensive bruising. On the day of Padre Pio's death, mystic and Servant of God Maria Esperanza de Bianchini from Venezuela reported that he appeared to her in a vision and said, "I have come to say good-bye. My time has come. It is your turn."[49][50][51] Her husband saw his wife's face transfigured into that of Padre Pio.[50] On the following day, they learned that Padre Pio had died.[49][51] Witnesses say they later saw Esperanza levitating during Mass and engaging in bilocation.[51] Padre Domenico da Cese, a fellow Capuchin stigmatist, reported that on Sunday, September 22, 1968, he saw Padre Pio kneeling in prayer before the Holy Face of Manoppello, although it was known that Padre Pio had not left his room.[52]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pio_of_Pietrelcina

There were Anti Catholic freemasons as well who tested His ability to read hearts by confessing to Him and He could tell them the sins that they were guilty of that they had not confessed.

Actually according to the new Testament people that are alive can be called "saints."

The word is translated "saints" more then 60 times.

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

There are no people in Hell. Hell was added in later.

Tanakh actually says ALL are in Sheol - so both saints and sinners are there together awaiting Messiah, for Final Judgment.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I've read on Wikipedia that the Church plans to canonize Mother Teresa on 4 September this year. I understand that somebody must have been attributed to performing at least 2 miracles, which are verified by the Church, before he/she can be canonized. "In 2002, the Vatican recognized as a miracle the healing of a tumor in the abdomen of an Indian woman, Monica Besra, after the application of a locket containing Mother Teresa's picture. On 17 December 2015, the Vatican confirmed that Pope Francis recognized a second miracle attributed to her involving the healing of a Brazilian man with multiple brain tumors."

2015-12-18-niles-a.jpg

This little lady had a vision on a train which led her to go into one of the most dangerous and disease-ridden disgusting ghettos in the world with no money , and she knew God would take care of her , and her worldwide movement changed the face of the earth. She won the Nobel Peace Prize.

She managed to establish religious missions even in Muslim and communist countries where it wasn't okay before that to have any public churches.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Actually according to the new Testament people that are alive can be called "saints."

The word is translated "saints" more then 60 times.

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

There are no people in Hell. Hell was added in later.

Tanakh actually says ALL are in Sheol - so both saints and sinners are there together awaiting Messiah, for Final Judgment.

The word Saint can apply to any extra-ordinarily holy person