• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meaning of life.

chinu

chinu
The meaning of life is "to find the meaning of life" until one gets the meaning of life, that's why everybody seems to be searching a meaningful life, again and again, one after the another.Thus.. the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life.

Now, one might be thinking that if this is the meaning of life, than what one get out of this irksome meaning ? When one fails after all efforts than finally one fall into the feets of God for help, and when one fall on the feets of God for help, God picks that person up and gets disappear by making that person as God, and after becoming God, that person starts looking for some another failed persons to help them.

Thus, what's the meaning of life ?
Ans: Its to find the meaning of life.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I've found the meaning of life- to have a good and full life with friends, and to help others have a good and full life if I can

Why? Because that's the meaning I've given it. I saw no meaning given, so I had to give it one

chinu

chinu
I've found the meaning of life- to have a good and full life with friends, and to help others have a good and full life if I can

Why? Because that's the meaning I've given it. I saw no meaning given, so I had to give it one
I think you must say; Because that's the meaning I've given it for the mean time or for some time, rather than its a permanent meaning. itsn't it ? phoenix.

Well, i already said in the OP that meanings keep on changing from time to time, that's why everybody seems to be searching a meaningful life, again and again, one after the another. :)

apophenia

And you must also say "Because that's the meaning I, Chinu, have given it for the mean time or for some time"

Discovering that the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life is effectively meaningless.

And ... then what ?

Teach others that the meaning of life is to find that the meaning of life is to find ...etc etc? :facepalm:

Sounds a bit like the stack of turtles the world rests on.

Turtles all the way down ! :D

The only way to 'make sense' of a self-induced loop like that is to claim that this is the structure of not just the universe, but of God Himself. The deification of cognitive feedback in a sense.

That is not so much 'meaning' as it is a way of sublimating an ongoing experience of hypervigilence-in-meaninglessness, to use a word I just invented. (It would sound more profound in German).

Fair enough I suppose. Whatever gets you through the night.

joea

Oshoyoi
The meaning of life is "to find the meaning of life" until one gets the meaning of life, that's why everybody seems to be searching a meaningful life, again and again, one after the another.Thus.. the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life.

Now, one might be thinking that if this is the meaning of life, than what one get out of this irksome meaning ? When one fails after all efforts than finally one fall into the feets of God for help, and when one fall on the feets of God for help, God picks that person up and gets disappear by making that person as God, and after becoming God, that person starts looking for some another failed persons to help them.

If you had asked this question from the cemetery, it would of been valid. Yet you are alive and you ask, what is life ? ..Lolz ..have a nice day ..ha ha ha :)..the meaning of life is to LIVE...what is the meaning of a rose flower ?

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If you are really asking this question from heart, there isn't one, give up, enjoy it, it's pointless to move on.

If you are asking this question to see what motivates people, it's all love.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
We are here to learn all that we can before we die.

The body.....by design.....displays the intent.

Your body can't really do anything else.

John Martin

Jesus Christ said, 'first of all seek you the kingdom of God and righteousness and all things will be given unto you'.
The primary purpose of our human existence to seek God, or the foundation of our life. To find God is to experience oneness with God, oneness with the creation and oneness with humanity. it is also to find the meaning of our life, our purpose in the world of time and space.
Hence the meaning of our life before finding God is to find God. The meaning of life after finding God is to manifest the divine attributes of love, compassion and sharing in our human relationships.

chinu

chinu
And you must also say "Because that's the meaning I, Chinu, have given it for the mean time or for some time"

Discovering that the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life is effectively meaningless.

And ... then what ?

Teach others that the meaning of life is to find that the meaning of life is to find ...etc etc? :facepalm:

Sounds a bit like the stack of turtles the world rests on.

Turtles all the way down ! :D

The only way to 'make sense' of a self-induced loop like that is to claim that this is the structure of not just the universe, but of God Himself. The deification of cognitive feedback in a sense.

That is not so much 'meaning' as it is a way of sublimating an ongoing experience of hypervigilence-in-meaninglessness, to use a word I just invented. (It would sound more profound in German).

Fair enough I suppose. Whatever gets you through the night.
Keep it up. :)

chinu

chinu
If you had asked this question from the cemetery, it would of been valid. Yet you are alive and you ask, what is life ? ..Lolz ..have a nice day ..ha ha ha :)..the meaning of life is to LIVE...what is the meaning of a rose flower ?
After death.. we cannot think, Before birth.. we cannot think, When to think ?
Similarly like a doctor who counseled: Take this medicine after sleeping to night, but before getting up in the morning.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
After death.. we cannot think, Before birth.. we cannot think, When to think ?
Similarly like a doctor who counseled: Take this medicine after sleeping to night, but before getting up in the morning.

Shall we consider....I think therefore I am.....

And can God do the same?

chinu

chinu
If you are really asking this question from heart, there isn't one, give up, enjoy it, it's pointless to move on.
We concluded there isn't one, because we want the concluded answer to this question, That's what made us to do so, otherwise the question is where it is and the answer is where it was :)

chinu

chinu
Shall we consider....I think therefore I am.....
One cannot discontinue thinking, anyways.
Yes, it sounds like discontinued thinking, but we don't know that we are thinking that we have discontinued it.
Afterall.. we are just THINKING always.:)

chinu

chinu
Jesus Christ said, 'first of all seek you the kingdom of God and righteousness and all things will be given unto you'.
The primary purpose of our human existence to seek God, or the foundation of our life. To find God is to experience oneness with God, oneness with the creation and oneness with humanity. it is also to find the meaning of our life, our purpose in the world of time and space.
Hence the meaning of our life before finding God is to find God. The meaning of life after finding God is to manifest the divine attributes of love, compassion and sharing in our human relationships.
What's the meaning of life ?
Is to find the meaning of life, or is to find who has created life
Both are one and the same things.