• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayorkas Grilled By Criss Wallace On Hatians

esmith

Veteran Member
On Fox News Sunday Seretary Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas admitted Sunday that the vast majority of Haitian migrants who crossed the southern U.S. border in recent weeks have already been released into the United States, and it is possible that more will follow them. Mayorkas admitted that 10 to 12 thousand have been released into the US and probably 5000 or more in the future. At least Criss Wallace would not let Mayorkas deflect from the question. However, Mayorkas still would not admit it is the Biden train wreck.
To the many Fox News non-belivers on this forum the video of the interview is in the link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ma...een-released-into-u-s-and-it-could-be-higher-

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
On Fox News Sunday Seretary Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas admitted Sunday that the vast majority of Haitian migrants who crossed the southern U.S. border in recent weeks have already been released into the United States, and it is possible that more will follow them. Mayorkas admitted that 10 to 12 thousand have been released into the US and probably 5000 or more in the future. At least Criss Wallace would not let Mayorkas deflect from the question. However, Mayorkas still would not admit it is the Biden train wreck.
To the many Fox News non-belivers on this forum the video of the interview is in the link.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ma...een-released-into-u-s-and-it-could-be-higher-

I feel bad for all of the folks who come here or want to come here to the US that take the effort to go through the legal channels. They seemed to get ignored in all of this.

Daemon Sophic

Ooookaaaay! o_O So 12 of the roughly 30 thousand who passed through that location have been efficiently processed, and per American laws, have been allowed into the country pending their court hearings, to see if they may properly file for refugee status. :shrug: Oh NO!! Perfectly legal immigrants who don’t look like you or me!! :eek::eek::facepalm:

Remembering that these are Haitians who are refugees following the large earthquakes and hurricanes that have devastated their islands. Unfortunately our country cannot help all of these unfortunate refugee applicants, and the majority (over 17,000) have already been flown back to Haiti.
The Fox hack job (remember it’s not what you say, so much as how you say it) goes on to say that 44% of such legal applicants don’t show up for their court dates (oh the horror!). But they fail to discuss how that results in the applicant’s immediate return to their country of origin. :rolleyes: No. Faux Noose (as the OP demonstrates) is just schilling out anti-immigrant and anti-Democratic fear and loathing, by pointing out the effective operation of our good men and women of the border guards and the immigration procedures that have served our nation well for many decades, then twisting a simple recitation of facts into SOME SORT OF HORRIBLE IMMIGRANT INVASION LET THROUGH OUR GATES BY EVIL DEMOCRATS!!. :rolleyes:

DHS secretary: Up to 12,000 Haitian migrants released into U.S.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The release was and is conditional, plus something had to be done because there was simply no way to process all of them that showed up. Compare that to Trump's putting myriads of children into cages and not keeping accurate track of where there may be any relatives here in the States to the point whereas when the Biden administration came into office there were roughly 200 of these children still in that same situation. Finally, now all of them have been united with someone one way or the other.

Another big difference is that this administration is at least trying to deal with this in a humanitarian manner, whereas the previous administration was clearly using these children as pawns in order to "send a message"-- Trump's own words.

esmith

Veteran Member
The release was and is conditional, plus something had to be done because there was simply no way to process all of them that showed up. Compare that to Trump's putting myriads of children into cages and not keeping accurate track of where there may be any relatives here in the States to the point whereas when the Biden administration came into office there were roughly 200 of these children still in that same situation. Finally, now all of them have been united with someone one way or the other.

Another big difference is that this administration is at least trying to deal with this in a humanitarian manner, whereas the previous administration was clearly using these children as pawns in order to "send a message"-- Trump's own words.
Oh, I see as long as it is your beloved Biden putting kids in cages it's ok.
Pertinenttime on video starts at 0:59 and at 1:32

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Let me guess, you consider it a bad thing to allow poor people to migrate to the US.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Oh, I see as long as it is your beloved Biden putting kids in cages it's ok.]
Do you think it's a bad thing when migrants are being put into cages and prevented from freely moving about?
Would you prefer them to move all over your country, like the Haitians you just got extremely outraged over?

Or are you performatively outraged over this to trigger the libs?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

I think it is cruel to send the Haitian refugees back to their country. Do you know what things are like there? We can absorb them, easily.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Whatever happened to "give your tired masses yearning to breath free?"
We are a nation of immigrants, a nation of nations.

Daemon Sophic

Oh, I see as long as it is your beloved Biden putting kids in cages it's ok.
Pertinenttime on video starts at 0:59 and at 1:32
Actually, I thought time-point 2:00 till the end was most telling.
Donald Trump - “People are just pouring into our country, and it will destroy our country. It will destroy our country.” Yeah! You tell ‘em Don!

Wait…..:confused:

People just pouring into our country is what made our country great. It is what made our country great. :)

Yeah Don! Go suck an egg you brainless twit!

metis

Did you forget seeking asylum is allowed by US law?
It not only is allowed, but it simply is a response that's humane. From that point, we can then sort out the pieces so as to determine what steps may be necessary to ameliorate the situations in their own respective countries.

Now, compare that to what Trump did when refugees in the NTC went north to escape horrendous conditions and Trump withdrew all aid for them and refused to even assist their neighboring countries to help out, and even charitable organizations. The result: it made things even worse yet, which Trump then blamed on the Dems. However, that fed his low-information base, so it accomplished what he wanted as being the Con-Man-In-Chief.

The reality as you know is that Trump was, and still is, playing the race card, and that appeals to so many in his base. Naturally they won't admit that, but honesty is not one of their attributes either.

Here, from a non-partisan source so others can see for themselves: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

metis

BTW, when the Biden administration took over, they had a mess on their hands dealing with these refugees as I had previously posted. But unlike the Trump administration, they allowed members of both chambers to come and see for themselves, which had been largely prohibited by Trump & Co. If one is doing nothing wrong, they would have nothing to hide. Were there still some children in cages? Yes, but they got them emptied out in good order as additional facilities were opened.

What is also of utmost importance here is what the motivation of both Trump and Biden were and are, and anyone with an IQ greater than that of a turnip well knows there's a huge difference. Even pubs like Lindsey Graham have stated that Biden has great compassion for others, but I don't think anyone who knows Trump would ever claim that, including his own sister that the Donald says he's the closest to.

esmith

Veteran Member
BTW, when the Biden administration took over, they had a mess on their hands dealing with these refugees as I had previously posted. But unlike the Trump administration, they allowed members of both chambers to come and see for themselves, which had been largely prohibited by Trump & Co. If one is doing nothing wrong, they would have nothing to hide. Were there still some children in cages? Yes, but they got them emptied out in good order as additional facilities were opened.

Let see now, you say
"they allowed members of both chambers to come and see for themselves, which had been largely prohibited by Trump & Co. If one is doing nothing wrong, they would have nothing to hide."
So, tell me why the Biden administration would not allowed reporters into the holding area for the illegals.
US-Mexico border: Biden administration continues to deny journalists access to border facilities - CNNPolitics
Seems, like they had something to hide and still do. They even tried to stop drone flights over the area
Lawmakers slam Biden, FAA on border crisis flight restriction
Then:
Fox News cleared to fly after Biden FAA temporarily bans drones over bridge packed with illegal immigrants

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on Thursday night initially placed a two-week flight restriction along a bridge at the Texas-Mexico border inundated with thousands of illegal immigrants, which prevented reporters from flying drones to document the crisis – but Fox News regained clearance the next day.

Seems they got caught with their pants down on this one.

What is also of utmost importance here is what the motivation of both Trump and Biden were and are, and anyone with an IQ greater than that of a turnip well knows there's a huge difference. Even pubs like Lindsey Graham have stated that Biden has great compassion for others, but I don't think anyone who knows Trump would ever claim that, including his own sister that the Donald says he's the closest to.
Most responsible people would realize that attempting to denigrate those that disagee with you is not any way to heal this country.
Unlike you I respect your opinions on various subject but not necessarly agree with them. However, I am intelligent enough to realize that name calling is childish.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
We are also a nation of laws, or did you forget that minor issue?
You mean laws like allowing immigrants the right to declare asylum? Laws that the US not only adopted but help to draft? Laws that the Trump administration routinely violated by illegally detaining immigrants and not allowing them to use the proper channels to legally declare asylum?

The "we are a nation of laws" argument falls utterly flat when coming from anybody who supported or defends the Trump administration which repeatedly and flagrantly broke those laws. I don't even like Biden, and even I can see that this is a blatant example of selective outrage.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Of course it's a givin the responsible and vigilant democrats made sure they tested the people they arbitrarily let loose into the country.

One would not want anyone to think they are hypocrites or anything.

metis

The "we are a nation of laws" argument falls utterly flat when coming from anybody who supported or defends the Trump administration which repeatedly and flagrantly broke those laws. I don't even like Biden, and even I can see that this is a blatant example of selective outrage.
I agree. Biden was far from being my favorite candidate even though I do believe he's basically a nice guy, but I do have to somewhat support him at least because of the scourge that was our previous president who basically tried to become America's first dictator. Many Republicans have left the party because of him, and some of them are quite well known, such as George Will, Michael Schmidt, Ana Navarro, former RNC chair Michael Steele, etc:

Analysis: Exodus of Republican voters tired of Trump could push party further right

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic.../republicans-flee-the-gop-after-capitol-riots

GOP registration drop after Capitol attack is part of larger trend

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I agree. Biden was far from being my favorite candidate even though I do believe he's basically a nice guy, but I do have to somewhat support him at least because of the scourge that was our previous president who basically tried to become America's first dictator. Many Republicans have left the party because of him, and some of them are quite well known, such as George Will, Michael Schmidt, Ana Navarro, former RNC chair Michael Steele, etc:

Analysis: Exodus of Republican voters tired of Trump could push party further right

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic.../republicans-flee-the-gop-after-capitol-riots

GOP registration drop after Capitol attack is part of larger trend
I think the problem now goes both ways, too. On the one hand we have Trump supporters, for whom nothing Biden does can ever be good because nobody can compare to their putch-loving, woman abusing, racist, fascist overlord. On the other hand, Trump was so bad that "At least he's not Trump" has gone from a legitimate voting strategy to a Universal defensive response to any and all criticism of Biden.

Trump has managed to significantly bring down standards for BOTH political parties, when the whole problem (and the reason Trump got votes in the first place) is because we should be demanding MORE from our political class.

metis

I think the problem now goes both ways, too. On the one hand we have Trump supporters, for whom nothing Biden does can ever be good because nobody can compare to their putch-loving, woman abusing, racist, fascist overlord. On the other hand, Trump was so bad that "At least he's not Trump" has gone from a legitimate voting strategy to a Universal defensive response to any and all criticism of Biden.

Trump has managed to significantly bring down standards for BOTH political parties, when the whole problem (and the reason Trump got votes in the first place) is because we should be demanding MORE from our political class.
I hear ya on this as I know that so many whom are really upset with both parties, as I am, whereas party politics are front & center, not the country and the people living in it.

However, I don't want to slip into false equivalencies either as there definitely in one of the parties that simply has again become the "Party of No", thus unwilling to even support policies that they previously had supported when they ran the "show", such as raising the debt-ceiling.