• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe Communist China ought to realize who's actually playing with fire.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I know China is well aware of the consequences on their part as well.

It's a game of chicken and psychology is the best weapon on our part at this stage of the game.

With that view, I'm willing to bet it's a good game of posturing to further test the Biden administration to see if the Communists can go further than ever if he backs down which it would be a horrible thing if he did.

Anyways there is still the Taiwanese act to supply them with protection and let's give them some serious teeth.

My heart goes out to the Taiwanese people.
And your wallet, too? Wars are expensive.

amorphous_constellation

You don't let bulllies have their way. You make your stand and make it a tough one.

That doesn't solve anything dude. Not when the whole world turns to ash. Your attitude reminds me of my little brother , who gets charged with battery for bar fights

How is your spirituality informing your view here?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How would we defeat China?
The same way it would defeat us. First force a surrender, then exchange citizens and force intermarriage, forging a permanent fusion of two countries. Do it like Alexander the Great or don't do it at all.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That doesn't solve anything dude. Not when the whole world turns to ash. Your attitude reminds me of my little brother , who gets charged with battery for bar fights

How is your spirituality informing your view here?

I'm not entirely a pacifist only because the world itself by nature is not passive, so realistically am more prone towards the philosophy behind Bushido, which mixes passive nature and aggression to create hopefully, a proper balance.

Twilight Hue

It would be fun to see PRC aircraft shut down.
But then death & destruction would follow in Taiwan.
I'd expect attacks on our military too.
No not necessarily. We shot down soviet fighters in the past during the heyday of the USSR.

They pulled back after that and went to the table.

There are also those skirmishes between India and China that were addressed without major war erupting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The same way it would defeat us. First force a surrender, then exchange citizens and force intermarriage, forging a permanent fusion of two countries. Do it like Alexander the Great or don't do it at all.
Without nukes, China wouldn't surrender.
They have a conventional military advantage in their own front yard.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No not necessarily. We shot down soviet fighters in the past during the heyday of the USSR.

They pulled back after that and went to the table.
Which conflict are you talking about?
(Their fighters also shot down many of ours.)
I see no connection between aerial dogfights & negotiating peace.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Without nukes, China wouldn't surrender.
They have a conventional military advantage in their own front yard.
Nobody would surrender, and what we tend to underestimate is how cold and contrived that government is. It will create the pretext for a war if it will help establish its legitimacy to its people. Taiwan and the S China Sea are pretexts for a war. What it seeks, like all aggressors, is a swift victory followed by negotiations. It doesn't seek a protracted war, but it will spill blood to legitimize itself.

Offer to evacuate Taiwan, now, even if we don't go to war. Work it out with allies, finding places for the refugees to live. This Mainland will not like and will be an embarrassment to the authority of their government...to its legitimacy.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Another winning strategy is called Scorched Earth. You leave, but you destroy everything behind you.

Twilight Hue

Which conflict are you talking about?
(Their fighters also shot down many of ours.)
I see no connection between aerial dogfights & negotiating peace.

I can't seem to find the story anymore, maybe it was the Mandela effect taking hold here. ;0]

I could of sworn I had read the account of the incident somewhere.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't seem to find the story anymore, maybe it was the Mandela effect taking hold here. ;0]

I could of sworn I had read the account of the incident somewhere.
The US has fought MIGs in the east before.
Both sides lost planes.
But air superiority has waned as a factor in war due to MAD.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Patton. Should be henceforth be known as the Patton strategy.
This would be different, because the citizens of Taiwan would need to be citizens somewhere new. Allies would have to adopt them whole hardheartedly. I suggest a new kind of fast track citizenship, possibly a multi-national citizenship. They'd also need help to get started and thrive, so it is an expensive strategy in more ways than one. Still it is better than world war.