• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe ‘cuz I’m old?

WalterTrull

Godfella
Or maybe because I’m shallow, or maybe just plain lazy.

If a thread is longer than 3 pages, no matter how interesting the subject, I won’t bother. If an OP is longer than 1 screen, my eyes start to glaze over. Over 2, I hit the back button.

Catch me with a simple, intriguing premise, nice concise paragraph. You’ll hook me and I’ll ask. Links! Links!

Thread drift is Satan’s design. True believers spin off.

(Yeah, I know, I’ve been guilty, - so’s your old man!)

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I can sometimes last longer than three pages, but after a while I do get bored with the thread.

The past two days, however, there haven't been any interesting threads that warrant my attention.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Or maybe because I’m shallow, or maybe just plain lazy.

If a thread is longer than 3 pages, no matter how interesting the subject, I won’t bother. If an OP is longer than 1 screen, my eyes start to glaze over. Over 2, I hit the back button.

Catch me with a simple, intriguing premise, nice concise paragraph. You’ll hook me and I’ll ask. Links! Links!

Thread drift is Satan’s design. True believers spin off.

(Yeah, I know, I’ve been guilty, - so’s your old man!)
likewise.....

i will scan a thread for the sight of a catch phrase
often times there is none

Thief

Rogue Theologian
of course there are several running threads at any time that seem to lean toward that game thread.....
last post is the winner!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If the OP is a diatribe I tend to skip it then and there. Long running threads are not an issue for me but when posts come in every 5 minutes, forget it, except for one or two joke threads.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I think I'm one of the oldest ones here,
79 next week....any one else here older ?
Anything past 6 lines give me a headache,
unless there's a lot of numbers in it,
then I fall suddenly into a chaotic slump.
And my blogs are always a joke, right ?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
yeah....when you get older....
people flip flop on your words
cause you talk like you did 50 years ago

so you're either funny....ha ha
or funny .....odd

DavidFirth

Yeah, if I see a thread for the first time and it's more than a few pages long I generally skip it and look for one much smaller or that just got started.