• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May 21st

Sultan Of Swing

To all Christians that believe the world will end on May 21st, are you claiming to know more than the Son of God?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

No one. NO ONE knows apart from the Father. As Brandon Flowers once said (or sang), "Think it through before you open your mouth to talk."

Please don't go throwing your lives away thinking the world will end on this date. Please. If it does, then so be it, and we will all be saved. But don't go doing silly things like quitting jobs and becoming a hermit and whatnot. Please.

outhouse

Atheistically
every person who has predicted the end has failed and over the years there has been thousands.

predicting the end has had a %100 failure rate.

outhouse

Atheistically
Just in case it does, there is a place where you can make sure your pets are taken care of after you are Raptured. For a small flat rate base cost plus a small additional pet fee, you can rest assure that your pets will be alright, albeit taken care of atheists.

Rapture pet care, since you can't take 'em with you

what ever their prices are I will do it for half lol :wolf::kat::frog::bkcat:: hamster ::puppy::turtle::eek:wl:

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
The thing is, this company has actually made money off of this! Its $135 with $20 for additional pets. Its good for 10 years after you pay for it. :O

lunakilo

every person who has predicted the end has failed and over the years there has been thousands.

predicting the end has had a %100 failure rate.

Since the world will presumably only end once, the failure rate will stay 100% until the end of the world.

If some one actually predicts the end of the world correctly no one will know until the end of the world at which time the prediction will be irellevant since the world will have ended.

murugan

To all Christians that believe the world will end on May 21st, are you claiming to know more than the Son of God?

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

No one. NO ONE knows apart from the Father. As Brandon Flowers once said (or sang), "Think it through before you open your mouth to talk."

Please don't go throwing your lives away thinking the world will end on this date. Please. If it does, then so be it, and we will all be saved. But don't go doing silly things like quitting jobs and becoming a hermit and whatnot. Please.

Yes, it is true that no one will know that when the world will exactly end. So kindly do not believe on the false predictions. When the world ends there will not be a single life in the earth, so there is no chance of any loved ones to be left alone. So stop all the worries and enjoy the life till the end. :clap2:

BruceDLimber

[E]very person who has predicted the end has failed and over the years there has been thousands.

[P]redicting the end has had a %100 failure rate.

EXCEPT, of course, that what the individuals in question were predicting was the so-called "end of the world!"

Whereas in the Baha'i view, that phrase is a MISTRANSLATION: the word in the original Greek is "eras," which means "world" or "age."

And the translators of the original KJV Bible chose the wrong meaning! What that verse really speaks of is the end of the Age.

Which in the Baha'i view already came and went about a century and a half ago with the initiation and rise of the Baha'i Faith, which has been growing and spreading world wide ever since!

And those (few) individuals who correctly understood these prophesies did indeed get them right!

You can see the details here:

Click on one of the following to navigate further down this page Religious Unity

So things aren't quite as bad as you painted them. :)

Peace,

Bruce

No Good Boyo

engineering prostitute
To be fair the tests does say "no one knows...". It does not say "no one will know" or "no one can know". When was Matthew 24:36 written?

Rakhel

How many times does the world have to end before it actually does?

William Miller predicted the end to be March 21, 1844. When this didn't happen, his followers moved the end date to Oct 22 1844.
Rev Thomas Parker predicted the end to be around the year 1859
[FONT=&quot]Charles Taze Russell predicted the Rapture in 1910, followed by End of the World in 1914
the JW's can't seem to get the date right : 1914, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975 and 1994.
David Davidson predicted the end in 1953
I could go on and on. I don't understand why people worry about the end. If it's gonna end, what can you do about it?
[/FONT]

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I agree with Rakhel, besides, Vendetta has a date with a gorgeous babe next week. God has to wait.

gnomon

Isn't it interesting how often people think they know the mind of their God. Of course, some people think they are God. I wonder if they claim to know their own mind.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How many times does the world have to end before it actually does?

Realistically? I would say an interstellar impact or the Sun dying. Easy to predict once noticed, and assumingly will be quite accurate to forecast regarding the unfortunate populations fate at the time if the case be it.

Obviously not through the pretend timesetting that we see here. ;O)

BruceDLimber

William Miller predicted the end to be March 21, 1844. When this didn't happen, his followers moved the end date to Oct 22 1844.

What you're overlooking is that Miller made two mistakes!

First off, he was expecting the literal end of the world; but this is because of a mistake made by the compilers of the KJV Bible: the original Greek word is "eras," which means "world" or "age." And the translators picked the wrong meaning: what the prohpecy is really about is the end of the Age!

And this did indeed happen in 1844 with the establishment of the Baha'i Era (May 22/23) and the forthcoming Baha'i Faith which heralded the Return of the Christ Spirit!

But Miller missed this because he was expecting the events to happen literally when in fact they were spiritually symbolic and took place that way, as the Baha'i Faith continues to explain!

The events of the First Coming weren't fulfilled literally: Christ wasn't a king and wasn't named Emannuel.

Those of the Second Coming weren't literal, either!

Simple as that.

BTW, you'll find a lot of Baha'is celebrating that anniversary this Sunday and Monday, and are cordially invited to attend! :) In the US, phone 1-800-22-UNITE or check your White Pages under "Baha'i Faith" to find out where.

Peace,

Bruce

Last edited: