• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Massive star two and a half MILLION times as bright as sun...vanishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
False. Once light or anything enters a space and time that is different it obeys and exists in that time. If you came from Germany and had a speed limit of 100MPH in your town, and you were driving in a sleepy town in the US in a school zone, you would not be keeping former speed limits.

But if I start out 5 minutes behind you and we obey the same speed limits, I will always be 5 minutes behind you. Even if we slow down or speed up.

False analogy. All those people are in the fishbowl and the same time and space. Now imagine we are at the edge of the universe. Other people are at various points closer to the earth. They all move toward earth and all get here at the same time. It took 3 minutes for all of them to arrive at the boundary of the fishbowl regardless of where they started. Once they get here, they are limited to a walking speed of 4mph. If the fishbowl was for example, 1 light day in diameter, then it would take them, what, many thousands of years to get the rest of the way to earth?

But that has nothing to do with the time measurements we make. See the above analogy for speeds through a town. if we start out 5 minutes apart and obey the same speed limits, we will *always* be 5 minutes apart. So, when we finish our journey, no matter how the speeds changed, we will be that same 5 minutes apart when we finish.

THIS is how we know the time periods for things far away even if we don't know the speeds or distances.

But, of course, once we verify the same, we also get that distances work the same, and thereby that our parallax gives accurate answers.

dad

Undefeated
But if I start out 5 minutes behind you and we obey the same speed limits, I will always be 5 minutes behind you. Even if we slow down or speed up.
If no limit out there resulted is anyone arriving more than a microsecond apart, it doesn't matter. They all get here about the same time. So what we may have is a universe full of stars that can be lit up or...whatever...that can get a message to earth virtually instantly, or at least in the exact right time here.

But that has nothing to do with the time measurements we make. See the above analogy for speeds through a town. if we start out 5 minutes apart and obey the same speed limits, we will *always* be 5 minutes apart.
When we all are in the same time, and space, yes. Do not apply that to the universe.
So, when we finish our journey, no matter how the speeds changed, we will be that same 5 minutes apart when we finish.
Not if time is nothing like time we know here in the fishbowl. If starlight can arrive here in days or minutes or seconds, then the speed out there is of no real concern. What is a major concern is you claiming something took billions of fishbowl years to get here!

THIS is how we know the time periods for things far away even if we don't know the speeds or distances.
No, if something is a millisecond different than something else out there, then it doesn't matter. We might perceive it as minutes or years apart though, here in the fishbowl. You see we are in fishbowl time here.
But, of course, once we verify the same, we also get that distances work the same, and thereby that our parallax gives accurate answers.
That can't be done.

ecco

Veteran Member
Your opinion is noted.
My opinion? Do you deny that you asked for feedback from lurkers?

For the lurkers sake here tell us what you think of Eve and whether you believe she was a real woman taken from a real man's bone? Be honest.

Is the above quote not really yours?

Or can't you remember what you post?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Another star has just been seen shootinga acrosss space at fantastic speed after it went partially nova.
Something else never known before.

We are Doomed

ecco

Veteran Member
Let's not make too much of a post with a 1 and a 0.

In the poll you requested, 100% of respondents disagree with you.
In the poll you requested, 000% of respondents agree with you.

Perhaps you are not familiar with math.

ecco

Veteran Member
And here is a star that recently appeared out of nowhere. Even more curious, it has a tail. Truly it must be a sign from Satan!

comet-pic.jpg;w=960

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If no limit out there resulted is anyone arriving more than a microsecond apart, it doesn't matter. They all get here about the same time. So what we may have is a universe full of stars that can be lit up or...whatever...that can get a message to earth virtually instantly, or at least in the exact right time here.

When we all are in the same time, and space, yes. Do not apply that to the universe.

Not if time is nothing like time we know here in the fishbowl. If starlight can arrive here in days or minutes or seconds, then the speed out there is of no real concern. What is a major concern is you claiming something took billions of fishbowl years to get here!

No, if something is a millisecond different than something else out there, then it doesn't matter. We might perceive it as minutes or years apart though, here in the fishbowl. You see we are in fishbowl time here.
That can't be done.

Your opinion is noted. And it disagrees with those who are doing it.

dad

Undefeated
In the poll you requested, 100% of respondents disagree with you.
In the poll you requested, 000% of respondents agree with you.

Perhaps you are not familiar with math.
You are not a lurker since you frequently posted here. Gong! 0 for 0

ecco

Veteran Member
You are not a lurker since you frequently posted here. Gong! 0 for 0
Once again your memory has failed you.

I'll recap for you...

#229 ecco, Saturday at 5:00 PM
Your answers are getting more irrational with each post. I'm bored.
To which you responded.
dad, Sunday at 1:53 AM
Science deal in the natural. If you find that irrational that is your problem.
To which I did not respond because, as I stated in #229, I was bored with your irrational responses. Therefore, since post #229 on Saturday at 5:00 PM, I was officially a lurker.

So, we are back to: 0 for Dad; 1 against dad.

More important is that no other lurkers responded. That is probably because there are no lurkers. That is probably because no one bothers to lurk a thread started by dad. That is probably because dad's threads are predictable:
  • Post nonsense
  • Supply no supporting evidence
  • Demand evidence from those of opposing views
  • Ignore the evidence
  • Rinse and Repeat

Tiberius

No. Officially defeated and unable to stand up again and defend your religion does not make you a lurker.
It makes you yesterday's news. 0 for 0.

Just because someone refuses to engage in discussion with nonsense, does not mean the nonsense wins.

I can refuse to play a game of chess with a pigeon, but the pigeon hasn't won the game.

You're the pigeon.

dad

Undefeated
Just because someone refuses to engage in discussion with nonsense, does not mean the nonsense wins.

I can refuse to play a game of chess with a pigeon, but the pigeon hasn't won the game.

You're the pigeon.
Right, so when you get more than nonsense, someone might engage you.

The cosmo model is belief based. They assume time and space are uniform. When a star millions of times brighter than the sun up and disappears, asking why they never saw it coming or going is anything but nonsense. Face it, you find anything nonsense that questions your religion.

Tiberius

Right, so when you get more than nonsense, someone might engage you.

The cosmo model is belief based. They assume time and space are uniform. When a star millions of times brighter than the sun up and disappears, asking why they never saw it coming or going is anything but nonsense. Face it, you find anything nonsense that questions your religion.

You seem incapable of comprehending written English. I did say very clearly that you were the pigeon.

ecco

Veteran Member
No. Officially defeated and unable to stand up again and defend your religion does not make you a lurker.
That's funny. I guess you don't know the meaning of the word "atheist".

Nevertheless, once again, I am bored and going back to lurking. You won't hear any more from me in this thread unless you again ask for comments from lurkers.

BTW: I guess it bears repeating, threads started by Dad don't attract a lot of lurkers.

Bye bye

dad

Undefeated
That's funny. I guess you don't know the meaning of the word "atheist".

Nevertheless, once again, I am bored and going back to lurking. You won't hear any more from me in this thread unless you again ask for comments from lurkers.

BTW: I guess it bears repeating, threads started by Dad don't attract a lot of lurkers.

Bye bye
Nice try at being a lurker. Spammers are not lurkers. As for the meaning of atheist, we do know that.

Ps 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God

Status
Not open for further replies.