• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masonry?

Wornout

King Crimson
Having been a Mason and a member of the Shrine, all when I was under 30, I left because there were no African Americans. (They have there own sect of Masonry) At the time I felt it was a worthy fellowship. Now I am seeing there is a slight resurgence among younger people. I NO LONGER support secretive organizations. By the way, there were no goats used in ceremonies. :shout

Onkara

Hi Wornout
In today's society I feel we all need to look further than our race or ancestry to make progress. I mean to say that if we find ourselves alone, then we should see that we are pioneering and may one day ourselves be able to help others who are looking for reassurance, which you seemed to have been looking for in your 20s.

Why do you say you no longer support secretive organisations? Do you mean that there is something not right to belong to organisations which are not public? I am not clear why you added that. :)

PS: Goats are one of my favourite animals, so that is good news :)

Wornout

King Crimson
Hi Wornout
In today's society I feel we all need to look further than our race or ancestry to make progress. I mean to say that if we find ourselves alone, then we should see that we are pioneering and may one day ourselves be able to help others who are looking for reassurance, which you seemed to have been looking for in your 20s.

Why do you say you no longer support secretive organisations? Do you mean that there is something not right to belong to organisations which are not public? I am not clear why you added that. :)

PS: Goats are one of my favourite animals, so that is good news :)

I personally do not feel comfortable with said "Secret" societies. Masons are such a society, I was not comfortable.

Onkara

Would you feel comfortable to explaining further? I have considered Masonry a few times but have felt it might be a too big of a commitment for comfort.

Wornout

King Crimson
Would you feel comfortable to explaining further? I have considered Masonry a few times but have felt it might be a too big of a commitment for comfort.

I can tell you that A Masons are not to discuss Masonry with non Masons. But I have for years, not all but some aspects. The fellowship was good, but rather white (there were some Eastern Indians). There is a lot of memory work which they have simplified to attract ne people, not as hard as in the 80's.

Harmonious

Having been a Mason and a member of the Shrine, all when I was under 30, I left because there were no African Americans. (They have there own sect of Masonry) At the time I felt it was a worthy fellowship. Now I am seeing there is a slight resurgence among younger people. I NO LONGER support secretive organizations. By the way, there were no goats used in ceremonies. :shout
My best friend's father is a Mason and a Shriner. There have been many developments over the years.

Prince Hall is still a black only establishment, but other lodges have been more integrated. (Hal has some very interesting stories about that.)

Hal has explained that, as an institution, Masonry has developed. Individuals might not have grown and matured, but the institution has.

Harmonious

the israeli jews wouldnt allow the black [falasha] jews to immigrate to israel either
circa 1970s
More to the point, the secular Israeli government wouldn't allow Ethiopian Jews to immigrate VIA Law of Return (i.e. the fast track), and you're right, that was in the '70s. But to say that they were not permitted to immigrate is just nonsense.

Once it was clear that they were, in fact Jews, they are permitted to make Aliya like any other Jew.

But as far as religion is concerned... Jews are Jews, and religious Jews don't care about color.

Individuals are what they are, and some people have all kinds of biases. But that is not ingrained in the institution of what makes Jews Jewish.

Starsoul

Truth
Ok I have been since long waiting to ask this question from a Mason, I hope you can help.
Why do higher rank mason members wear the Fez kind of a red hat with swords on it? What does it symbolize?

Wornout

King Crimson
Here is a little clarification. There are Shriners and there are Masons. To be a Shriner you first must be a Mason inorder to be eligible to be in the Shrine. The Fez (hat) is worn by Shriners, not in Masonic Lodge. I do not recall the symbolizing of the swords.

mohammed_beiruti

Here is a little clarification. There are Shriners and there are Masons. To be a Shriner you first must be a Mason inorder to be eligible to be in the Shrine. The Fez (hat) is worn by Shriners, not in Masonic Lodge. I do not recall the symbolizing of the swords.

was Edgar Hoover a Shriner ?

ejhoover.jpg

I read that "Almas" is a hominid , looks like beni Adam , and I have a strong feeling that it was taken from Bible "Daniel chapter 7"

7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

I think that "Hoover" was an Ambassador for Messiah?

wasn't he?

Starsoul

Truth
Thanks a lot for telling me that :)

I'll post some pictures of the Masonic Temple in VA, It has some pictures, names of some of the biggest names of the world from Business, science education etc. I want to know what these things represent.

How come masons have ceremonies where they wear hats on which So much related to Islam is written with swords across it, giving an eerie message of something like, 'We'll eradicate this or that" . Maybe you're going to say that they're representatives, but Muslims do not adopt masonry since its very anti- Islamic, masons have been caught in many conspirational activities against the muslims, In many countries. One reason they operate in secrecy, is that they probably don't want the truth be known, which may be close to, that masons are against the major religions Christianity and Islam. Not judaism since masonry is an offshoot of that.

Here i must add that those at the lower order of masonry, like you said Masons, are ordinary nice people who don't really know much about whats going on among the higher ranks,or whats really the agenda of the society and unless the secrecy and loyalty of a person is sworn in and validated ,he cannot become a shrine. This is what I know through a free mason, ex member.

(Ill post the pics soon, connection problem.)

mohammed_beiruti

Please may I ask about the follwoing Masonic symbol

mason-g.jpg

I would like to Ask about the Letter "G" which appears on the Symbol

does it refer to hieroglyphical Letter "h"

IS200020.jpg

Letter "h" on the drawing looks like letter "G" in English alphabet.

Do have any Idea?

Wornout

King Crimson
Please may I ask about the follwoing Masonic symbol

mason-g.jpg

I would like to Ask about the Letter "G" which appears on the Symbol

does it refer to hieroglyphical Letter "h"

IS200020.jpg

Letter "h" on the drawing looks like letter "G" in English alphabet.

Do have any Idea?

I no longer remember the representations you refer to... it is all revealed to you step by step as a Mason, which was over 30 years ago for me. It is all (or was) memorization based that was passed on from one person to another since George Washington. But I have heard that they have changed with the times and some may now be available in print. Probably even on line?

Wornout

King Crimson
A current Mason told me otherwise.

He told me that the compass and the ruler were tools of Masonry, but "all works surround service of God", hence the G in the middle.

If you were told by a Mason, then definitely it does not stand for God, as he cannot give certain meanings to non Masons and God is an easy out.