• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man Unleashes Profanity-Filled Tirade Against Peaceful Satanists in MN Park"

InChrist

Free4ever
You might ask your Master to touch you on the shoulder when crossing the line. Wouldn't that be something?:)
Thank you. That is a good suggestion. I don't think He will touch me on the shoulder, but may let me know in one way or another.

InChrist

Free4ever
There is no verse where he puts it in quotes, but there are many verses where the meaning is clear. And that is clear in context. When you find yourself doing mental acrobats to defend a belief you are almost certainly wrong. And no, the Immanuel claim is another failed claim of Christianity. We can go over that separately. If you read your link the arguments that he said that he was God are far weaker than those that claim he was not.

You should study up on the history of the Bible and the concept of the trinity. The latter is a second century concept at the earliest.
I am not doing mental acrobats. That seems to be a favorite thing of yours to say whenever you don't like or agree with a Christian view of the scriptures, I've noticed. :) Anyway, this is a big off topic subject about the deity of Christ, which has been addressed in several RF threads already. Many of my thoughts can be found in some of those. I just don't have time to get into it over again right now.

I will just say that for me the bottom line is that If Jesus is not God, He can't be the Savior!
How could anyone other than a Being as God ever bear the sins of the world, past, present, and future? Many OT passages state that God alone is the Savior and then Jesus is revealed in the NT as the one Savior. This tells me that Jesus is God.

There was a time when I didn't get this and when I thought the Trinity was nonsense. Then I was saved by Christ, born again and immediately it make sense.

Have a good day.

InChrist

Free4ever
So, anyways, you have a 'ethics code', christians must have, for salvation, and clearly the Bible says everyone else is going to hell, anyways, so that really is a 'gates of hell are wide', idea.

You need to be clear about what youre saying, not vague.
I don't find you posts very clear. What exactly is your question or point?

InChrist

Free4ever
What isn't clear about that? It's as plain as day, it's what your beliefs necessitate.
According to the Bible, Jesus Christ is the Savior who offers forgiveness and eternal life and He saves anyone who repents and trusts Him as their Lord and Savior. That is what I believe.

shmogie

Who said christians are under the first covenant? Oh you did? I quoted a bunch of NT verses. And christianity is based on the NT so get over yourself and learn to read a posts you are responding to rather than picking total bullpoop argument
You quoted no verses in the post I responded to.
You threw up stuff not to be found anywhere in the NT, but in the First covenant, the OT

You are a little confused here.

When you allege that Christians are under the law of Moses in the First covenant and are taught in the New Testament to follow it, or even accept it as a rule of faith, you are dead wrong, and I will call you on it every time.

If you are going to post idiotic things, you suffer the consequences, like being shown you don t know what you are talking about.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am not doing mental acrobats. That seems to be a favorite thing of yours to say whenever you don't like or agree with a Christian view of the scriptures, I've noticed. :) Anyway, this is a big off topic subject about the deity of Christ, which has been addressed in several RF threads already. Many of my thoughts can be found in some of those. I just don't have time to get into it over again right now.

I will just say that for me the bottom line is that If Jesus is not God, He can't be the Savior!
How could anyone other than a Being as God ever bear the sins of the world, past, present, and future? Many OT passages state that God alone is the Savior and then Jesus is revealed in the NT as the one Savior. This tells me that Jesus is God.

There was a time when I didn't get this and when I thought the Trinity was nonsense. Then I was saved by Christ, born again and immediately it make sense.

Have a good day.
Yes, at best you are just waving your hands.

And you appear to be suffering from extreme confirmation bias. You believe what you want to believe and interpret the Bible to match that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You quoted no verses in the post I responded to.
You threw up stuff not to be found anywhere in the NT, but in the First covenant, the OT

You are a little confused here.

When you allege that Christians are under the law of Moses in the First covenant and are taught in the New Testament to follow it, or even accept it as a rule of faith, you are dead wrong, and I will call you on it every time.

If you are going to post idiotic things, you suffer the consequences, like being shown you don t know what you are talking about.

So maybe you should read more of the context before jumping in. But i must apologise, my bad, i didnt quote, i cited.

Why does the "christian" bible comprise 85% OT and 15% NT. Is it so that 85% of it can be ignored?

Nothing confused in stating fact, the bible teaches "genocide, murder, infanticide, subjugation, rape, theft, sex slavery" are you going to deny the bible?

I made no such allegation. I stated a fact. Now call me on it

Good-Ole-Rebel

That is an amazing stretch. The mental acrobats that some go through to defend their particular interpretations of the Bible are truly amazing. Sorry, but that is just another fail.

Indeed, it is amazing. God the Son becoming Man. Given a body that He will have forever. When Christ was resurrected the Holy Spirit forever joined His Body with his Spirit. So now, the followers of God are not just friends or servants, but brethren. (John 20:17). The Christian is now brother to Jesus Christ. We are brought into the same relationship that Christ has with the Father. "...my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Indeed, it is amazing. God the Son becoming Man. Given a body that He will have forever. When Christ was resurrected the Holy Spirit forever joined His Body with his Spirit. So now, the followers of God are not just friends or servants, but brethren. (John 20:17). The Christian is not brother to Jesus Christ. We are brought into the same relationship that Christ has with the Father. "...my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Good-Ole-Rebel
Yes it is a nice fairy tale. If course it is very bad theology.

shmogie

So maybe you should read more of the context before jumping in. But i must apologise, my bad, i didnt quote, i cited.

Why does the "christian" bible comprise 85% OT and 15% NT. Is it so that 85% of it can be ignored?

Nothing confused in stating fact, the bible teaches "genocide, murder, infanticide, subjugation, rape, theft, sex slavery" are you going to deny the bible?

I made no such allegation. I stated a fact. Now call me on it
Easily. The OT is historical to Christians, primarily. Much of it can be applied to Christian thought, much of it cannot.

The only authority for Christianity is the NT. Once again, the OT and itś rules and laws, never applied to Christians. Christ fulfilled the first covenant, and invoked the second.

You applied those things to Christians, erroneously. Crawdaddy as much as you want, you were dead wrong.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Easily. The OT is historical to Christians, primarily. Much of it can be applied to Christian thought, much of it cannot.

The only authority for Christianity is the NT. Once again, the OT and itś rules and laws, never applied to Christians. Christ fulfilled the first covenant, and invoked the second.

You applied those things to Christians, erroneously. Crawdaddy as much as you want, you were dead wrong.

Yet is is still in the bible and still taught... As i said

Still taught,. Whether the OT applies in the strictest sense is not the point, it is still christian scripture, and expected to be followed.

When you misrepresent people and when you cherry pick from the bible then i see it as you who is dead wrong.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thank you. That is a good suggestion. I don't think He will touch me on the shoulder, but may let me know in one way or another.
Mind (thought) is powerful. We create by our mind. Why you just decreated "Jesus touching you on the shoulder?". I would never decreate any possible interaction with Jesus (using words like, I don't think He will...)

Once I had kidneystones. Fell asleep praying while crying from pain. Suddenly I woke up, I was hit with full force on my back (my whole body moved a bit). No one in the room just me. I had to go to the toiled and gravel came out.

God exists and can do anything. I would never limit God in any way. Maybe you understand now why I don't decreate being touched

Jesus walking on water, raising the dead. ... I am 100% sure this is possible; anything is possible in spirituality, science has limits, not spirituality. No Atheist can ever convince me otherwise, because I experienced things myself.

shmogie

Yet is is still in the bible and still taught... As i said

Still taught,. Whether the OT applies in the strictest sense is not the point, it is still christian scripture, and expected to be followed.

When you misrepresent people and when you cherry pick from the bible then i see it as you who is dead wrong.
None, none of the things you threw up are taught or are part of Christianity.

ChristineM

Premium Member
None, none of the things you threw up are taught or are part of Christianity.

Bullpoop

Or perhaps you are ok with christians committing genocide because god (yes, the same abrahamic god) committed genocide. Are you ok with christians committing rape and sex slavery because the christian god condoned it?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yes it is a nice fairy tale. If course it is very bad theology.

I just edited my post #(111). I made a typo error and said "The Christian is not brother to Christ". When I was meaning to say "The Christian is now brother to Christ"

In that regard, my error did create bad theology. But, I have corrected it.

Good-Ole-Rebel