• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man Unleashes Profanity-Filled Tirade Against Peaceful Satanists in MN Park"

Good-Ole-Rebel

A statement.

Well, for the Christian it is not 'or'. It is both faith and evidence. But it is not the evidence of the scientific natural world, as science cannot, and does not deal with that area. It will mock that area, but itself cannot perform in that area.

Good-Ole-Rebel

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well, for the Christian it is not 'or'. It is both faith and evidence. But it is not the evidence of the scientific natural world, as science cannot, and does not deal with that area. It will mock that area, but itself cannot perform in that area.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Your threshold of evidence must be very low. Evidence that does not exist, evidence that is unfalsifiable, evidence of dreams are not really evidence but more faith.

Science does not mock mythology, it it irrelevant to science.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Your threshold of evidence must be very low. Evidence that does not exist, evidence that is unfalsifiable, evidence of dreams are not really evidence but more faith.

Science does not mock mythology, it it irrelevant to science.

Be it low or high is unknowable to you. I have already said that it not of the natural world.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, I asked 'how do you know'? In other words, how do you know I forgot our conversation? You don't.

I treat the Bible as the Word of God which it is. Which it declares to be. Which I showed you. You whine about the context of the verses I showed you, yet you offer nothing to show that they are out of context other than you say so. That is your argument because the verses disproved your statements.

God is Spirit. Because the Bible is the Word of God, then it deals with spiritual reality. That is how I treat the Bible. I am not trying to justify my belief to you through your scientific method of evidence and proof. Such an attempt is foolish. The Bible deals with the supernatural realm.

I can declare my faith, and support my faith through the Bible. Because that is the purpose of the Bible. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)

Good-Ole-Rebel
I see that you do not understand the book that you referred to again. But I can see why you refuse to link it since it does not support you.

First off that only says that all "scripture" is God breathed. It does not say that it is true or even accurate. Second, you need to know what he was writing about. This predates the gospels. At that point there was no New Testament. It says that it is useful for instruction etc.. That means that Genesis is useful as morality tales. At best. We know the stories of it paint God as being immoral and incompetent,but those can be ignored if one looks for a lesson to the stories.

And bearing false witness against others is violating the Ninth Commandment. There is no "Lying for Jesus" escape clause.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I see that you do not understand the book that you referred to again. But I can see why you refuse to link it since it does not support you.

First off that only says that all "scripture" is God breathed. It does not say that it is true or even accurate. Second, you need to know what he was writing about. This predates the gospels. At that point there was no New Testament. It says that it is useful for instruction etc.. That means that Genesis is useful as morality tales. At best. We know the stories of it paint God as being immoral and incompetent,but those can be ignored if one looks for a lesson to the stories.

And bearing false witness against others is violating the Ninth Commandment. There is no "Lying for Jesus" escape clause.

First of all, I gave you (1 Tim. 3:16-17) here to prove my statement of the Bible's purpose. I gave it to you before, with other verses that proved the Bible claimed to be the Word of God. Context....so important.

I'm not bearing false witness.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First of all, I gave you (1 Tim. 3:16-17) here to prove my statement of the Bible's purpose. I gave it to you before, with other verses that proved the Bible claimed to be the Word of God. Context....so important.

I'm not bearing false witness.

Good-Ole-Rebel
But as I explained it did no such thing. You could not even bother to quote it because it one understands that verse what it claims is far short of your claim.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Do you want to have a discussion? By your poor standards it was already explained to you.

No, you gave no explanation why what I said, which was supported by Scripture, was bad theology. You just said it is bad theology. Which is nothing more than saying you disagree with what I showed in the Scripture. But you offer nothing to disprove my theology.

In other words, what I said is good theology. It is based upon the Bible and I supported it with Scripture references. If you are going to say it is bad theology, and I ask why, then you must prove me wrong in the Scriptures. Else all you are saying is you disagree.

So, how is what I said, bad theology?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

But as I explained it did no such thing. You could not even bother to quote it because it one understands that verse what it claims is far short of your claim.

No, you explained nothing. You claimed what I said was out of context but you will not show how it is out of context. You can't because it is not out of context. Again, I gave several verses in the New Testament, and cited the "Thus saith the Lord' in the Old Testament, which is used over and over again.

I cited (2 Tim. 3:16) this time to show the purpose of the Bible for the believer. Which it also shows.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you gave no explanation why what I said, which was supported by Scripture, was bad theology. You just said it is bad theology. Which is nothing more than saying you disagree with what I showed in the Scripture. But you offer nothing to disprove my theology.

In other words, what I said is good theology. It is based upon the Bible and I supported it with Scripture references. If you are going to say it is bad theology, and I ask why, then you must prove me wrong in the Scriptures. Else all you are saying is you disagree.

So, how is what I said, bad theology?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You mean that you did not understand the explanation. Once again, I am responding to you in the same manner that you respond to others. You have no grounds for complaint.

I offered a serious discussion, but we would both have to follow certain rules for that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you explained nothing. You claimed what I said was out of context but you will not show how it is out of context. You can't because it is not out of context. Again, I gave several verses in the New Testament, and cited the "Thus saith the Lord' in the Old Testament, which is used over and over again.

I cited (2 Tim. 3:16) this time to show the purpose of the Bible for the believer. Which it also shows.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Now you are bearing false witness again. I explained to you how you screwed up. You ignored the explanation.

That verse does not claim that the Bible is the word of God, it does not even claim that it is accurate. Why do you have so much trouble properly supporting your posts? You should have quoted it, then it might have been obvious even to you.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY, IS THIS GUY MAD, and amusing.

"For a couple of years now, a church/state separation battle has been playing out in Belle Plaine, Minnesota between local officials and The Satanic Temple. In short, a Christian monument was allowed to go up at a public park while a Satanic display was rejected. The Satanists filed a lawsuit against the city in April.

This story doesn’t involve that lawsuit, but it occurs in Belle Plaine, where people are still in anger about the Satanists (or at least the people they perceive the Satanists to be).

This past Sunday, The Satanic Temple’s Minnesota chapter was holding an ice cream social at Union Square Park, about two minutes away from the site of the controversy. As they described it, the plan was to “have some sweet treats, meet friends old and new, maybe play some board games, or play some outdoor games.” Obviously very demonic stuff.

In any case, they were minding their own damn business. But within about 15 minutes of arriving, they noticed one man just staring at them from a nearby intersection. That man eventually walked into their area, spewed profanities, and said they were “not welcome here” because they were disrespecting veterans. He didn’t seem to care that one of the Satanists said he was a veteran.

...................................................VIDEO

… You guys come down to our ****ing park, and you put your ****ing Satan… Satan Bull-****ing-**** in our ****ing veteran park… You need to get the **** outta here!… I’ll turn you ****ing down! I’ll turn your ****ing life down!… You guys are in the wrong ****ing place!… I don’t want my kids over here looking at you raising your ****ing flags, wearing your ****ing Devil ****ing costumes…

That’s the sort of rant that belongs in a YouTube comment thread, in ALL CAPS, not at a local public park where the angry guy is the only one people need to worry about.

That’s the sort of rant that belongs in a YouTube comment thread, in ALL CAPS, not at a local public park where the angry guy is the only one people need to worry about.

At least a cop was there and witnessed everything. He explained to the man that the Satanists had a right to be there… but It didn’t help. The ignorant man kept ranting. At the end of the video, he appears to walk away. But the Satanists say he only went back to his intersection where he was joined by even more people.

It wasn’t until the cops were called again that any action was taken. “Charges were pressed against the gentleman,” say the Satanists."
source
Do we dare speculate the ****ing guy is a Christian? :shrug: In any case, he does believe Satanists are against our armed services veterans because. . . . .?

But just as problematic is that the cop doesn't feel they should be there either. "Unfortunately, that's the way [indistinguishable] and they can, and have, the right to be here."

Well, that was pleasant, loving and welcoming. I bet he doesn't like them-there "Hoe-Moes" either. Or anybody else who isn't white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant (evangelical), and cisgender. And Repbublican.

He was, after all, just "speaking in tongues," being "in-sparred" by the HOE-lee Sperrit to "speak boldly."