• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loyalty to humanity first is what is needed most

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
View attachment 16095 "Let your vision be world embracing rather than confined to your own selves"

“It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world"

"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.”

“That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race.”

(Bahá’u’lláh)

If we all put humanity first, what a different world it could be. If all of us just put humanity first. That means no race, nation, religion or culture views itself as superior to any other. No secret agendas, but what is best for humanity must come first. It means we celebrate our diversity and see it as a strength. It means we don't give up our love for religion, nationality or culture but broaden our vision and widen it to accept all humanity without discrimination.

Accepting all as brothers and sisters of one human family is so liberating. To me it means the doors of universal friendship with all the peoples of the world are open. I see the atheist, the scientist, the religionists all as my family. It's a very refreshing and welcoming feeling not having to condemn and reject others or be negative.

I want to see a happy, peaceful world where people all get along and I am a great believer in the goodness of people and I'm hopeful that people will embrace this vision of love for all humanity first, so that needless suffering ends sooner.

I see the cruelty that greed and national, political & religious agendas are creating and it only makes me want to shout louder...

"WE ARE ALL ONE HUMAN FAMILY"

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I like to think similar ideals can be realised without a necessity to adhere to the doctrines of the Baha'i faith though.

No it's not necessary. All that needs to happen is for everyone to put humanity first and not their own agendas.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Such cosmopolitanism is lovely -- but unnatural. Overcoming our natural, hard-wired tribalism is difficult, especially when we feel insecure.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Such cosmopolitanism is lovely -- but unnatural. Overcoming our natural, hard-wired tribalism is difficult, especially when we feel insecure.

Thank you. It is lovely but it is possible. Now we can fly through space and communicate over great distances. Now it is possible for us to accept and overcome our barriers and prejudices that have kept us apart,through education that we are all one.

I'd say it is impossible, rather than being merely difficult.

There is no such thing as Humanity (unless we were indeed created by a God). There are simply individual humans and societies with differing and often competing aims.

I don't see the problem as being 'how can we get everyone to love each other' as this is utopianism and therefore harmful.

The problem is 'how can we live peacefully in the same world as people who we don't really like'.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I want to see a happy, peaceful world where people all get along and I am a great believer in the goodness of people and I'm hopeful that people will embrace this vision of love for all humanity first, so that needless suffering ends sooner.

I see the cruelty that greed and national, political & religious agendas are creating and it only makes me want to shout louder...

Yeah, I pretty much agree with the general sentiment here. Of course, I agreed with the sentiment expressed in John Lennon's song "Imagine."

I tend to reject religious solutions, though, since that's largely how we got into this mess in the first place. For example, you want to love all humanity, but then you mention "cruelty that greed and national, political & religious agendas are creating." However, humans create such agendas, so where does that leave us?

Having said that, one could argue that humanity has improved somewhat over the past 1000-2000 years.

But we still have enormous hurdles to overcome. Another reason I tend to reject religious solutions is that it's unfathomable that this entity called "God" would just throw humanity into a savage, inhospitable wilderness, having to scratch, claw, and struggle to survive - yet still demands that we have to follow some arbitrary set of rules. If there is a God who created the Earth, then He's really the last one to be complaining about humans who "sin." Most of human sin can be attributed to the fear that God created when he designed this place and the humans living in it. If He put us here to suffer and struggle through every day of our lives, then this is the way the world is.

But I don't accept that belief. I don't accept that this is the way the world is. Humans can change it.

Kirran

Premium Member
Okay. Now, considering humanity depends on the rest of the world to exist, what about the rest of the world?

Frankly, what is needed most is less anthropocentrism and more ecocentrism.

I thought we were all meant to be singing from the dominionist (post-)Christian hymn sheet here?

:)

TDselector

Is God an Alternative Fact?
"It means we don't give up our love for religion, nationality or culture but broaden our vision and widen it to accept all humanity without discrimination."

This statement appears to be a prime example of burning a candle from both ends.

Kirran

Premium Member
I really don't care about humans that much and dislike many of them, and despise some of them. So this is garbage, to me.

What about cats? If we preserve humans, we also preserve their large dependent population of cats.

home-cat.jpg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
View attachment 16095 "Let your vision be world embracing rather than confined to your own selves"

“It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world"

"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.”

“That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race.”

(Bahá’u’lláh)

If we all put humanity first, what a different world it could be. If all of us just put humanity first. That means no race, nation, religion or culture views itself as superior to any other. No secret agendas, but what is best for humanity must come first. It means we celebrate our diversity and see it as a strength. It means we don't give up our love for religion, nationality or culture but broaden our vision and widen it to accept all humanity without discrimination.

Accepting all as brothers and sisters of one human family is so liberating. To me it means the doors of universal friendship with all the peoples of the world are open. I see the atheist, the scientist, the religionists all as my family. It's a very refreshing and welcoming feeling not having to condemn and reject others or be negative.

We may be one big family but it is a fractured highly dysfunctional "family", at best. The thing is, I genuinely believe that people need to suffer, so that they pay attention and learn from their mistakes. I also believe that the vast majority of human animals are inherently good, but I cannot ignore those who are not working on the same page as I am. So, no, I won't be joining the starry-eyed Kumbaya nonsense any time soon. And no, it wouldn't occur to me to take pointers from members of the Bahai faith on how to achieve this LalaLand.