• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love and Emotional Evolution

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Emotions, Trust and Compassion belong to a lot of living things, I've had many pets that I loved and was loved it return. But If I caged them, starved them or constantly beat them they would no longer love me. For that matter no animal loves unconditionally and with animals trust must always be built up first.
hate doesn't attract; in fact, as you so clearly noted it creates avoidance.

so hatred is a poison that eventually destroys itself as it destroys that which surrounds it.

the harder the self tries to maintains the illusion of us vs them, the closer to self-destruction it becomes.

we may physically control something, but you can never really control the mind and emotional state of another.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
hate doesn't attract; in fact, as you so clearly noted it creates avoidance.

so hatred is a poison that eventually destroys itself as it destroys that which surrounds it.

the harder the self tries to maintains the illusion of us vs them, the closer to self-destruction it becomes.

we may physically control something, but you can never really control the mind and emotional state of another.

I am not discussing hatred, I am giving the requirements of love and they aren't unconditional and never will be.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I am not discussing hatred, I am giving the requirements of love and they aren't unconditional and never will be.

here you explicitly use an analogy of hatred in post #40; which repulses the other as self.

"But If I caged them, starved them or constantly beat them they would no longer love me."

the mind is unconditional in its initial state except for subconscious influences from other incarnations.

you explicitly stated that conditioning a mind with negative influences has negative consequences.

if the mind becomes unconditonal with love then that mind is returning to it's original state; which is love. the unconditional newborn does not recognize the illusion of differences within, or without, as separate from self until it is a few months old.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
here you explicitly use an analogy of hatred in post #40; which repulses the other as self.

"But If I caged them, starved them or constantly beat them they would no longer love me."

the mind is unconditional in its initial state except for subconscious influences from other incarnations.

you explicitly stated that conditioning a mind with negative influences has negative consequences.

if the mind becomes unconditonal with love then that mind is returning to it's original state; which is love. the unconditional newborn does not recognize the illusion of differences within, or without, as separate from self until it is a few months old.

Not at all I said they wouldn't love me. Animals are very different then human's with love and treatment. As long as they saw me as the Alpha they would not hate me.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not at all I said they wouldn't love me. Animals are very different then human's with love and treatment. As long as they saw me as the Alpha they would not hate me.

you showed how your actions would effect the animals. you lost focus on how self created that state. we are not responsible for another's actions, unless seeing an act of hatred and not trying to neutralize it. unconditional love doesn't create hierarchies, powers, dominions, difference. unconditional love makes all as ONE. this is what the name of names implies; that the form isn't relevant but the action is.

stupid is as stupid does

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Animals, including us evolve to either become more efficient killing machines or to evade those effieceint killing machine, we don't evolve to become cartoon rainbow ponies

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Animals, including us evolve to either become more efficient killing machines or to evade those effieceint killing machine, we don't evolve to become cartoon rainbow ponies

no one in this thread, with the exception of you, suggested that people become rainbow ponies.

humans operate holding facilities for those who become abusive to others or abusive to themselves. we called them prisons and phsychiatric facilities. some of us hope that correction is possible. some of us do that also for other species that are unwell.

lower animals, lower vibrating humans, don't do that.

but now we know the weak are meat and the strong do eat.