• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love and Emotional Evolution

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
as a species, or intelligent thing, evolves would it evolve emotionally towards unconditional love ultimately?

David T

Premium Member
as a species, or intelligent thing, evolves would it evolve emotionally towards unconditional love ultimately?
No dont be stupid. Just discovering whats already there and ignored is all. Sort of like saying do evolve to actually understamd jesus! Hell it was written 2,000 years ago. So between there and here is just stupid talking to stupid mostly as far as i can tell. I would never say evolve towards it but i will say stop being stupid evolve.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Namaste

Yes. That is the highest ideal, and the direction in which spiritual evolution takes place. At least we know which direction to walk in.

------------------
Speaking of animals, wild animals like lions, tigers become passive and peaceful, even loving, act like pet puppies in presence of some saints.

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
I have read that in historical or biographical anecdotes of a few Hindu saints
1. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (a.k.a. GaurAnga, Gaurasundara, Nimai - for google help)
2. NRsiMha Saraswati
3. Some other Yogis who meditated in caves
Anecdotes aren't proof.

Neutral Name

Perhaps because what IS happening may not necessarily be 100% evolution? From spiritual perspective, it could be part-devolution. This is Kali Yug (era of some good some bad).

Yes, I do believe in devolution. Several civilizations have gone through it.

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
If you make a claim, you are kind of obligated to provide evidence or wear the Scarlet B
I told you where I read that, It was an honest and friendly post but if you do not respect the quoted texts then it is a waste of my time.
---
There are numerous examples from ancient times that saints radiate positive feelings of love, safety, compassion that affect wild animals. So many siddha yogis tamed or subdued the wild. Some of these texts are not translated in English.

I am putting a few quotes form Chaitanya CharitrAmrita:

CC Madhya 17.24 — The Lord abandoned walking on the well-known public road and went instead along a bypass. He thus kept the city of Kaṭaka on His right as He entered the forest.
CC Madhya 17.25 — When the Lord passed through the solitary forest chanting the holy name of Kṛṣṇa, the tigers and elephants, seeing Him, gave way.
CC Madhya 17.26 — When the Lord passed through the jungle in great ecstasy, packs of tigers, elephants, rhinoceros and boars came, and the Lord passed right through them.
CC Madhya 17.27 — Balabhadra Bhaṭṭācārya was very much afraid to see them, but by Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu’s influence, all the animals stood to one side.
CC Madhya 17.28 — One day a tiger was lying on the path, and Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu, walking along the path in ecstatic love, touched the tiger with His feet......

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

I told you where I read that, It was an honest and friendly post. What do you want me to do? Bring the quotes? Please let me know if that would be proof enough for you, in that case I will. Otherwise it is a waste of my time.
That FYI-statement was not meant for you.
Need I remind you that this is a debate thread and not your safe space or echo chamber

The Reverend Bob

Please take a look - I have added some quotes.
Religious text have no value as evidence unless you can prove that the contents have historicity. Do you have any photos, film or any other solid evidence that "saints" can turn lions, tigers and bears into puppies?