• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like Americans go against the war with Iran

Heyo

Veteran Member
War is good for a lot of different businesses.
War is bad for a lot of different businesses.
The question is, which of the two businesses are the ones making the decisions involved with?
For the US it has been the military industrial complex ever since WWII. They have siphoned trillions of $ from the US taxpayers and the taxpayers have cheered along. But when the rich don't have to pay taxes any more and the poor don't have money left and the middle class is vanishing, even the US may learn that war is too expensive.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It also, when unavoidable, ends it.

Nobody honors the Japanese more than I do; they are courageous, honorable....and if we hadn't dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they WOULD have fought to the very bitter end, and far, FAR more people would have died.

As horrific a choice as that was (a choice that we have never made since and probably never will make again, because unlike others, we KNOW what the results are), it saved more lives than it took. the war....ended, right then and right there.

I wish we hadn't had to do that. However, I can tell you that had we not, my father would most probably have been killed, Japan would eventually have been utterly destroyed, and the Japanese culture utterly wiped out. I've done a lot of research about this, weighing one thing over the other, listening to Japanese historians and warriors who told me...and wrote down...what their plans were.

Were you aware that every Japanese family buried their most precious belongings in ceramic jars in their yards, because they absolutely figured that they would die fighting American 'invaders,' down to the last child?

You don't believe that? Would you care to examine what happened in Saipain, where thousands of Japanese jumped off the cliffs to avoid capture by the US forces.....and the comments about them by the Japanese were: "the pride of Japanese women?" There was, and is, no 'give' in the Japanese. I'm not sure we wouldn't have lost millions of people without showing them that there was no dishonor in bowing to a force they simply COULD NOT battle. We could simply wipe them out without losing a single American life. It took that level of force to convince them that peace was a better option than fighting to the very bitter, bitter end.

So now we are determined that Iran CANNOT wipe Israel (or American or European cities) off the map for no reason except that they want to. If Iran is allowed to do this, Israel WILL be targeted with nuclear weapons. So will anybody in the middle east that opposes them. So will any place in Europe they don't approve of, and absolutely the US will be.

that's not fear mongering. Their leaders have very proudly proclaimed that this is their goal, period.

So if we can stop it by some means short of nuking them, we must.

Unless, of course, someone else does it.
You still stuck in the past?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Tell you what.

YOU people handle the situation, if you don't want the US to do so. All you have to do is fix it so that terrorists can't fly planes into buildings, attack ambassadors from other nations, behead citizens of other nations...you know. like that. Until you do that, don't yell at us because we actually attempt to do something about it.

Whether we do it 'right,' or make the correct decisions or not, at least we are doing something.

Watch the whole thing. It's a lesson in the recent history of the middle east.

Shad

Veteran Member
Anti-War Protests Form In Downtown Boston After Killing Of Iranian General
Protesters in US Rally Against Prospect of War With Iran

It seems like More and more Americans have gotten enough of wars with the middle east.
Demonstrations in many American cities

There is no war so they are demonstrating against something that has not happened. Most of their arguments are nonsense anyways. They call the action illegal but can not state a single law demonstrating it was illegal. TDS on display.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is no war so they are demonstrating against something that has not happened.
They demonstrate to NOT go to war, And America DID attack Iran and Iraq with bombs.
People are sick and tired of America going to war in the middle east. Sick and tired America think they are better than anybody else. America does not rule in the Middle east. American government ONLY rules within American borders.

Shad

Veteran Member
They demonstrate to NOT go to war,

This is an assumption that war is the goal.

And America DID attack Iran and Iraq with bombs.

Which are justified.

People are sick and tired of America going to war in the middle east.

Nope as one of the groups is against war in general not any specific war.

Sick and tired America think they are better than anybody else.

This has nothing to do with Iran. It is just people being angry over a fallacy.

America does not rule in the Middle east. American government ONLY rules within American borders.

Irrelevant point and a strawman.

Like I said nonsensical babble pretending to be arguments.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is an assumption that war is the goal.

Which are justified.

Nope as one of the groups is against war in general not any specific war.

This has nothing to do with Iran. It is just people being angry over a fallacy.

Irrelevant point and a strawman.

Like I said nonsensical babble pretending to be arguments.
War is NEVER justified.
Does it matter what war it is? People are tired of America's war.
It has nothing to do with Iran? UMMM Hello earth calling. AMERICA just killed an Iranian military, Major. Yes, it has to do with Iran.
Strawman? America has only authority within their own borders. Don't try to avoid the responsibility that America does a lot of damage to the world with all the wars

Shad

Veteran Member
War is NEVER justified.

Wrong.

Does it matter what war it is? People are tired of America's war.

A few protestors are.

It has nothing to do with Iran? UMMM Hello earth calling.

As per what I replied to it has nothing to do with Iran.

AMERICA just killed an Iranian military, Major. Yes, it has to do with Iran.

Read my post and try again. Actually read it this time.

Strawman?

Yes as no one is claiming the US rules the ME. Try again.

America has only authority within their own borders.

Actually it has more than that. It has authority to seize vessels in international waters. See; Somalia pirates.

Don't try to avoid the responsibility that America does a lot of damage to the world with all the wars

Likewise do not ignore Iran's own actions in this mess. Also lets not ignore places in which wars have improved the situation. Korea, WW2 ring a bell? Do you think Iraq is better off with Saddam still in change? Your hatred of the US has been noted.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Wrong.

A few protestors are.

As per what I replied to it has nothing to do with Iran.

Read my post and try again. Actually read it this time.

Yes as no one is claiming the US rules the ME. Try again.

Actually it has more than that. It has authority to seize vessels in international waters. See; Somalia pirates.

Likewise do not ignore Iran's own actions in this mess. Also lets not ignore places in which wars have improved the situation. Korea, WW2 ring a bell? Do you think Iraq is better off with Saddam still in change? Your hatred of the US has been noted.
I do not hate America, Actually, I don't hate any country in the world.
I do not hate human beings, But I do disagree with how America is treating other nations.
I do disagree with how Iran and many other middle east countries treat their own people. But I don't go to war because of it.

When it comes to WW2 I was not born then, so it is not of my concern what America did or did not do at that time. I live now from 1977 until today 2020 this is the time I do think of like my current lifetime. What happened before that I do not have any control over

Shad

Veteran Member
I do not hate America, Actually, I don't hate any country in the world.

I doubt that as your criticism is one sided.

I do not hate human beings, But I do disagree with how America is treating other nations.

Yet nothing about how Iran treaties other nations?

I do disagree with how Iran and many other middle east countries treat their own people. But I don't go to war because of it.

That is because you run from conflict and always will. Your ideology has created a mind-trap which has limited your options besides tucking tail.

When it comes to WW2 I was not born then, so it is not of my concern what America did or did not do at that time. I live now from 1977 until today 2020 this is the time I do think of like my current lifetime. What happened before that I do not have any control over

Irrelevant. You made a false point. I corrected you

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I doubt that as your criticism is one sided.

Yet nothing about how Iran treaties other nations?

That is because you run from conflict and always will. Your ideology has created a mind-trap which has limited your options besides tucking tail.

Irrelevant. You made a false point. I corrected you
No need to continue discussing with you, because all you say is "you are always correct, nobody else understands the world and nobody will understand except for you self" So from now no need to discuss with you

Shad

Veteran Member
No need to continue discussing with you, because all you say is "you are always correct, nobody else understands the world and nobody will understand except for you self" So from now no need to discuss with you

You made grand claims. I pointed out the flaws in your claims. Now you retreat after being refuted. Yawn. You failed to demonstrate I was wrong so this is just whining because you do not like being corrected.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
If one is bombing, 'faith, hope and love' generally have nothing to do with it. I don't know where you got that one. But if we bomb someone, it's not because we love them. We MIGHT do it in the faith and hope that it will stop them from doing something else heinous.

It's calling attention to your avatar. Can someone believe in faith, hope, and love and also believe that bombing people to "do the whole job" is a virtuous course of action? That belief in faith, hope, and love would have to be limited.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Trump will change his mind too as soon Iran actually do something to America i would guess.
But i hope Iran actually does not lift a finger, because it will make Trump look foolish (again)

Do you even read what you post?

shmogie

I a
The depth and insight of your analysis is an inspiration to us all.
Tom
I am happy that you found my analysis both accurate and insightful. Further, I appreciate your recognition of the fact that the depth of my analysis is commensurate with the depth of your OP.

Audie

Veteran Member
Tell you what.

YOU people handle the situation, if you don't want the US to do so. All you have to do is fix it so that terrorists can't fly planes into buildings, attack ambassadors from other nations, behead citizens of other nations...you know. like that. Until you do that, don't yell at us because we actually attempt to do something about it.

Whether we do it 'right,' or make the correct decisions or not, at least we are doing something.

Tiny weak countries like Norway, and
more so still the weak fairies who
talk non violence no matter what are
safe being what they are only under the
umbrella of American protection.

shmogie

Perhaps they don't get involved in fixing it because they weren't involved in breaking it?
Ah, but they are involved. The oil tankers that Iran captured in the open sea were most likely carrying oil for Europe. The Saudi oil processing facilities Iran attacked was producing a high percentage of it's oil for Europe.

The United States has reached the point where we are independent of foreign oil. We are self sufficient. We don't need middle eastern oil.

The Europeans have been quite happy for the US to defend it's oil routes and oil supply.

If it were not for the US in the middle east, God only knows what amount of oil they would receive, or what prices they would be paying.

With the penchant middle eastern muslims have for fighting and killing one another, one can only imagine what the middle east would look like.