• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like Americans go against the war with Iran

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As far as I know none. The only processes so far have been a form of prospecting and bids for development.

My point was information.
Hmmm....for a country who allegedly wages war
for profit, we're the most incompetent in history.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The incorrect assumption underlying this is that the USA is a monolithic group, were everyone shares equally the costs and benefits of our military adventures. You're completely ignoring the huge and growing disparity between the elite and the rest of us.
The elite, the 1%, are far more able to both benefit from the investment opportunities, while also shifting the costs(both in blood and treasure) to the rest of us. So, the people who can well afford lobbyists and campaign contributions and post-office positions on corporate boards and all those many ways of buying the government, want the wars.

And it doesn't matter what us little people think about anything.

Now, our top war maker doesn't even pretend to be above board. He hides his personal interests in global events, and obstructs efforts to find out what they are.

Case in point. Trump has convinced a sizable percentage of Americans that conflict with Iran and Iraq is a good thing.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member

That was never my claim.

The US does have an interest in oil as it's currency is the petrol dollar. It does not want another 70s oil crisis.

Shad

Veteran Member
So are we fomenting violence in order to ensure the oil flows?

No as Iranian oil has not been flowing in the open market for decades.

My point is that the US does consider the oil trade as part or in consideration of it's national policies. Hence why the US has an USN battle-group near the Gulf for decades. To maintain the shipping lanes from the Gulf which is an oil route beyond any normal material trade lane like those between say the US and China.