• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like Americans go against the war with Iran

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is the difference between shooting someone and shooting at someone.
Doesn't matter how many rounds you loose on someone, if you do not hit them, you did not shoot them.
I sorta gathered that.
But the significance escapes me because shooting at someone is pretty darn dangerous.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I wonder just who has moral authority as well. I'd like to meet them myself.
It could be argued that moral authority is the foundation of all authority, as it is how we establish whether something is right or righteous or not. If it has gotten to the point where no one has moral authority, then the world is in a terrible state indeed.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Do you have something to say in rebuttal or not? Because you're about to go on ignore. Too much trolling in this thread.
I said your claim is bold and empty.
You have presented absolutely nothing to show that it is anything else.

ignoring it does not change the fact that the status of your claim is bold and empty.

McBell

I sorta gathered that.
But the significance escapes me because shooting at someone is pretty darn dangerous.
Beyond the obvious, I have no idea what the other poster was getting at.
I suspect they are pointing out the difference between "did" and "almost did".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Beyond the obvious, I have no idea what the other poster was getting at.
I suspect they are pointing out the difference between "did" and "almost did".
Looking at the record of MAAD from the standpoint
of actual nuclear weapon use, it's perfectly safe.
Looking at the following list, it's perfectly dangerous...
List of nuclear close calls - Wikipedia

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'm talking about people who accuse anyone critical of the Israeli government of being antisemite, along with those who blame any and all Jewish people for the things the Israeli government does. It's racecard bull****.

Not my fault they dug up old Jewish tropes in their Trump hate tantrums.

McBell

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I said your claim is bold and empty.
You have presented absolutely nothing to show that it is anything else.

ignoring it does not change the fact that the status of your claim is bold and empty.
What claim? That the US has no moral authority to police other countries when it comes to nuclear weapons? You haven't shown how it's "bold and empty". You just spout one liners and think you're witty.

McBell

What claim? That the US has no moral authority to police other countries when it comes to nuclear weapons? You haven't shown how it's "bold and empty". You just spout one liners and think you're witty.
You should pay better attention to the conversations you are involved

Says people with a conscience, a disdain for hypocrisy and historical memory.
Bold empty claim.
However, you bring up a good point that your original claim that America has no moral authority is also a bold empty claim.
But one bold empty claim at a time.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You should pay better attention to the conversations you are involved

However, you bring up a good point that your original claim that America has no moral authority is also a bold empty claim.
But one bold empty claim at a time.
So you still have nothing to really say. *Clicks ignore*. Like I said, too much trolling in this thread.

McBell

War is bad for business unless your business is weapons.
War is good for a lot of different businesses.
War is bad for a lot of different businesses.
The question is, which of the two businesses are the ones making the decisions involved with?

Heyo

Veteran Member
That would take us all the way back to the Pax Romana!
Yeah, that didn't really work out for the Romans and surely doesn't work for the Ameristanies. People tend to dislike an enforced "peace" that is built on the occupation of their country.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It isn't. Yet it's because of war there are relatively stable periods of time
I wish Norway pull out of Nato, Because the only reason i can see we still in it, is because Norwegian politicians are afraid of the American President (far back in time too) They lack balls to say NO.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I know of at least one Irani terrorist leader that just recently had his mind changed.
Trump will change his mind too as soon Iran actually do something to America i would guess.
But i hope Iran actually does not lift a finger, because it will make Trump look foolish (again)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You, and of course they are infected with TDS. You nor they understand that the first act of the new muslim republic of iran was an act of war against the USA in 1979.
You, nor they realize that iran has committed hundreds of violent acts against the US since 1979, including murders of civilians.
Smoking this iranian general was akin to killing a cockroach.
There will be no conventional war with Iran. There will not be troops committed to invade iran.
Our navy and air force can deal with the next iranian provocation, then the next, then the next till iranian citizens throw out the mad mullahs.
We are a nation of 320 million people. How many are in these demonstrations that you are so exited about ?
Did i say i was on Irans side? Did i say i was on Middle east side when it comes to war? No i did not.
What i say is "it seem like Americans go against the war in Iran" meaning civilians in America demostrate there.
It is you who made the conclution i was on Irans side.

But what i can say is i am against war in general

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Tell you what.

YOU people handle the situation, if you don't want the US to do so. All you have to do is fix it so that terrorists can't fly planes into buildings, attack ambassadors from other nations, behead citizens of other nations...you know. like that. Until you do that, don't yell at us because we actually attempt to do something about it.

Whether we do it 'right,' or make the correct decisions or not, at least we are doing something.
Are you stuck in 2001 still? Yes, it was wrong of those who did the 2001 attack, no doubt about that.
But to me, it looks like the American military goes from country to country in the Middle east to look for more trouble so they can continue having a war.
As you maybe know, I have no intention of killing people, and i have no enemies, it is America who creates their own enemies, Not Europe.
If I could tell all military troops, you fix the middle east by pulling out, and they did it Yes then I would fix the problems, But the people behind the scene (business) would not want the war to end.