• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Long read: dangers of a one-party system

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't need no steenk'n long read to know that
a 1 party system is terrible. (Have family from
China. Woodah thunk that eating rats & bugs
would be necessary to survive, eh.)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
This is a long read, but it made me think about the way some Republicans don't seem to think that Democrats have a right to exist, and engage in worshipping a cult of personality (Trump). The "party" can become quite oppressive when it slides into totalitarianism. It could happen here.

How I survived a Chinese 're-education' camp for Uighurs
A terrible account.
This is easy for me to say...but given what we know about "re-education" the proverbial wild horses wouldn't have got me to go back. I'd want my pension from the company, but not at any price.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A single political party doesn't work for the same reasons a single religion doesn't work.

Monopolies inevitably lead to corruption and oppression. Monopolies inevitably fail to meet the needs of a changing world and diverse groups. Monopolies inevitably fall to human creativity and self-determination. Monopoly claims of certainty (one true wayism) inevitably come up short.