• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living Vs. Nonliving and Visible Vs. Invisible. Classification.

questfortruth

Living visible matter - animals, plants.
Nonliving visible matter - stones.

Living invisible matter - soul, angels.
Nonliving invisible matter - Dark Matter, Dark Energy.

Objection: "Dark Matter is visible via Gravitational Interaction"

Dark matter is invisible because it does not emit or absorb light. Light passes through the Dark Matter cloud without any difficulty, without losses, without heating the cloud. Mathematical theory: Gravity Law Without Universalism is Solving Many Tasks, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2007.0112

Objection: "stones are alive."

Didn't they explain to us in the preschool class that there is a living matter and non-living matter?

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member

Objection: "Dark Matter is visible via Gravitational Interaction"

Dark matter is invisible because it does not emit or absorb light. Light passes through the Dark Matter cloud without any difficulty, without losses, without heating the cloud. Mathematical theory: Gravity Law Without Universalism is Solving Many Tasks, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2007.0112

Didn't they explain to us in the preschool class that there is a living matter and inanimate matter?

I was watching a TV show about the search for life in the universe and one searcher said that they were looking for DNA because only life can build DNA.
It seemed to me that the watchmaker argument for the existence of God had been stolen and now it shows the existence of life.
Interestingly what life is, is not known and seems to be described only by it's effects in science.
Science has forgotten what I learned in school, that life can only come from pre existing life. What life probably originally came from these days is really Chemistry and the laws of physics,,,,,,,,,,,,wherever they came from.
I'm still working on the chain of thought.
I don't know if all this fits in with your post very well but I have been thinking about it and needed somewhere to let it out and your post seemed to be vaguely related and to be an opportunity.:)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

The line between living and non-living is hazy and a matter of convention. Is a virus living or non-living?

"Viruses are considered by some biologists to be a life form, because they carry genetic material, reproduce, and evolve through natural selection, although they lack the key characteristics such as cell structure that are generally considered necessary criteria for life." Virus - Wikipedia

Like Altfish said, I do not accept God, soul, angels or Satan. I am an atheist.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Living invisible matter - soul, angels

Eh? Ghosts, spooks, ghouls.

Evidence required before making scientific dictates

Dark Matter is visible via Gravitational Interaction"

So are other things, hidden galaxies for example

Seems like a major jump of faith here, again unevidenced

Didn't they explain to us in the preschool class that there is a living matter and inanimate matter?

And didn't your teacher explain the difference? Or were you away from class that day?

questfortruth

Eh? Ghosts, spooks, ghouls.

The atheism needs evidence, not theism. Because the state of Europe in the Middle Ages was Eastern Orthodox Christianity. And nobody has given sufficient reason to change the Status Quo. It was the coup: the brutal force during the France Great Revolution, and not the mind of a Philosopher, which brought here the atheism.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The atheism needs evidence, not theism. Because the state of Europe in the Middle Ages was Eastern Orthodox Christianity. And nobody has given sufficient reason to change the Status Quo. It was the coup: the brutal force during the France Great Revolution, and not the mind of a Philosopher, which brought here the atheism.

It is not atheism making the claims it is simply following the evidence (or complete lack of it)

It is you making scientific claims (or more precisely, making nonsensical claims hidden behind pseudo science)

So now you have tried and failed to deflect fro3m the facts, i will repeat.

If you can't provide evidence of souls or angels to back up your scientific claim then your paper is not worth the paper it is written on

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was watching a TV show about the search for life in the universe and one searcher said that they were looking for DNA because only life can build DNA.
It seemed to me that the watchmaker argument for the existence of God had been stolen and now it shows the existence of life.
Interestingly what life is, is not known and seems to be described only by it's effects in science.
Science has forgotten what I learned in school, that life can only come from pre existing life. What life probably originally came from these days is really Chemistry and the laws of physics,,,,,,,,,,,,wherever they came from.
I'm still working on the chain of thought.
I don't know if all this fits in with your post very well but I have been thinking about it and needed somewhere to let it out and your post seemed to be vaguely related and to be an opportunity.:)
Actually I have difficulty believing you ever learned in school that life can only come from pre-existing life. Nobody teaches that, as it is a fairly meaningless statement with little science in it. Leaving the obvious issue of abiogenesis aside for a moment, is a fungal or bacterial spore "alive"? The whole concept of what is living is actually quite difficult to pin down scientifically.

In my experience, the only people who solemnly intone that life can only come from life are creationists, generally taking out of context Pasteur's arguments against the early c.19th theory of "spontaneous generation", which is a different thing entirely.

Since the evidence indicates that the Earth formed from sterile matter, yet now there is life, the only possible scientific explanations for that change are that either it arose as you say, from chemistry on the early Earth, or else it came from space in some manner (the panspermia hypothesis). This is a hot topic of research, naturally, but very difficult due to the lack of physical evidence in the rocks from so long ago.

PureX

Veteran Member
Life seems to be differentiated from non-life mainly by it's ability to self-replicate. This will become somewhat problematic when we create machines that can self-replicate. But for now, we can hold onto that definition.

Matter is something we understand even less. Ultimately, it is a grand categorical expression of energy. But we still don't know what energy is, or what governs how it can or cannot be expressed.

"Visibility" doesn't seem, to me, to be applicable, here.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Life seems to be differentiated from non-life mainly by it's ability to self-replicate. This will become somewhat problematic when we create machines that can self-replicate. But for now, we can hold onto that definition.

Matter is something we understand even less. Ultimately, it is a grand categorical expression of energy. But we still don't know what energy is, or what governs how it can or cannot be expressed.

"Visibility" doesn't seem, to me, to be applicable, here.
I have difficulty with the idea that matter is an expression of energy. Energy of what? Energy is not stuff. It is a property of a physical system. No system, no energy.