• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liar, Liar, Pants on $1 Billion Fire!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Live Updates: Alex Jones Ordered to Pay Sandy Hook Victims’ Families Nearly $1 Billion

Alex Jones and Infowars’ parent company, Free Speech Systems, must pay over $1 billion family members of eight victims of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and an F.B.I. agent who responded to the scene of the 2012 massacre, which killed 20 first graders and six educators.

Mr. Jones had been found liable for defamation after he spent years falsely describing the shooting as a hoax and accusing the victims’ families of being actors complicit in the plot. As a result, the families were threatened in person and online. He used his Infowars platform to spread these lies.​

Chickens are coming home to roost.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Good!

Although did you see his latest interviews? Someone’s trying to pull the “I’m crazy” card lol

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What he's trying to plead insanity? Well, Jeff Dahmer was insane too. Doesn't mean he didn't commit horrific crimes. I hope this wipes him out and that's the end of him. Next up, his buddy Donald.
I was being a little tongue in cheek. I was referring to his outlandish behaviour in said interviews. The common joke is that he’s trying to make out that he’s insane to try to make such a plea. Though it honesty wouldn’t surprise me if he actually tried that for real. Alex Jones is scum, imo

We Never Know

No Slack
Live Updates: Alex Jones Ordered to Pay Sandy Hook Victims’ Families Nearly $1 Billion

Alex Jones and Infowars’ parent company, Free Speech Systems, must pay over $1 billion family members of eight victims of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and an F.B.I. agent who responded to the scene of the 2012 massacre, which killed 20 first graders and six educators.

Mr. Jones had been found liable for defamation after he spent years falsely describing the shooting as a hoax and accusing the victims’ families of being actors complicit in the plot. As a result, the families were threatened in person and online. He used his Infowars platform to spread these lies.​

Being his net worth is said to be 10th that good luck on them collecting.

Viker

Häxan

Finally, some justice has returned to America.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
by who?

I have to agree that they probably won't collect anywhere near the total sum (unfortunately). But these kind of judgments are good for 10 years, and can be extended by the court. And declaring bankruptcy doesn't discharge it either.

Jones if going to be paying a lot for a long time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Alex Jones and Infowars’ parent company, Free Speech Systems, must pay over $1 billion family members of eight victims of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and an F.B.I. agent who responded to defamation awards the scene of the 2012 massacre, which killed 20 first graders and six educators.

Didn't know defamation awards were subject to modern day inflation.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
by who?

I have to agree that they probably won't collect anywhere near the total sum (unfortunately). But these kind of judgments are good for 10 years, and can be extended by the court. And declaring bankruptcy doesn't discharge it either.

Jones if going to be paying a lot for a long time.
From what I understand, Jones will appeal the verdict.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You know, the thing I simply cannot understand is how a person with even slightly impaired cognition, can actually believe the things that Jones claims to believe. And apparently, the jury couldn't understand it either.

What do we do? Assume that he is merely an idiot and thus not accountable for what he has said? But if we assume he's an idiot, how do we account for his tremendous success and wealth?

But in the meantime, he accused a man who lost his child to a murderer of being "nothing but an actor." Does that man have no recourse for such infamy? And there are (as the trial showed) lots and lots of such stories.

My own view is simple: this man was using his connection to his audience to promote ridiculous conspiracy theories that raised him lots and lots of lovely money. And he was doing it at the expense -- at the bitterly painful expense of bereaved parents and loved ones -- without the tiniest concern for what he was costing them.

I therefore have nothing but praise for the jury that assigned some of that COST to him.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Aw, that feels good. That's a victory for the human race right there.

I wonder if any of the people who lapped all that filth up are feeling sick to the bone with themselves yet?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Didn't know defamation awards were subject to modern day inflation.
Inflation has nothing to do with this. It's comeuppance. Pure and simple. Lies come with a price tag. Constant incessant damaging lies, come with bigger price tags. He deserves what he got. Reaping what he sowed.

Don't tell me you feel sorry for him. What about his victims? Nothing? Doesn't matter to you? If not, then I think you miss the point of why laws exist.