• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Only: Sacred Geometry

Eni Alihm

It has? Amazing! When?
Obviously when you decided to change it to what you understand it defined as.

Sacred geometry is the geometry used in the planning and construction of religious structures such as churches, temples, mosques, religious monuments, altars, tabernacles; as well as for sacred spaces such as temenoi, sacred groves, village greens and holy wells, and the creation of religious art. In sacred geometry, symbolic and sacred meanings are ascribed to certain geometric shapes and certain geometric proportions.

According to Paul Calter:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_geometry#cite_note-0
In the ancient world certain numbers had symbolic meaning, aside from their ordinary use for counting or calculating ... plane figures, the polygons, triangles, squares, hexagons, and so forth, were related to the numbers (three and the triangle, for example), were thought of in a similar way, and in fact, carried even more emotional value than the numbers themselves, because they were visual.
**If this is not the definition please define it, so that the discussion can take place.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Wow, this is just from the first page!!!

I am looking at this topic from a more matured and intellectual aspect these days. No denying that nature follows patterns, personally I love the golden ratio (phi) the most, plus it ties to the fibanocci sequence. But sacred geometry as a whole, the flower of life, metatron's cube, all the stupid **** people name these things, how valid are these theories? Are they falsifiable? If not, they no way imply God but rather just something fundamental, a concept that is very logical.

I noticed that the "flower of life" design is quite interesting. You can fit any shape into a circle, get many things including pi and phi from a circle (or shape in a circle), things like that. Then I wondered if this pattern is just a perfectly crafted human concept, or perhaps a perfectly crafted human discovery. I also have seen that the pattern is all around the ancient world and seen picture of such, but I wonder if anyone can validate these occurances?

Sadly I cannot find much more than connecting the dots. The "flower of life" pattern is really nothing more than circles, from circles we get Pi (infinite number), we can draw a perfect pentagram in it and get the golden ratio, golden triangle, golden rectangle, etc which then ties to the Fibonacci sequence (infinite), really get any shape, ratio, etc out of it including the normal and unicursal hexagram, kabbalistic tree of life, "metatron's cube" which I suggest researching even though it's got a new agey spin... it really freaks me out. Now, people use this for all kinds of nonsense; proof of ID, infinite love, pure fundamental consciousness, etc. Really all that it shows is that something is likely fundamental (which is logically true anyways) and that all of reality as a whole mechanically and deterministically follows patterns, which is not pseuoscientific at all.

Premium Member
I'm debating its worth at the moment.
:eek: you mean you are considering the worth of reading a thread on a falsified concept after storming in amd throwing around massive amounts of insults without even knowing what was being discussed?! Good idea.

Eni Alihm

:eek: you mean you are considering the worth of reading a thread on a falsified concept after storming in amd throwing around massive amounts of insults without even knowing what was being discussed?! Good idea.
I already clearly explained that I came in at the music discussion, it was you and your attacks on my religious beliefs that initially instigated everything.

I admit I made a confusing post eventually, but before the storm, what I was saying was relevant and didn't warrant any attacks (which I see you gearing up for again).

Premium Member
Alright, Sacred Geometry is a concept that claims to be old, whether it is or not is debatable. It seems to be based off a pattern supposedly found throughout the old world now called the "flower of life". It is viewed different ways including how the creator made the universe. Starting with two points you make a circle, which in the third dimension makes a sphere. Next, you put six more spheres around it to make what is called "the seed of life. the next step is the flower of life, then I forget the next one, but the pattern goes on infinitely. From this pattern we get another shape called "metatron's cube" which contains the platonic solids. The idea is that this is the fundamental pattern underlying all reality, but it falls apart at the platonic solids since their importance is highly over exaggerated. The universe is not made of platonic solids, therefore the pattern is not fundamental, therefore Sacred Geometry is simply beautiful art.

Jesus Christ, you can type in "Sacred Geometry" on youtube and find hours of videos explaining the concepts, it really is not that hard.

As for the thread, I am satisfied that there is nothing more to the concepts than beautiful art.

Premium Member
I admit I made a confusing post eventually, but before the storm, what I was saying was relevant and didn't warrant any attacks (which I see you gearing up for again).

Uh, I'm not but that's ok. :facepalm:

jasonwill2

Alright, Sacred Geometry is a concept that claims to be old, whether it is or not is debatable. It seems to be based off a pattern supposedly found throughout the old world now called the "flower of life". It is viewed different ways including how the creator made the universe. Starting with two points you make a circle, which in the third dimension makes a sphere. Next, you put six more spheres around it to make what is called "the seed of life. the next step is the flower of life, then I forget the next one, but the pattern goes on infinitely. From this pattern we get another shape called "metatron's cube" which contains the platonic solids. The idea is that this is the fundamental pattern underlying all reality, but it falls apart at the platonic solids since their importance is highly over exaggerated. The universe is not made of platonic solids, therefore the pattern is not fundamental, therefore Sacred Geometry is simply beautiful art.

Jesus Christ, you can type in "Sacred Geometry" on youtube and find hours of videos explaining the concepts, it really is not that hard.

As for the thread, I am satisfied that there is nothing more to the concepts than beautiful art.

[sarcasm] :sarcasticbecause it's just so much more fun to make you explain what your talking about :sarcastic [/sarcasm]

Premium Member
When did the left hand path become sitting around waiting for someone to take your hand and lead you to understanding? Take initiative guys! It's what sets apart from the others!

Eni Alihm

Ok, thank you.
I have explored quite a bit of geometry pertaining to music, are you familiar with Cymatics? What I like is that it shows how vibration 'could' be the objective universe's Grand Architect.

[youtube]05Io6lop3mk[/youtube]
Cymatics - Bringing Matter To Life With Sound (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

jasonwill2

When did the left hand path become sitting around waiting for someone to take your hand and lead you to understanding? Take initiative guys! It's what sets apart from the others!

lol no it isn't, the heterodox is. You can do what you just said and not be LHP, it's called thinking for yourself, and that doesn't make you LHP.

Premium Member
Ok, thank you.
I have explored quite a bit of geometry pertaining to music, are you familiar with Cymatics? What I like is that it shows how vibration 'could' be the objective universe's Grand Architect.

[youtube]05Io6lop3mk[/youtube]
Cymatics - Bringing Matter To Life With Sound (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

I am familiar with that idea, but do not know much about it. I will have to watch these videos when I have access to a superior computer.

lol no it isn't, the heterodox is. You can do what you just said and not be LHP, it's called thinking for yourself, and that doesn't make you LHP.

Yeah, thinking for yourself is the biggest part of being RHP, isn't it. You should start a thread on this in the debates section here so I can show you where your logic is highly flawed on the subject again and you can choose faith instead. That was fun :)

jasonwill2

I am familiar with that idea, but do not know much about it. I will have to watch these videos when I have access to a superior computer.

Yeah, thinking for yourself is the biggest part of being RHP, isn't it. You should start a thread on this in the debates section here so I can show you where your logic is highly flawed on the subject again and you can choose faith instead. That was fun :)

Stop it! You know what I meant. Obviously JUST BECAUSE you think for yourself doesn't mean you are Left Hand Path. You can think for yourself but not be Left Hand Path (depending on your definition though you cant be LHP and NOT think for yourself), and if you disagree with this sentence then your just deluding yourself with narrow thinking.

And how mature, you brought up an old thread to push my buttons :sarcastic And honestly you didn't "show" anything, you just refused to accept that my "faith" is founded in practice and experience, simple because I'm not an atheist like you. But guess what? I'm not exactly a theist either.

Premium Member
Doors,

Do you find fault with Da Vinci's use of the Golden Ratio because his Vitruvian Man is reportedly only 99.8% accurate?

Source

No, he used the golden ratio there, it's a fact I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium Member
Stop it! You know what I meant. Obviously JUST BECAUSE you think for yourself doesn't mean you are Left Hand Path. You can think for yourself but not be Left Hand Path (depending on your definition though you cant be LHP and NOT think for yourself), and if you disagree with this sentence then your just deluding yourself with narrow thinking.

"If you disagree with me you are narrow minded"...

And how mature, you brought up an old thread to push my buttons :sarcastic And honestly you didn't "show" anything, you just refused to accept that my "faith" is founded in practice and experience, simple because I'm not an atheist like you. But guess what? I'm not exactly a theist either.

Actually I wasn't. Not everything is a deep personal attack, Jason. But yeah, I showed the contradiction in your idea of LHP taboos.

jasonwill2

Sigh, when will we ever get over our love-hate relationship :cover:

"If you disagree with me you are narrow minded"...

That wasn't what I meant.
Actually I wasn't. Not everything is a deep personal attack, Jason. But yeah, I showed the contradiction in your idea of LHP taboos.

I didn't realize you were referencing the taboos part of the debate, but whatever. This is getting off topic now.