• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Only: Sacred Geometry

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I am looking at this topic from a more matured and intellectual aspect these days. No denying that nature follows patterns, personally I love the golden ratio (phi) the most, plus it ties to the fibanocci sequence. But sacred geometry as a whole, the flower of life, metatron's cube, all the stupid **** people name these things, how valid are these theories? Are they falsifiable? If not, they no way imply God but rather just something fundamental, a concept that is very logical.

Informare

Setian I°
I think for me, the purpose they serve to is to help stimulate my own psyche, in much the same way that a ritual does. I don't know if there is any innate power in a trapezoid, or sacred ratio, or whatever other than the power it stimulates in me. As far as validity, I've always respected the simpler theories as more "valid" that others. Similar to numerology, one can end up maniupulating some grand geometric theory out of anything if you try hard enough. However some geometries such as the pentagram, the trapezoid, the golden ratio, or pi contain some a simple and elegant beauty that makes deriving power from it very natural and easy.

Premium Member
I noticed that the "flower of life" design is quite interesting. You can fit any shape into a circle, get many things including pi and phi from a circle (or shape in a circle), things like that. Then I wondered if this pattern is just a perfectly crafted human concept, or perhaps a perfectly crafted human discovery. I also have seen that the pattern is all around the ancient world and seen picture of such, but I wonder if anyone can validate these occurances?

Informare

Setian I°
I've currently been exploring the geometric aspects of the Elder Futhark rune system. Some very interesting coincidences pop up when you start digging into it. I'd encourage rune work if you enjoy the geometric aesthetic.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
these topics make me facepalm hard. almost as hard as creationism. psudioscience is psudioscience

Premium Member
these topics make me facepalm hard. almost as hard as creationism. psudioscience is psudioscience

Depends how you look at it. It's actually quite interesting, the issue is the majority of info on it is put out by new agers. Look through the bull **** and there's a beautiful gem underneath.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Depends how you look at it. It's actually quite interesting, the issue is the majority of info on it is put out by new agers. Look through the bull **** and there's a beautiful gem underneath.
perhaps. any sources with out the hogwash?

Premium Member
perhaps. any sources with out the hogwash?

Sadly I cannot find much more than connecting the dots. The "flower of life" pattern is really nothing more than circles, from circles we get Pi (infinite number), we can draw a perfect pentagram in it and get the golden ratio, golden triangle, golden rectangle, etc which then ties to the Fibonacci sequence (infinite), really get any shape, ratio, etc out of it including the normal and unicursal hexagram, kabbalistic tree of life, "metatron's cube" which I suggest researching even though it's got a new agey spin... it really freaks me out. Now, people use this for all kinds of nonsense; proof of ID, infinite love, pure fundamental consciousness, etc. Really all that it shows is that something is likely fundamental (which is logically true anyways) and that all of reality as a whole mechanically and deterministically follows patterns, which is not pseuoscientific at all.

Iti oj

Premium Member
i dont see the point. science and math have me expecting patterns whats the big deal then?

Premium Member
i dont see the point. science and math have me expecting patterns whats the big deal then?

That's almost the point. There is no "big deal" it's just obvious and may enlighten, maybe hold explanations of things we do not yet understand. It is not magical or anything, nor mystical really, just quite "sacred". If it is the pattern all reality follows that's pretty cool.

Premium Member
Actually if the theory is really valid, it would more likely disprove the existence of a deity to a logical mind. If all reality follows mechanical and deterministic patterns, it leaves little room for an all powerful deity with true free will.

Iti oj

Premium Member
hahaha good pun jason
but i think you used the wrong word you meant geometric

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am looking at this topic from a more matured and intellectual aspect these days. No denying that nature follows patterns, personally I love the golden ratio (phi) the most, plus it ties to the fibanocci sequence. But sacred geometry as a whole, the flower of life, metatron's cube, all the stupid **** people name these things, how valid are these theories? Are they falsifiable? If not, they no way imply God but rather just something fundamental, a concept that is very logical.

"Sacred geometry" has always been an interest of mine. Personally I'm not interested in how the phi ratio can prove or disprove the existence of some god or divinity. What interests me is how something like the pentagram, a perfect embodiment of the phi ratio can effect my psyche in such a unique and profound way. Or the shape of the trapezoid and all abtuse angles in certain symbols and architectual designs. Sharp angles have always been the more pleasing to me and sinister than curved ones. Take for instance, the strange, alien, architecture of the City of R'lyeh in the "Call of Cthulhu", which when Cthulhu awakened it sent out psychic visions of R'lyeh which reverberated nightmarish visions to human architects across the Earth in their sleep from which they would awaken to madness.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

jasonwill2

"Sacred geometry" has always been an interest of mine. Personally I'm not interested in how the phi ratio can prove or disprove the existence of some god or divinity. What interests me is how something like the pentagram, a perfect embodiment of the phi ratio can effect my psyche in such a unique and profound way. Or the shape of the trapezoid and all abtuse angles in certain symbols and architectual designs. Sharp angles have always been the more pleasing to me and sinister than curved ones. Take for instance, the strange, alien, architecture of the City of R'lyeh in the "Call of Cthulhu", which when Cthulhu awakened it sent out psychic visions of R'lyeh which reverberated nightmarish visions to human architects across the Earth in their sleep from which they would awaken to madness.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

images

images

images

images

I most totally agree on more sharp and angular lines, actually. Especially in real life things.

Polygon stars are awesome too. Pentagrams, heptagrams and nonagrams my fav as they are odd numbed and can have the middle point go down. 2 on either side, one down, 3 on either side, one down. Four on either side, one down ect ect. I like having the middle point down in stars. It is just more aesthetically pleasing to me.