• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Only: Sacred Geometry

jasonwill2

But what faith is this thread ?

The mod message didn't say.

The title doesn't say. Or is there a Sacred Geometry faith ?

I'm Augmented Fourth Way. Is that OK ?

We are in a purple zone, and the man could freeze our frubals.

Reminds me of when they moved the "what does Satan have to do with Satanism?" topic in here. As I've seen from that, even the non-LHP person could keep posting and let us Satanists debate when giving her answers.

So... your probably OK since you have posted thus far. I would assume that "left hand path" would be said faith.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I've been thinking about the pentagram and it's quite beautiful. It's interesting that when using these sacred geometrical patterns, it does not come in until the dodecahedron, whereas the hexagram dominates the pattern and the septagram does in its own way as well. But while the patterns of the latter can be drawn continuously forever, the pentagram cannot only be drawn continuously, but also creates a spiral as well as can infinitely repeate itself, a symbol of true infinity which ties to these theories whether found in the patterns or not.

Phi really isn't a big deal though.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I suppose I can post a theorem I discovered several years ago. Hadn't seen it then, but I've seen something like it after running a quick check online today.

crossfire-albums-misc-picture3936-inscribed-theorem.jpg

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I don't see so-called "sacred" geometry as the province of any particular religion or metaphysical philosophy, except perhaps the ancient Pythagoreans. They held Five to be the most sacred of numbers and the symbol of their school of thought was the Pentagram.

Last edited:

Premium Member
I don't see so-called "sacred" geometry as the province of any particular religion or metaphysical philosophy, except perhaps the ancient Pythagoreans. They held Five to be the most sacred of numbers and the symbol of their school of thought was the Pentagram.

Why did they think that though? Looking at it now, phi can be found in nature, music, etc but it does not seem to be very fundamental. Rather, it is just another thing that comes out of the fundamental. Though, now that I think about it there are 5 platonic solids, but do the platonic solids really matter? We do not find them to be a big part of nature, but we only see them as 3D in a reality of ten dimensions. I meam if the universe is similar to a dodcahedron, maybe the platonic solids are more important than we think. They are perfection after all...

Rambling...

Premium Member
If we cannot show the platonic solids, all five, are important to all reality, sacred geometry fails.

Luckily, the simplex, hypercube, and cross-polytope exist in at least up to 12 dimensions. Plus, look these up and see if you find familiar shapes...

Sadly, they do not seem part of all reality. Where are they in cell division for example, protein synthesis, etc? Disappointingly, sacred geometry seems nothing more than a beautiful creation of the human mind.

Premium Member
OK I still don't get why an atheist thinks that geometry is sacred.

1. Apparently you do not understand what an atheist is.

2. Sacred geometry is what is called, and I do not believe it. I have falsified it to my standards. Wouldn't have happened without arguing for it, which you and Orias once ignorantly bashed me for.

What IS sacred geometry anyways?

Check this out:
Google

Eni Alihm

Isn't Sacred Geometry defined as the symbolic geometry used to build religious structures?

**Oh and Doors, you're right, that post of mine didn't include anything we were discussing . . . I don't know what I was thinking, oops!

Premium Member
Isn't Sacred Geometry defined as the symbolic geometry used to build religious structures?

It covers these concepts as well, but I think these concepts are based on religious art. Unstable foundation to begin with IMO.