• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[LHP Only] Narcissism - The Bane of The Left-Hand Path

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
***Thread moved to Same Faith Debates***

Please keep rules 1 and 3 in mind while posting in this thread.

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff
Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

3. Trolling and Bullying
Where Rule 1 covers personal attacks, Rule 3 governs other behaviors and content that can generally be described as being a jerk. Unacceptable behaviors and content include:

1) Content (whether words or images) that most people would find needlessly offensive, especially when such content is posted just to get a rise out of somebody and/or is not part of a reasoned argument.

2) Defamation, slander, or misrepresentation of a member's beliefs/arguments, or that of a particular group, culture, or religion. This includes altering the words of another member to change their meaning when using the quote feature.

3) Antagonism, bullying, or harassment - including but not limited to personal attacks, slander, and misrepresentation - of a member across multiple content areas of the forums. Repeatedly targeting or harassing members of particular groups will also be considered bullying.
Is there a link . . . because I cannot find it

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Will you be debating in defense of narcissism, or in defense of freeing oneself of narcissism? (so I know where to put the mirrors) :cool:
I believe I have already posted my opinion concerning this . . .

"There is healthy Narcissism as well and this would be found in the Western Left Hand Path"

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I believe I have already posted my opinion concerning this . . .

"There is healthy Narcissism as well and this would be found in the Western Left Hand Path"
Alrighty. **tacks up a small mirror in EtuMalku's area of the debate floor**

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Speculum Obscura
The Black Mirror in the Work of the Goetia is used as a tool to communicate with the bound spirit or familiar after initial evocation. The sorcerer who summons the Angel or Demon may bind it accordingly to the vessel, and at a later time evoke the spirit again and use the Black Mirror to visualize its form and impressions it may send. If a specific Goetic spirit is bound with the magician as a familiar/famulus, then the Black Mirror is ideal in communication. Some have used divination boards in front of black mirrors to communicate with spirits, this techniques proves a powerful gnosis to step into, as you essentially bring the astral/ghost realm into the physical plane.

Taoist Wūshī used mirrors thousands of years ago made from beautifully polished dark green Jade. They were used as we use our speculums, for summoning, divination, and to reveal people’s true hidden nature. Wūshī used the Jade Speculum in an interesting way, it was through the mirror that they sent Servitors to attack their enemies, entering through their household mirror. Divining was accomplished by taking a round speculum in one hand while exhaling on its surface as they walked in a circle around a large yellow candle situated in the center of the floor. To attract spirits a candle was placed along with a piece of fresh fruit, and the Jade Speculum on a table at midnight. The spirits’ images would then reflect onto the mirror and their identities revealed.

upload_2016-1-9_13-22-40.jpeg

crossfire

Premium Member
Speculum Obscura
The Black Mirror in the Work of the Goetia is used as a tool to communicate with the bound spirit or familiar after initial evocation. The sorcerer who summons the Angel or Demon may bind it accordingly to the vessel, and at a later time evoke the spirit again and use the Black Mirror to visualize its form and impressions it may send. If a specific Goetic spirit is bound with the magician as a familiar/famulus, then the Black Mirror is ideal in communication. Some have used divination boards in front of black mirrors to communicate with spirits, this techniques proves a powerful gnosis to step into, as you essentially bring the astral/ghost realm into the physical plane.

Taoist Wūshī used mirrors thousands of years ago made from beautifully polished dark green Jade. They were used as we use our speculums, for summoning, divination, and to reveal people’s true hidden nature. Wūshī used the Jade Speculum in an interesting way, it was through the mirror that they sent Servitors to attack their enemies, entering through their household mirror. Divining was accomplished by taking a round speculum in one hand while exhaling on its surface as they walked in a circle around a large yellow candle situated in the center of the floor. To attract spirits a candle was placed along with a piece of fresh fruit, and the Jade Speculum on a table at midnight. The spirits’ images would then reflect onto the mirror and their identities revealed.

View attachment 11802
The most obvious difference between this practice of self-examination and narcissism would be that a narcissist would unconsciously use another person as a mirror, and unhealthily try to project their inner demons onto someone else; whereas this practice is done mindfully as a means of healthy soul searching.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
A healthy narcissist is characterized as possessing realistic self-esteem without being cut off from a shared emotional life, as the unhealthy narcissist tends to be.
Reminds me of that Buddhist thing you talk about . . . which I can never remember!

crossfire

Premium Member
A healthy narcissist is characterized as possessing realistic self-esteem without being cut off from a shared emotional life, as the unhealthy narcissist tends to be.
Reminds me of that Buddhist thing you talk about . . . which I can never remember!
Skillfulness. I agree, consciously examining ones own narcissistic tendencies and knowing them for what they are is much more skillful and healthy than leaving those functions unconscious and unexamined.

edit to add: those who work hard to consciously overcome narcissism will develop more skills than those who do not need to overcome narcissism. So, anyone looking to become skillful should start by looking within. **has some small mirrors ready to pass out**

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Speculum Obscura

View attachment 11802

The "Black Mirror of Ma'at" is a form of Setian Magick in which the Magician gazes into a black mirror and reflects upon their reflection therein. During this Working new understandings about the Magician's present self and Higher Self are revealed. New understandings about one's own being are acquired; faults to be overcome and potentials to be worked upon and actualized.

PLQS12.jpg

Last edited:

ThirtyThree

Speculum Obscura

View attachment 11802

apple-holds-off-new-ipad-air-production-citing-huge-iphone-6-demand-report.jpg

Most of us carry these things with us and, I must say, they make excellent black mirrors. Imagine sending spirits to people through their Apple and Android devices?

However, I have to ask. Etu, do you believe in such spirits which can move through mirrors?

ThirtyThree

The "Black Mirror of Ma'at" is a form of Setian Magick in which the Magician gazes into a black mirror and reflects upon their reflection therein. During this Working new understandings about the Magician's present self and Higher Self are revealed. New understandings about one's own being are acquired; faults to be overcome and potentials to be worked upon and actualized.

PLQS12.jpg

How does this actually work, if you do not mind explaining? I have looked into many black mirrors. What does one see other than their own reflection?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
How does this actually work, if you do not mind explaining? I have looked into many black mirrors. What does one see other than their own reflection?

I can only explain the ritual itself, you yourself must perform it to experience its results. I used a rectangular glass piece from a picture frame and spray painted one side with flat black spray paint. And set on both sides of the black mirror a lit black candle and reflected on my own reflection in the Black Mirror. I saw what I saw which I will not go into detail about because it was extremely personal. It will be the same with you if you are sensitive to your own Magick, and the Truth of your own Being.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
apple-holds-off-new-ipad-air-production-citing-huge-iphone-6-demand-report.jpg

Most of us carry these things with us and, I must say, they make excellent black mirrors. Imagine sending spirits to people through their Apple and Android devices?
Never occurred to me to use a tablet or cellphone . . . good thinking!

However, I have to ask. Etu, do you believe in such spirits which can move through mirrors?
No . . .

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I can only explain the ritual itself, you yourself must perform it to experience its results. I used a rectangular glass piece from a picture frame and spray painted one side with flat black spray paint. And set on both sides of the black mirror a lit black candle and reflected on my own reflection in the Black Mirror. I saw what I saw which I will not go into detail about because it was extremely personal. It will be the same with you if you are sensitive to your own Magick, and the Truth of your own Being.

Also by reflecting on your image in the black mirror you will also undergo deep self-introspection, which is key.