• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[LHP Only] Narcissism - The Bane of The Left-Hand Path

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So, what kind of tools does the WLHP have to deal with narcissism?

I think in it's present form... Maybe nothing... But, that has to do with the over-reliance on rationality -- people like to be right... Mostly it is chimpanzee-like territorial displays in the human cognitive head space. This isn't evolved thinking -- this is a throwback to the ole' monkey brain of the past. If the LHP remains dog-eat-dog maybe it doesn't need to exist... We could reason accurately that stratification is an enemy of egalitarianism, egoism is an enemy of altruism, and that hyper-rationalization leads to a sort of self-imposed nihilism that really doesn't do anyone any good. Carnality is a silly concept as a whole -- that one is somehow superior for behaving as animals have for the last million years, and assuming that because one has done so one is more wise. It is obvious we abandoned carnality in our early history for progress -- we could have kept doing things the way they were, but if we were constantly self-absorbed in our pleasures we would have never got _here_. Our great advances as a species are generally preceded by a period of individual suffering or sacrifices, and there is so much documentation of this it isn't worth explaining. Narcissism needs to be seen for what it is - an addiction to self-aggrandizing delusions. So what is left of our LHP?

That doesn't leave the LHP without some value: Resistance against the status quo is still a positive aspect that leads to progress, and arbitrary morality is certainly unnecessary once we have achieved true equality and respect for one another. (This concept in particular has always been the tool of various slave masters... Secular or not...) Chimp-think is unnecessary if we respect each others physical and mental territory. Our rejection of taboos can serve as a catalyst to encourage the exploration of ideas that our ancestors shied away from due to fear. We can develop the technology to live infinite lives, and want for nothing -- something that the status quo, and the moral majorities who are dogmatic would never have. Thus, all is not lost -- we must just actively work on this vibration. We must do it so the LHP doesn't fall into the traps of dogma, tradition, and territoriality that have destroyed the value of other philosophies.

Anyway, based on the context of this speech it would be easy to contain it as "not applying to us on personal levels", but the fact is the ideas I expose here are about living in a non-self limiting way. They are directly applicable to your life, and your own potential. They are designed to enable an open-minded revolt. Or, at least my understanding of one... :)

ThirtyThree

I think in it's present form... Maybe nothing... But, that has to do with the over-reliance on rationality -- people like to be right... Mostly it is chimpanzee-like territorial displays in the human cognitive head space. This isn't evolved thinking -- this is a throwback to the ole' monkey brain of the past. If the LHP remains dog-eat-dog maybe it doesn't need to exist... We could reason accurately that stratification is an enemy of egalitarianism, egoism is an enemy of altruism, and that hyper-rationalization leads to a sort of self-imposed nihilism that really doesn't do anyone any good. Carnality is a silly concept as a whole -- that one is somehow superior for behaving as animals have for the last million years, and assuming that because one has done so one is more wise. It is obvious we abandoned carnality in our early history for progress -- we could have kept doing things the way they were, but if we were constantly self-absorbed in our pleasures we would have never got _here_. Our great advances as a species are generally preceded by a period of individual suffering or sacrifices, and there is so much documentation of this it isn't worth explaining. Narcissism needs to be seen for what it is - an addiction to self-aggrandizing delusions. So what is left of our LHP?

That doesn't leave the LHP without some value: Resistance against the status quo is still a positive aspect that leads to progress, and arbitrary morality is certainly unnecessary once we have achieved true equality and respect for one another. (This concept in particular has always been the tool of various slave masters... Secular or not...) Chimp-think is unnecessary if we respect each others physical and mental territory. Our rejection of taboos can serve as a catalyst to encourage the exploration of ideas that our ancestors shied away from due to fear. We can develop the technology to live infinite lives, and want for nothing -- something that the status quo, and the moral majorities who are dogmatic would never have. Thus, all is not lost -- we must just actively work on this vibration. We must do it so the LHP doesn't fall into the traps of dogma, tradition, and territoriality that have destroyed the value of other philosophies.

Anyway, based on the context of this speech it would be easy to contain it as "not applying to us on personal levels", but the fact is the ideas I expose here are about living in a non-self limiting way. They are directly applicable to your life, and your own potential. They are designed to enable an open-minded revolt. Or, at least my understanding of one... :)

Does the LHP really need more white washing? I think it already shines as brightly as a baby goat, lamb, pig given a buttermilk bath.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Alright, so the most basic rational truth is being obscured by superfluous rationalization/pretzel logic to the point that it is unrecognizable. I've highlighted the two sentences that succinctly describe the problem you have stated regarding this:
Mostly it is chimpanzee-like territorial displays in the human cognitive head space.
<...>

Chimp-think is unnecessary if we respect each others physical and mental territory.

The most general form of the basic rational strategy you have applied here is this: Hate doesn't overcome hate. Hate is overcome by non-hate.

Some people claim that our emotions cannot be made rational. (The hyper-rational, perhaps?) It's really not that difficult to do. So, let me ask the question once again, slightly modified to a more general form
: what sort of tools does the WLHP have to train emotions into a rational form? {I know that they exist, because I have learned of some of them and have employed some of them since beginning my studies into the WLHP.}

crossfire

Premium Member
Why does the LHP need to be made into a better "place"? The last time I checked it was not supposed to be a comfortable "place" to begin with. Then, originally, LHP was just supposed to be:

Somehow, a way to approach magic(k) transformed into a cult of carnal desire, individualism and in many cases Atheism.
I would agree that the carnal desire part is not necessary, nor is atheism. However, individualism is a must--otherwise you are just a herd animal, a virus, or a slave. You need to become and be an individual in order to resist the cultural groupthink/herd mentality/imposed programming. There is no reason why individuals cannot work together by mutual, conscious agreement. You don't want to be a slave or enslave others. You want to think and understand for yourself, and be your own master. Slavery and enslavement is RHP.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
what sort of tools does the WLHP have to train emotions into a rational form? {I know that they exist, because I have learned of some of them and have employed some of them since beginning my studies into the WLHP.}

I can think of three tools right off the bat - Kheper, Balance, and conquering irrational fear. The first, Self-Creation (Xeper) is obvious, I have explained it in depth in many areas of the LHP DIR. Second, developing and maintaining a balance between emotion and the intellect, rational thought. And third, the Self-Created god should be able to conquer his irrational fears which usually appear during early childhood. For instance, with me it was conquering my irrational fear of the dark and actually making friends and becoming One with the Darkness at a very early age. We each must forge our own tools to assist us in our own individual quests. This requires serious and deep self-introspection, asking your Self the right questions, and working on answering those questions / Quest-ions.

Last edited:

ThirtyThree

I would agree that the carnal desire part is not necessary, nor is atheism. However, individualism is a must--otherwise you are just a herd animal, a virus, or a slave. You need to become and be an individual in order to resist the cultural groupthink/herd mentality/imposed programming. There is no reason why individuals cannot work together by mutual, conscious agreement. You don't want to be a slave or enslave others. You want to think and understand for yourself, and be your own master. Slavery and enslavement is RHP.

"Individualism" as a term breeds too many problems, just as "freedom" does. It provides a false sense of entitlement as well as advocates rebellion purely in the name of non conformity. If conforming benefits me, I am going to conform.

Screaming out "non conformity" is a matter best left to the multitude of mongrels who adorn their faces in a way that makes them look more metallic than flesh. You know, those strange people with the two inch disks in their ears, who wear more ink than the ink content of all the novels on Earth and dye their hair an assortment of vibrant unusual shades. Those people.

While I do believe it is extremely important to be an isolate intelligence and retain ones "self-hood", I prefer to imagine the "New Aion" as being more like a kingdom and nothing like a democracy.

How does a kingdom work? It is ruled by a King/Queen, it has knights, nobility, subjects and so on. That is a proper model, in my opinion.

A kingdom enforces a need for cooperation, yet does not force what you call "the herd mentality" on those who do not desire it. Also, be aware of something, I do not condemn the herd mentality at all. I find peasants useful. It is mongrels I despise.

crossfire

Premium Member
"Individualism" as a term breeds too many problems, just as "freedom" does. It provides a false sense of entitlement as well as advocates rebellion purely in the name of non conformity. If conforming benefits me, I am going to conform.

Screaming out "non conformity" is a matter best left to the multitude of mongrels who adorn their faces in a way that makes them look more metallic than flesh. You know, those strange people with the two inch disks in their ears, who wear more ink than the ink content of all the novels on Earth and dye their hair an assortment of vibrant unusual shades. Those people.

While I do believe it is extremely important to be an isolate intelligence and retain ones "self-hood", I prefer to imagine the "New Aion" as being more like a kingdom and nothing like a democracy.

How does a kingdom work? It is ruled by a King/Queen, it has knights, nobility, subjects and so on. That is a proper model, in my opinion.

A kingdom enforces a need for cooperation, yet does not force what you call "the herd mentality" on those who do not desire it. Also, be aware of something, I do not condemn the herd mentality at all. I find peasants useful. It is mongrels I despise.
Non-conformity does not equate to individualism. Goats are every bit herd animals as sheep are.

crossfire

Premium Member

So you are a collectivist! :smilingimp: (said the mongrel)

ThirtyThree

So you are a collectivist! :smilingimp: (said the mongrel)

Dictionary said:
Collectivism:

1) The practice or principle of giving a group priority over each individual in it.

2) The theory and practice of the ownership of land and the means of production by the people or the state.

In regard to 1, I prefer oligarchy or kingdom. However, holding the priority of a group over each person in it seems to be the only rational course of government, lest one resort to anarchy? You can not please all of the people all of the time? It is about maintaining stability and image, right?

In regard to 2, Communism and similar systems have never really appealed to me. However, if that is the future then so be it. If I dislike it then, I will work to ascend into a position of power and enjoy the apples. The others can have the slop. Then, if I find myself unable to achieve power in such a system, I best get used to the taste of rotten everything.

I will leave you with this quote:

"We shall have world government whether or not we like it. The only question is whether world government will be achieved by conquest or consent." James Paul Warburg - In an address to the U.S. Senate, July 17th, 1950 [/quote]

My bet is on conquest, although these days, consent is seeming more and more plausible.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

I cannot and will not judge others by how they wish to express them selves; I like my tattoo of a black inverted pentagram encompassed within a seven pointed star on my upper left arm. And I will gather more ink upon my flesh in the future. :smilecat:

Last edited:

ThirtyThree

I cannot and will not judge others by how they wish to express them selves, I like my tattoo of a black inverted pentagram encompassed within a seven pointed star on my upper left arm. And I will gather more ink in the future. :smilecat:

That is perfectly fine. It was more of a sarcastic poke at the multitude of sheep, I mean goats, who are all pierced, inked and dyed in an assortment of colors. Those mongrels screaming they are individuals at the top of their lungs, meanwhile demonstrating the very herd mentality they despise.

crossfire

Premium Member
dictionary said:
Collectivism:

1) The practice or principle of giving a group priority over each individual in it.
<...>
<...>
This is the meaning I was referring to in regards to being collectivist, specifically in the manner of regarding, judging, and manipulating groups without regard to actual individuals.

ThirtyThree

This is the meaning I was referring to in regards to being collectivist, specifically in the manner of regarding, judging, and manipulating groups without regard to actual individuals.

I consider the individuals within the groups when I speak, act or judge. I just do not understand why those who do not honestly stand for the graffiti sprayed all over those groups bother to remain in them. Some type of benefit, I suppose?

crossfire

Premium Member
I consider the individuals within the groups when I speak, act or judge. I just do not understand why those who do not honestly stand for the graffiti sprayed all over those groups bother to remain in them. Some type of benefit, I suppose?
What makes it not ok? The fact that you don't understand?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
That is perfectly fine. It was more of a sarcastic poke at the multitude of sheep, I mean goats, who are all pierced, inked and dyed in an assortment of colors. Those mongrels screaming they are individuals at the top of their lungs, meanwhile demonstrating the very herd mentality they despise.

I think I know what your getting at Antithesis33. ;)

crossfire

Premium Member
If it is any consolation, I don't have tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, and such. However, I do consider myself a "mongrel," in that I don't subscribe to conventional customs of appearances, either.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, narcissism is a problem in the white person's version of LHP, along with various ASPD traits including psychopathy (whether actual or wannabe) and much of White People's LHP® encourages those traits. I find it all pathetic.

ThirtyThree

If it is any consolation, I don't have tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, and such. However, I do consider myself a "mongrel," in that I don't subscribe to conventional customs of appearances, either.

Mongrels to me are not those who dress unusually, they are simply those who have no value. They are the profane, in other words.

ThirtyThree

Yes, narcissism is a problem in the white person's version of LHP, along with various ASPD traits including psychopathy (whether actual or wannabe) and much of White People's LHP® encourages those traits. I find it all pathetic.

White people's LHP? That is a new one! When did race get into this discussion?