• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's try this again...

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
My less-than-graceful exit from RF left me feeling that I made a mistake. Not in taking a break, but in how I did it and how I expressed myself in the weeks/months leading up to my depart. In reflecting on it, I came to several conclusions. Here are those conclusions and what I did to address them.

I was overly dependent on half baked opinions that conformed to my own misguided conclusions
  • This happens to everyone but only after removing certain social media platforms from my reading list did I realize how bad it was. Accounts on those platforms have been removed.
I was too aggressive to opposing views
  • My reaction to counters to my points was set to anger by default. I have updated my config file:
{
reaction.counter: inquisitive
}
I judged others by the worst examples
  • This is an unfair tactic that I employed way too often. I would find an extremist view and apply it to others. Instead, I need to meet people on the level of the individual.

I will conclude this with an apology. I am sorry if you read a post I made and felt like I was taking pot shots at you personally. My behavior was not a reflection of you or this community. My behavior was a reflection of myself and I am actively and aggressively seeking to correct it.

I have cleared my ignore list in hopes of a fresh start and I will see ya out there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My less-than-graceful exit from RF left me feeling that I made a mistake. Not in taking a break, but in how I did it and how I expressed myself in the weeks/months leading up to my depart. In reflecting on it, I came to several conclusions. Here are those conclusions and what I did to address them.

I was overly dependent on half baked opinions that conformed to my own misguided conclusions
  • This happens to everyone but only after removing certain social media platforms from my reading list did I realize how bad it was. Accounts on those platforms have been removed.
  • My reaction to counters to my points was set to anger by default. I have updated my config file:
{
}
  • This is an unfair tactic that I employed way too often. I would find an extremist view and apply it to others. Instead, I need to meet people on the level of the individual.

I will conclude this with an apology. I am sorry if you read a post I made and felt like I was taking pot shots at you personally. My behavior was not a reflection of you or this community. My behavior was a reflection of myself and I am actively and aggressively seeking to correct it.

I have cleared my ignore list in hopes of a fresh start and I will see ya out there.
I really don't remember any such misbehavior.
So either you're better than you think, or my
memory is worse than I....do I know you?

BTW, I feel like I'm being a real jerk today.
And yet...I don't plan to stop.
I'll blame it on a reaction to yesterday's vaccination.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So you’re coming back?

upload_2021-12-9_2-13-2.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
download (9).jpeg

I don't remember any dodgy stuff from you but i do remember interest. Good to see you back

anna.

but mostly it's the same

{
}

What a refreshing post. It's difficult for most people when looking at themselves (myself included) to be as clear-sighted as you are here.

I remember you from a different forum, but I don't remember anything negative at all. If that helps. : )

PureX

Veteran Member
I, personally, have no recollection of any such negative experience with you, but I greatly admire your willingness to recognize a need for change, and then making those changes. Doing that IS the best apology one can possibly make.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like that, too!

This means I really am a brontosaurus! Its what I always wanted...
I pretend to be caring at times.
Learning to fake sincerity has been useful.
It helps to get along with the neurotypicals,
who expect everyone to have their level of
empathy. Otherwise one is a sociopath.
@Shadow Wolf knows.

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
By the way @Revoltingest, was that poll conducted in your signature a random polling or did everyone participate? :D

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

{
}

Bless you Quetzal,

As my memory is the worst, not only can I not recall any eventual arguments with you (nor with others, really) but, on the plus side, most days are entirely new to me!

Your post is nonetheless a beautiful example of how we positively can choose to grow and blossom, even from our eventual shortcomings.

Thank you for sharing these lovely reflections with us!

Humbly
Hermit

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

{
}

Welcome home! :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This thread reinforces how RF is better than "real life". The number of people who admit they were wrong and went too far is MUCH higher here than in the so-called "real" world. @Quetzal , I count you among that group of better people.