• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@URAVIP2ME

It seems your post messed up i have salvaged what i can

Science and technology is to transform the world ( but without proper morals it never will )

Science has nothing to do with morality but scientists have. And there morality is every bit as proper as anyone else morality.

Science and technology can't protect against a throw-away life style.

Actually it can, it can develop long lasting materials that unlike natural stuff doesn't wear out. But what manufacturer wants that? The throw away lifestyle is business, not science

Technology allows for the rapid spreading about the 'good news'

Yes, you used a computing device to post that sage knowledge

Technology/ science also comes with side effects such as with medicine.

And saves lives such as medicine.
BTW, one genetic scientist is known to have saved over a billion lives

They have good news but with negative draw backs.

As does religion, the thing is weigh the benefits.

Science and technology will never completely grasp absolute truth.

Truth is a strange word, i take it to mean what is shown to be true by fact or evidence.
Religion takes is as what i believe to be true

The misuse of science and technology today harms tomorrow.

Misuse of anything, including religion causes harm. Just ask anyone effected by religious terrorism

For example: Atomic Energy / Atomic Bomb

Atomic energy is not misuse, on the contrary it is helping to reduce the impact of fossil fuel energy

The only people who have used the atomic bomb in anger are a Christian majority country

Things are supposed to provide comfort but putting man's wisdom ahead of God's wisdom has created the world we see today.

And you eagerly reap the benefits of science for your comfort and convenience

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
@URAVIP2ME
Science and technology is to transform the world ( but without proper morals it never will )
Science has nothing to do with morality but scientists have. And there morality is every bit as proper as anyone else morality.
Actually it can, it can develop long lasting materials that unlike natural stuff doesn't wear out. But what manufacturer wants that? The throw away lifestyle is business, not science
As doesn't religion, the thing is weigh the benefits.
Truth is a strange word, i take it to mean what is shown to be true by fact or evidence.
Religion takes is as what i believe to me true
Misuse of anything, including religion causes harm. Just ask anyone effected by religious terrorism
Atomic energy is not misuse, on the contrary it is helping to reduce the impact of fossil fuel energy
The only people who have used the atomic bomb in anger are a Christian majority country
Things are supposed to provide comfort but putting man's wisdom ahead of God's wisdom has created the world we see today.

Sorry ChristineM for the mess up. I tried to undo it but at this end things were frozen.
I did Not mean Atomic Energy is misuse, but between Atomic Energy the draw back is the Atomic Bomb.
Remember Jesus never taught to bomb, it is false Christendom who disobeys Jesus to lay down the sword.
- Matthew 26:52. - 2 Corinthians 10:4

Not all scientists have the same morals. Without harmony there can't be harmony.
Scientists can't stop crime......etc.

Yes, I remember Pres. Clinton saying unless it is profitable for the business man it won't happen.
Known science can't stop those merchants.

Yes, medicine does save lives. I am still here because of modern-medicine's progress.
Today more than ever we see the drug companies putting out drugs/medicine for profit.
For example: they knew for a decade the drugs for AIDS were harming people.
With all the lawsuits they need to figure out a way to get new profit to pay for the lawsuits.

Yes, weigh the benefits and there is a BIG gap between what the fake 'weed/tares' Christendom teaches ( take sides with war for example ) and what we can really learn from Jesus' teachings remaining neutral.

And we can eagerly reap the benefits of known science and known knowledge as Jesus teaches.
What Jesus teaches is for our everlasting comfort and convenience.
Man has brought ruin to Earth and there will be an end to those who bring ruin to earth - Revelation 11:18 B.
No more wicked ones leaves the humble meek to inherit the earth as promised at Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11

Again, sorry for the mess up as it was not on purpose. Have a good day ! :)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sorry ChristineM for the mess up.

No problem, it happens

between Atomic Energy the draw back is the Atomic Bomb.

Other way round atomic energy comes from the development of the atomic bomb

Not all scientists have the same morals.

Nor have all religious people. Of the 5 times ive been seriously hurt in my life (excluding a botched operation) the perpetrators were all Christian

Without harmony there can't be harmony.

D'oh!!!

Scientists can't stop crime......etc.

Nor can religion, compared to national averages, a higher percentage of religious are in prison than non religious

Known science can't stop those merchants.

Nor fan religion, many are in fact religious

Yes, weigh the benefits and there is a BIG gap between what the fake 'weed/tares' Christendom teaches ( take sides with war for example ) and what we can really learn from Jesus' teachings remaining neutral.

More wars and deaths from war have been caused by religion than any other single cause.

Man has brought ruin to Earth and there will be an end to those who bring ruin to earth

Note that the vast majority of people for the last 10,000 years or so have been religious.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The arch of Titus was built after Titus death, i.e. after the Jewish rebellion was subdued and the temple was destroyed. Mentioning something after the event is not prophecy but history. Sorry you don't like facts but... Wait a moment, im not sorry at all.
Of course the Arch of Titus was built ' after ' the event.
The event, so to speak is what Jesus spoke at Luke 19:43-44.
In the year 66 Jesus' followers left un-faithful Jerusalem for Pella.
So, by the year 70 there were No faithful followers of Jesus left in the city.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No problem, it happens
Other way round atomic energy comes from the development of the atomic bomb
Nor have all religious people. Of the 5 times ive been seriously hurt in my life (excluding a botched operation) the perpetrators were all Christian D'oh!!!
Nor can religion, compared to national averages, a higher percentage of religious are in prison than non religious
Nor fan religion, many are in fact religious
More wars and deaths from war have been caused by religion than any other single cause.
Note that the vast majority of people for the last 10,000 years or so have been religious.

I think in a way you are championing what I am saying regarding the so-called religious.
Because of the majority is why Jesus warned about the MANY (aka majority) at Matthew 7:21-23
Remember: More on the wide road, the broad way than the narrow path.

I was dismissed by many doctors who I would think of as at least so-called Christians.
A non-Christian finally came to my rescue in the emergency room.
The emergency room doctor wanted to discharge me, but Dr. Patel had an inquiring mind and wanted to know what was going on, otherwise I don't think we'd be corresponding.

So, sorry to hear about your being seriously hurt, may that never happen to you again.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Most scholars believe the Matthew was composed between AD 80 and 90.
Luke around the same time
I.e. after the event

And it was common knowledge that rome did not tolerate descent.
Most scholars believe the Matthew was composed between AD 80 and 90.
Luke around the same time
I.e. after the event

And it was common knowledge that rome did not tolerate descent.
In the meantime, nothing in the gospel account shows the actual invasion. Only the prophetic warning from Jesus.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course the Arch of Titus was built ' after ' the event.
The event, so to speak is what Jesus spoke at Luke 19:43-44.
In the year 66 Jesus' followers left un-faithful Jerusalem for Pella.
So, by the year 70 there were No faithful followers of Jesus left in the city.

Good story. Written after the event, most biblical scholars agree on this

You trust the dates given were what you want them to be.

I trust that the dates given were convenient to raise the mysticism for the book

YoursTrue

@URAVIP2ME

As does religion, the thing is weigh the benefits.

Religion takes is as what i believe to be true

And I am going to mention that no turtle, gorillas (one of mankind's "closest" dna associate) etc., have developed the internet, medical schools and desire to figure out gravity.

ChristineM

Premium Member
And I am going to mention that no turtle, gorillas (one of mankind's "closest" dna associate) etc., have developed the internet, medical schools and desire to figure out gravity.

Perhaps they have more sense.

YoursTrue

But in history the attack on jewish terrorism is well documented.
Not sure exactly what you're talking about, but if you're talking about what I THINK you're talking about, I'll say that the "Old Testament" itself has many accounts (prior to the advent of the Messiah) of unfaithful Israel, as well as those that were faithful. When times were peaceful, when they appealed to Jehovah, and when Jehovah got really upset with them. Regardless of what anyone says, there are many different gods, you already know that, Israel was bonded, according to the historical account, to 'their' God, the one that Moses had communicated with. You wanna declare it's all fiction? I no longer do. Are there things I can't explain? Yes, for sure. But there are signals that ascertain the truthfulness of the history as written? Yes, also, for sure. I won't go into them now.
Oh, and another thing: do I think religion has been a force for good or bad for mankind? That's an interesting question. Short of answering it briefly, I will say that when Adam and Eve were created by God, they were given instruction by God. There was one commandment they were told not to do. I think you know what that is by now. They didn't listen. And I was thinking recently that when they knew they were going to die (as evolutionists probably do), they didn't say, "No! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I don't want to die!" They died without objecting to the sentence or asking for mercy. And that in itself is an interesting point, ChristineM.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not sure exactly what you're talking about, but if you're talking about what I THINK you're talking about, I'll say that the "Old Testament" itself has many accounts (prior to the advent of the Messiah) of unfaithful Israel, as well as those that were faithful. When times were peaceful, when they appealed to Jehovah, and when Jehovah got really upset with them. Regardless of what anyone says, there are many different gods, you already know that, Israel was bonded, according to the historical account, to 'their' God, the one that Moses had communicated with. You wanna declare it's all fiction? I no longer do. Are there things I can't explain? Yes, for sure. But there are signals that ascertain the truthfulness of the history as written? Yes, also, for sure. I won't go into them now.
Oh, and another thing: do I think religion has been a force for good or bad for mankind? That's an interesting question. Short of answering it briefly, I will say that when Adam and Eve were created by God, they were given instruction by God. There was one commandment they were told not to do. I think you know what that is by now. They didn't listen. And I was thinking recently that when they knew they were going to die (as evolutionists probably do), they didn't say, "No! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I don't want to die!" They died without objecting to the sentence or asking for mercy. And that in itself is an interesting point, ChristineM.

Many different god briefs, not different gods.

That's not really an answer, it just you belief about a myth

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't say, bible scholars say roughly 85ad +/- 5/10 years do between 75 and 90ad
Since the late 60's early 70's I came to realize after speaking to a NYC Columbia U. student that for each 'lettered person' (scholars) one can find one scholar with letters after his name, one can also find another scholar with letters after his name but saying something different.
I've also had experience with persons with the letters M.D. after their names.
I find some people think M.D. stands for: Medical Deity
And if you disagree it is as if you bring tarnish on those letters instead of the truth of the matter.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Since the late 60's early 70's I came to realize after speaking to a NYC Columbia U. student that for each 'lettered person' (scholars) one can find one scholar with letters after his name, one can also find another scholar with letters after his name but saying something different.
I've also had experience with persons with the letters M.D. after their names.
I find some people think M.D. stands for: Medical Deity
And if you disagree it is as if you bring tarnish on those letters instead of the truth of the matter.

Ok so the experts are wrong and you are right. There is no point in continuing

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And I am going to mention that no turtle,..... have developed the internet, medical schools and desire to figure out gravity.

Side note: The symbol for the Delaware Indians (Native Americans) was the turtle.
No turtle got rid of those Delaware Native Americans but enemy man did.
How true the words that MAN has dominated MAN to MAN's hurt, MAN's injury - Ecclesiastes 8:9
So, whether with scientific men, medical men, etc. none can bring 'healing' to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ok so the experts are wrong and you are right. There is no point in continuing
I find medical doctors are Not always experts, but that does not mean I am always right.
Back in the 60's Jacques Cousteau ( if I recall right ) mentioned something like by the year 2000 earth's oceans would be too polluted to support life.
One lettered person, again back in the 60's, I read he said by the middle 1970's there would be earth-wide famine.
So, just being an expert does Not have to mean they are all wrong but surely at times can be.