• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's just explore the difference...

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
5ZrJpjO.jpg

I6yFLDL.jpg

olIiYEY.jpg
OL2GEnC.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Me, I see the same old violent Black Lives Matter anarchists and freedom loving, red-blooded patriots. So what's new about these photos? Anything I should be looking for?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, there's some common ground no doubt.

Although admittedly, thats not what I was hoping for.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The guy in the fake viking gear. I wonder if he wears the same thing to the football games? It's all about entertainment, right? I mean, the importance of the country. Nothing to take seriously. Politics is just a game, a sport.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It is heartbreaking, and for me, always has been.

When I was very young, I never knew a black person, not my fault, there just weren't any around where I was. The first black man I ever knew was a professional in a home for emotionally disturbed children in Ottawa, when I was 10. (Yes, having been almost killed by my step-father twice before I was 7, and beaten into hospital many times, I was messed up.)

The first really strong interaction I had with this counsellor was when I was having a 50 megaton meltdown, and sent to the detention room (if anybody asks, I'll explain about that -- it's better than it sounds). He was there to help me, and I farted in his face. Guess what? He farted in mine, too, and asked me how I liked it. I was absolutely incensed. We had a good relationship after that, for reasons I can't begin to describe.

Later, at a boarding school run by Quakers, I had several friends who were black. I admit, it was still sort of new to me, but the atmosphere was one of mutual acceptance, and eventually it rubbed off on me.

Now, I am one of the great celebrators of every culture, every race. I love ethnic street festivals (especially the food!). I work with people today, and in an office of 30 people, I am one of the only 3 whites. And I like it.

I don't know how I got here, really. I was never all that self-reflective about it. But for the same reason, I don't understand hate, either.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It seems a bad idea to invite responses to your comparison.
At best you'll just find a competition of bad examples.
I find it is difficult to ignore the obvious difference between the two events.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I find it is difficult to ignore the obvious difference between the two events.
There certainly are.
But you might find similarities that are uncomfortable & polarizing.
Instead, we'd be better off seeking common ground, eg, the 25th
Amendment being seriously considered by more than just the left.