• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less than 6% Of Biden's Spending Plan Goes To Roads and Bridges

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Seem's that the current administration is blowing smoke.
But that's Ok, the sheeple will overlook their hero's little misrepresentation

Biden's $2T spending plan, billed as infrastructure bill, spends less than half on infrastructure

The analysis, based on the 25-page summary of the president's proposal for the "American Jobs Plan," indicates less than $750 billion of the spending fits even a broad definition of infrastructure.
The White House is casting a very wide net about what constitutes infrastructure — for example, the American Jobs Plan references "care infrastructure" when talking about $25 billion to upgrade child care facilities and a $400 billion expenditure on care for the elderly and disabled. That's quite different from repairing potholes and rebuilding bridges.
Indeed, the White House summary of the American Jobs Plan says it will spend "$115 billion to modernize the bridges, highways, roads, and main streets that are in most critical need of repair" out of more than $2 trillion in the plan. That is slightly under 6%.

What Is in Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan?

$621 billion for transportation infrastructure
Of this money, $115 billion would go toward modernizing 20,000 miles of highways, roads, and main streets nationwide and repairing the “most economically significant large bridges” as well as 10,000 smaller bridges. That amount includes funding for decreasing congestion and reducing carbon emissions and air pollution. Additionally, $20 billion would be invested to improve road safety. The plan would invest $85 billion in order to modernize existing transit and expand those systems to meet rider demand, and $80 billion would go toward improving Amtrak’s corridors and addressing its backlog of repairs.
Do you think he is not spending enough, or that he is spending too much on transportation infrastructure?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since when is "infrastructure" just roads and bridges?

Pipe, ports, airports, internet are all infrastructure to me.

"There’s also $300 billion to revive U.S. manufacturing," - that to me is competitive infrastructure.

So where's the Republican counter-proposal? Crickets time. All I can hear is whining and chanting - NO NO NO NO NO Let the country fall apart - we don't care and proved it in the past 4 years by not doing anything for infrastructure. All the right cares about is passing Jim Crow laws to stay in power.
Ditto on all the above.

By chance, did you misread or misinterpret what I posted, especially relating to the first item?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Obviously what the Biden administration was suppose to do was declare that it is “infrastructure week” and then proceed to do absolutely nothing about it. And repeat that as often as necessary.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So where's the Republican counter-proposal? Crickets time. All I can hear is whining and chanting - NO NO NO NO NO Let the country fall apart - we don't care and proved it in the past 4 years by not doing anything for infrastructure. All the right cares about is passing Jim Crow laws to stay in power.
You forgot sowing hatred, confusion, and fear.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And don't forget, even Trump himself said the economy does better under Democrats. This is how. Hire people for needed tasks and assignments and put them to work. More people end up with more money, which means more of that great American past time of shopping and spending money.

esmith

Veteran Member
Since when is "infrastructure" just roads and bridges?

Pipe, ports, airports, internet are all infrastructure to me.

"There’s also $300 billion to revive U.S. manufacturing," - that to me is competitive infrastructure.

Problem where their ideas for Biden's covid stimulus went, or should say didn't go.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nah, because the economy does tend to better under Dems. Bill and Barrack especially.
Does it really? It recovered greatly under Reagan after Carter.
It got better under Trump after Biden...til the plague hit us.
But it's folly to attribute economic performance to the current
President. There are so many factors affecting the economy,
eg, phase lag of policies (ie, delays), Congress, stochastic
behavior.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Problem where their ideas for Biden's covid stimulus went, or should say didn't go.
There's supposedly a number of senators from both parties that are trying to work on a compromise.

And given how McConnell carefully torpedoed everything during President Obama's time in office, I have no reason to believe that he and his colleagues are really interested in anything but the next election.

What I see is "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Now if McConnell is really interested in trying to work something out, he should say so and make specific proposals rather than continuing "no no no no".

And to have right wing media pretending that infrastructure only means roads and bridges and not the electrical grid, lead pipes, ports and so forth leave me extremely skeptical that McConnell is interested in a deal of any sort.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You weren't around when Reagan was in office.
The "Carter malaise" ended.

Great....now you're quoting Trump as a fact source.
I cited Forbes.
And I wasn't around during the 15th century either, but I know a great deal of what can factually be known about Vlad Dracul III. I wasn't around for Church History as it happened, but I was pulling from it for a thread today. Nor was I around for McCarthyism, but I can still write a dissertation about how it violated numerous constitutional rights.
And in this case, it's not me saying it, but someone else. So go tell the 77 year old author he wasn't around for Carter and Reagan.
And, yes, I was actually around while Reagan was still in office.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I cited Forbes.
And I wasn't around during the 15th century either, but I know a great deal of what can factually be known about Vlad Dracul III. I wasn't around for Church History as it happened, but I was pulling from it for a thread today. Nor was I around for McCarthyism, but I can still write a dissertation about how it violated numerous constitutional rights.
And in this case, it's not me saying it, but someone else. So go tell the 77 year old author he wasn't around for Carter and Reagan.
And, yes, I was actually around while Reagan was still in office.
How so you explain improving economies when the cited
Republican Presidents replaced Democrats? This appears
to disprove Trump's (& your) claim.
But isn't the best disproof that you agree with Trump?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How so you explain improving economies when the cited
Republican Presidents replaced Democrats? This appears
to disprove Trump's (& your) claim.
But isn't the best disproof that you agree with Trump?
Trump continued what Obama began, and didn't actually really do any better. The only thing he did do better was the stock market, but that doesn't translate into gains for the average citizen.
And overall, Clinton tends to soar above the rest in terms of economic performance.

Trump vs. Obama: Who has the better record on the U.S. economy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump continued what Obama began, and didn't actually really do any better. The only thing he did do better was the stock market, but that doesn't translate into gains for the average citizen.
And overall, Clinton tends to soar above the rest in terms of economic performance.

Trump vs. Obama: Who has the better record on the U.S. economy?
Much more than the stock market improved.
(I don't see that as the economy anyway.)
And you just admitted that the economy was better
under Trump. BTW, don't forget Reagan. You say
you were around then...you should've noticed.

You're defending a claim by Trump!
Hmmm...for your next birthday.....
R1ae8bd109648628863fd9cdb62e895ac

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're defending a claim by Trump!
I also agreed with him about foreign military stuff. What of it? Mitch Daniels is another of my least favorite politicians, and I praised him being first governor in America to tell Westborrow Baptist Church they cannot protest a funeral and be anywhere near a funeral home or cemetery; if they're going to do it they have to go do it far away and out of sight and sound of the grieving.
Pull!
1D3M2071_156696762_243870551-630x420.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Seem's that the current administration is blowing smoke.
But that's Ok, the sheeple will overlook their hero's little misrepresentation

Biden's $2T spending plan, billed as infrastructure bill, spends less than half on infrastructure

The analysis, based on the 25-page summary of the president's proposal for the "American Jobs Plan," indicates less than $750 billion of the spending fits even a broad definition of infrastructure.
The White House is casting a very wide net about what constitutes infrastructure — for example, the American Jobs Plan references "care infrastructure" when talking about $25 billion to upgrade child care facilities and a $400 billion expenditure on care for the elderly and disabled. That's quite different from repairing potholes and rebuilding bridges.
Indeed, the White House summary of the American Jobs Plan says it will spend "$115 billion to modernize the bridges, highways, roads, and main streets that are in most critical need of repair" out of more than $2 trillion in the plan. That is slightly under 6%.

What Is in Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan?

$621 billion for transportation infrastructure
Of this money, $115 billion would go toward modernizing 20,000 miles of highways, roads, and main streets nationwide and repairing the “most economically significant large bridges” as well as 10,000 smaller bridges. That amount includes funding for decreasing congestion and reducing carbon emissions and air pollution. Additionally, $20 billion would be invested to improve road safety. The plan would invest $85 billion in order to modernize existing transit and expand those systems to meet rider demand, and $80 billion would go toward improving Amtrak’s corridors and addressing its backlog of repairs.
Roads and bridges, the golden phrase of choice for vaugly defined political pork plans nationwide for all decerning politictions!

In business for countless generations, a phrase you can trust. Order your new roads and bridges now, before someone else does!