• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lab Grown Food

InChrist

Free4ever
How would not eating meat lead to suffering among animal populations?
It’s the chemical laden fake lab grown meat which I’m referring to that could lead to damaging overall human health and cause further suffering for animals by contaminating the environment. Certainly, if lab meat becomes the thing it will be used for pet food for dogs and cats and zoo animals.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It’s the chemical laden fake lab grown meat which I’m referring to that could lead to damaging overall human health and cause further suffering for animals by contaminating the environment.
Which chemicals are used and how are they harmful to the environment?

Certainly, if lab meat becomes the thing it will be used for pet food for dogs and cats and zoo animals.
And how with the lab meat harm these animals? Please include peer reviewed studies in your response.

InChrist

Free4ever
What is synbio milk?

Synbio milk stands for synthetic biology.
It’s synthetic, genetically engineered “milk”.

Synthetic dairy products, including milk made from genetically engineered yeast, are being touted as environmentally friendly health foods that should replace real milk from cows and other animals
 Along with missing important micronutrients that are abundant in real milk, fake milk contains compounds that have never before existed in the human diet
 Ninety-two mysterious, unknown compounds were detected in the fake milk that don’t exist in real milk
 None of these compounds have been tested for safety by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
 Tech oligarchs and venture capitalists are funding most fake food technologies, which gives globalists unprecedented power and control over human health”

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Synthetic dairy products, including milk made from genetically engineered yeast, are being touted as environmentally friendly health foods that should replace real milk from cows and other animals
 Along with missing important micronutrients that are abundant in real milk, fake milk contains compounds that have never before existed in the human diet
 Ninety-two mysterious, unknown compounds were detected in the fake milk that don’t exist in real milk
 None of these compounds have been tested for safety by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
 Tech oligarchs and venture capitalists are funding most fake food technologies, which gives globalists unprecedented power and control over human health”

Thanks. I couldn't find much on the internet and what I could seemed to be US only. Not seen it in the UK. It seems odd to me when there's already well established plant milks on the market (almond, soya, hazelnut, hemp, oat, rice....)

InChrist

Free4ever
Which chemicals are used and how are they harmful to the environment?

And how with the lab meat harm these animals? Please include peer reviewed studies in your response.
Here is the process for making lab meat. Let me know if it sounds healthy or humane to you…

How Biotech Grows Meat in Labs

To make fake meat, cell lines are taken from a living organism. They’re then manipulated to grow quickly and consistently. "What are cells that proliferate quickly? Either cancers or fetuses. They have cells that proliferate very quickly," van Hamelen says.4 For lab- grown meats, biotech is cryptic about what types of cell lines are actually used.
Normally, cells grow in a structure in your body. The cell lines being grown in bioreactors in labs are grown in a thin film or growth medium. In the body, the growth medium is your blood, van Hamelen explains, a complex substance that laboratories try to replicate using fetal bovine serum (FBS) — blood taken from living calf fetuses.
"It’s really gruesome how this is harvested," she says,5 pointing out that this negates the narrative that lab-grown meats are made without animals. FBS is often used to grow cultured cells because of the proteins and vitamins it contains. A 2013 study stated, "In many common culture media, the sole source of micronutrients is fetal bovine serum (FBS) ..."6
When lab-grown chicken made by U.S. startup Eat Just debuted in Singapore in 2020 — marking the first cultured meat to be sold at a restaurant7 — it was produced using FBS.
In order to develop synthetic "blood" instead, precision fermentation, using genetically engineered microbes, is used, along with artificial hormones, which can’t legally be added to food in the European Union. Micronutrients and minerals must also be sourced, making the process "insanely expensive," van Hamelen says.8

If I find any peer reviewed studies, I’ll link them. At this point the FDA doesn’t seem to care about safety checks or peer reviews

InChrist

Free4ever
Thanks. I couldn't find much on the internet and what I could seemed to be US only. Not seen it in the UK. It seems odd to me when there's already well established plant milks on the market (almond, soya, hazelnut, hemp, oat, rice....)
I agree, there are plenty of healthy alternative milk choices.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Here is the process for making lab meat. Let me know if it sounds healthy or humane to you…

To make fake meat, cell lines are taken from a living organism. They’re then manipulated to grow quickly and consistently. "What are cells that proliferate quickly? Either cancers or fetuses. They have cells that proliferate very quickly," van Hamelen says.4 For lab- grown meats, biotech is cryptic about what types of cell lines are actually used.
Normally, cells grow in a structure in your body. The cell lines being grown in bioreactors in labs are grown in a thin film or growth medium. In the body, the growth medium is your blood, van Hamelen explains, a complex substance that laboratories try to replicate using fetal bovine serum (FBS) — blood taken from living calf fetuses.
"It’s really gruesome how this is harvested," she says,5 pointing out that this negates the narrative that lab-grown meats are made without animals. FBS is often used to grow cultured cells because of the proteins and vitamins it contains. A 2013 study stated, "In many common culture media, the sole source of micronutrients is fetal bovine serum (FBS) ..."6
When lab-grown chicken made by U.S. startup Eat Just debuted in Singapore in 2020 — marking the first cultured meat to be sold at a restaurant7 — it was produced using FBS.
In order to develop synthetic "blood" instead, precision fermentation, using genetically engineered microbes, is used, along with artificial hormones, which can’t legally be added to food in the European Union. Micronutrients and minerals must also be sourced, making the process "insanely expensive," van Hamelen says.8

If I find any peer reviewed studies, I’ll link them. At this point the FDA doesn’t seem to care about safety checks or peer reviews
We already discussed the integrity of Mercola earlier in the thread.

All you have is conjecture and statements from a charlatan.

Feel free to come back here when you have something of substance.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
See Post#4

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It’s the chemical laden fake lab grown meat which I’m referring to that could lead to damaging overall human health and cause further suffering for animals by contaminating the environment. Certainly, if lab meat becomes the thing it will be used for pet food for dogs and cats and zoo animals.
It's not fake lab meat.

It's the real deal since this is from the actual cells from the animal so there is absolutely nothing fake about any of this.

Just wanted to clarify.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Do you get paid per link to his content?

Personally, I find it difficult to trust the word of a confirmed liar for profit.

Twilight Hue

Here is a more better explanation on how cultured meat is made listed live science and Nature, a peer reviewed legit source......

Lab-grown meat: How it's made, sustainability and nutrition

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

The article is behind a pay wall. Can you give a synopsis here?
Yeah I should have mentioned that.

I'm not registered with Nature , so it's just as frustrating. I didn't realize that until I reviewed the link , but I wanted to keep it there because for those who are really interested you can lease the article for a couple of bucks.

I personally trust the science anyways. I could probably go to a university get some more details for find a good site from a university without a paywall to go through.

I'm a little frustrated with Nature for that, as the number of their articles are not behind paywalls so I'm hoping eventually over time that will be removed on this particular article but I kept the link here because it's still a great site if you're willing to sacrifice a couple of bucks to read it.

Twilight Hue

Well you're not completely off with that synopsis.

You have to remember that this was the early stages of culture meat research. Since then there have been quite a few advancements in the use of synthetic alternatives. It's not totally there yet, but there are advances being made were the meat won't require FBS from pregnant cows or the prohibitive cost of using synthetics to produce the meat.

The process however has improved since the early days of the research and is looking on track to become much cheaper, definitely safer and more affordable for Market retail sale.

There a vid on YouTube that explains your concerns and gives the straight skinny and what's involved, but it also states that advancements have been made and that eventually this wiwill realistically become a viable and usable biotechnology that will feed a lot of people in the far future when populations will exceed sustainability and have negligible impacts on the environment I like they do now.

Here's that vid if you're interested, or anybody else who would care to see it. I found it interesting personally.

InChrist

Free4ever

I don’t happen to agree with your opinion concerning Mercola.

InChrist

Free4ever
Well you're not completely off with that synopsis.

You have to remember that this was the early stages of culture meat research. Since then there have been quite a few advancements in the use of synthetic alternatives. It's not totally there yet, but there are advances being made were the meat won't require FBS from pregnant cows or the prohibitive cost of using synthetics to produce the meat.

The process however has improved since the early days of the research and is looking on track to become much cheaper, definitely safer and more affordable for Market retail sale.

There a vid on YouTube that explains your concerns and gives the straight skinny and what's involved, but it also states that advancements have been made and that eventually this wiwill realistically become a viable and usable biotechnology that will feed a lot of people in the far future when populations will exceed sustainability and have negligible impacts on the environment I like they do now.

Here's that vid if you're interested, or anybody else who would care to see it. I found it interesting personally.
Thanks, I’ll watch when I get a chance.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Which chemicals are you referring to?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

You were asked to provide a chemical that is present that "could lead to damaging overall human health and cause further suffering for animals by contaminating the environment."

"Ninety two mysterious, unknown compounds" is about as vague and uninformative as it gets.

InChrist

Free4ever
The website alone should be a giant tip-off. It's covered in ads hocking unproven "natural" remedies and such.
Tell that to the many who have experienced better health and relief from the detrimental side effects of pharmaceutical drugs by switching to “unproven natural remedies “.