• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Killing IS justified

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Nature will take care of overcrowding, eventually.
And Nature will do it ruthlessly.
And Nature can't be killed.

It will, but how much overcrowding and how much suffering before nature intervenes
It will, no mercy
I certainly hope not or we will be in serious trouble

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The title to this thread is my proposition.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Prove it.

If I felt my life was in danger or someone else's life was in danger and there was no other way to prevent the loss of life.

How would I prove it?

If the in those circumstances, any rational person would fear the loss of life.

Keeping in mind this rules out the death penalty for me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nature can never be killed, it can only be changed.
If nature means life on Earth then you know it can be killed. Don't you? I always say that if you believe something isn't wrong then you can't get rid of the wrong. It is wrong how people are killing nature.

Jeremiah Ames

No as I am an individual and those are acts of governments.

Nope as you are inject premeditation and knowledge of an attack. I do not have the CIA nor can read minds. All the data I have is "I am being attacked due to no cause created by me"

As they are in the process of assaulting me? Dumb question.

I never said that.

My life..... Is this subject too complex for you?

The complexity is the subject itself, which you try to boil down to your simplistic self centered desires and ideas.

Just what I see. No offense meant. Please don’t shoot me.

InChrist

Free4ever
I am a god therefore is is morally correct that i am justified in killing anyone and everyone because i am a god.

Actually doesn't make sense to me but it is essentially the reason i was given for the godly atrocities of the bible.
If you are referring to our discussion, there is a little more to it which you prefer to ignore.

Although, the God who created heaven and earth and all life does have the right to end life this God is emphatically declared to be holy, loving, wise, merciful, compassion, patient, kind and does all things in line with righteousness and justice. Any 'killing" would have to then line up with His character which would not allow for random, capricious killing or murder as you repeated charge, since God has clearly stated that murder is against His Being, His will.

Jeremiah Ames

I read it because i wanted to understand what made christians (those i knew at least) such nasty b***ards. Expanding my knowledge so to speak.

Also, I couldn’t figure out why so many Christians were such ‘nasty b****ards’ either. I tried so many churches, and got more and more baffled. Then after extensive reading of the Bible I found the answer. It happens to be exactly the same thing that makes non-Christians such ‘nasty b****ards’. And there is a clue to the answer in this thread.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I’m still looking for an actual proof.
I think it is proof enough that if nobody ever died in any wars or conflicts that by now the human race would not exist. A planet over-crowded. Past deaths have helped you and me live a decent life with enough of everything. I realize that not everyone has enough and that is the proof.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, I couldn’t figure out why so many Christians were such ‘nasty b****ards’ either. I tried so many churches, and got more and more baffled. Then after extensive reading of the Bible I found the answer. It happens to be exactly the same thing that makes non-Christians such ‘nasty b****ards’. And there is a clue to the answer in this thread.
Self-righteousness is my guess.

Jeremiah Ames

If you are referring to our discussion, there is a little more to it which you prefer to ignore.

Although, the God who created heaven and earth and all life does have the right to end life this God is emphatically declared to be holy, loving, wise, merciful, compassion, patient, kind and does all things in line with righteousness and justice. Any 'killing" would have to then line up with His character which would not allow for random, capricious killing or murder as you repeated charge, since God has clearly stated that murder is against His Being, His will.

Oops.

This makes no logical sense to me.

You speak of the God created by religion.

The God of the Bible does not kill or punish.

It’s ok to think the way you do though. It’s the perception of God that is held by the vast majority of humanity.

Something to do with the ‘wide path’ that most will follow, I would suspect.

Jeremiah Ames

Self-righteousness is my guess.

I was going to add that to my post, but decided not to.
I’m glad you stated it.

That’s the problem with those who are focused on their religion. They think and do the exact same evils (sins) that everyone else does, but they add self righteousness to the list.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Only by you and those like you, the bible and life though tell different stories

Loving and wise yet when he designed his masterpiece it was faulty.

Merciful and compassionate? Have you ever seen a child dying of leukemia?

Patient and kind? How patient and kind was he with the firstborn of egypt?

And it seems hes a hypocrite too by saying thou shalt not kill while killing the world population.

You can excuse the bible stories all you like, it wont make it right

Jeremiah Ames

Hilarious distortion of protecting one's life from ending.

I advise getting glasses then,

Wow.

You remind me of the old saying about getting rid of the shovel.

Oh well.

Just curious here. Are you assuming YOUR life is not going to end?

Jeremiah Ames

So you consider self-defense "murder?" Is the death penalty (basically societal-defense for extreme cases) also murder? Because if so, I can tell you - from my perspective - protecting the innocent and well-meaning among us from a criminal willing to take their lives is definitely worth it.

Boo.

No proof again.

Just your own self focused ideas about right and wrong.

But that’s ok.

You have a lot of company.

InChrist

Free4ever
Oops.

This makes no logical sense to me.

You speak of the God created by religion.

The God of the Bible does not kill or punish.

It’s ok to think the way you do though. It’s the perception of God that is held by the vast majority of humanity.

Something to do with the ‘wide path’ that most will follow, I would suspect.
If the God of the Bible does not eliminate, punish or deal with evil at some point and lets it go on for eternity, then this god you speak of is an enabler of evil, abuse and an evil being. But that is not the God I see revealed in the scriptures.