• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Killing IS justified

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The title to this thread is my proposition.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Prove it.

I am a god therefore is is morally correct that i am justified in killing anyone and everyone because i am a god.

Actually doesn't make sense to me but it is essentially the reason i was given for the godly atrocities of the bible.

Jeremiah Ames

I am a god therefore is is morally correct that i am justified in killing anyone and everyone because i am a god.

Actually doesn't make sense to me but it is essentially the reason i was given for the godly atrocities of the bible.

Lol.

Actually, that’s not really a proof.

But it does make me smile.

My thoughts:

You state that it doesn’t make sense to you, so from that I conclude that you are a rational thinking person.

Then you state that you were given this insane concept of God, evidently from other people somewhere. (Probably not on RF)

I conclude from that statement, that you were listening to someone who is NOT rational and thinking.

imo

Jeremiah Ames

Self-defence in what circumstances?

Could you describe a scenario?

Indeed, a lot is missing from that answer of his.

Let’s examine the self defense thing.

Judge: Why did you kill Joe?

Jim: It was self defense. He was going to kill me.

Judge: How do you know that?

Jim: Because he was pointing a gun at me.

Judge: Was it loaded?

Jim: Why is that relevant?

Etc etc.

Shad

Veteran Member
If you would actually provide proof, it may be a bit more challenging.

Proof is contained in the answer. You just do not accept it.

That simple sentence would not suffice in a courtroom.

That is a scenario and meeting a burden of evidence in a court system not merely a justification.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I am attacked but can not escape my attacker nor is external aid present.

How were you attacked?
'Attacked' can mean that some drunk took a swing at you.
Attacked can mean that somebody waved a bit of glass at you and said they would hurt you.

No.......... you need to be in truly deadly danger to intentionally kill anybody.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Lol.

Actually, that’s not really a proof.

But it does make me smile.

My thoughts:

You state that it doesn’t make sense to you, so from that I conclude that you are a rational thinking person.

Then you state that you were given this insane concept of God, evidently from other people somewhere. (Probably not on RF)

I conclude from that statement, that you were listening to someone who is NOT rational and thinking.

imo

I was debating a christian.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Indeed, a lot is missing from that answer of his.
Yep.
In a recent thread about guns a recording of a 911 call was recorded where several slow gunshots could be heard before the caller reported that an intruder was dead. That's murder, because (in all probability) the intruder was disabled after the first shot.

Some gun-nuts just can't wait to shoot somebody and be a 'hero'.

Jeremiah Ames

How were you attacked?
'Attacked' can mean that some drunk took a swing at you.
Attacked can mean that somebody waved a bit of glass at you and said they would hurt you.

No.......... you need to be in truly deadly danger to intentionally kill anybody.

He just doesn’t get it. And nothing anyone can say will change that.

Shad

Veteran Member
How were you attacked?

Assault with no provocation from me. IE someone trying to murder me, someone using violence against me be it a weapon or body, robbery, and kidnapping. At least that is what I can think of at the moment.

That is a threat not an attack.

I am not a mind reader so I am not obligated to figure out the intent of the person assaulting me nor am I going to pause for consideration of whether this is a beating or attempting to kill me.

Last edited: