• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids Who Remember Their Past Lives

Milton Platt

I agree. I do not assert these are genuine reincarnation memories and that there are souls but rather I say that after full consideration of everything from all sides that there are most probably souls and genuine cases of childhood reincarnation memories.

Before you can conclude that these are the results of "souls" you must first demonstrate that such things exist. That which does not exist cannot be the cause of anything.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Every soul would have a first incarnation on the physical plane. As I said the existence of souls precedes their first physical incarnation.

So then, how could anybody realize if he/she were a "first incarnated soul" or "reincarnated soul"?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Before you can conclude that these are the results of "souls" you must first demonstrate that such things exist. That which does not exist cannot be the cause of anything.
If you notice I never claimed 'demonstrable proof' but rather was discussing that I use best probable reasoning.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
probability matters.

No, it really doesn't. Not when you're talking about people's beliefs.

But since this isn't a debate forum, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

letters are symbols used to make words. assertions do not assemble into explanations. proper explanations rest upon sound evidence, not assertions.

Maybe start a thread about this in one of the debate forums, or post a lecture in Journals (?)

Milton Platt

No, it really doesn't. Not when you're talking about people's beliefs.

But since this isn't a debate forum, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Maybe start a thread about this in one of the debate forums, or post a lecture in Journals (?)

Yeah, this is in the "paranormal activities" section. I didn't notice that before....thanks.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Why would it be probable that souls are responsible for these phenomena when they have not been shown to exist?
Souls are part of the claimed observations and insight of those spiritual masters who claim perception and sensitivity to that which is beyond the physical. In combination with my study of the paranormal, the views presented constitute the most reasonable (probable) understanding I have heard.

Other views like the materialist view require too much denial of so-called paranormal and spiritual phenomena to be most probable to my reasoning.

Milton Platt

Souls are part of the claimed observations and insight of those spiritual masters who claim perception and sensitivity to that which is beyond the physical. In combination with my study of the paranormal, the views presented constitute the most reasonable (probable) understanding I have heard.

Other views like the materialist view require too much denial of so-called paranormal and spiritual phenomena to be most probable to my reasoning.
No denial of phenomena, just disbelief of assertions about the cause which have no evidence to support them. But no matter, George.....I just noticed that this thread is under the "Paranormal activities" heading. This is probably not the place for me to argue for evidence.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
In a universe where the number of living beings is increasing, there'd not have been enough previous individual living beings in prior generations from which the number of current living beings could all have been reincarnated. ....:rolleyes:

Is the number of "living" beings increasing? On Earth sure, what about elsewhere? What counts as a life anyways? Is single cell amoebas reincarnatable? There are an awful lot of those.