1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids Who Remember Their Past Lives

Discussion in 'Paranormal Activities' started by Quagmire, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Quagmire

Quagmire Imaginary talking monkey
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,800
    Religion:
    I am not an athiest.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Religion:
    diversity
    I believe in reincarnation. So, the video is not a surprise to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,037
    If you are going to claim to remember a past life, then stay the H--- away from shrinks. None of us can know the claim is false. There being no bounds to human arrogance, many will scoff...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Salvador

Salvador RF's Swedenborgian

Ratings:
    +1,192
    Religion:
    Swedenborgianism
    In a universe where the number of living beings is increasing, there'd not have been enough previous individual living beings in prior generations from which the number of current living beings could all have been reincarnated. ....:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13,388
    Religion:
    Love
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13,388
    Religion:
    Love
  7. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,649
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    I'm still a major skeptic.

I mean, tell me what significant thing you remember that you did on that one particular day when you were five years old, or what was discussed exactly one year ago from today?

Yet a person can retain memories of former life events that happened perhaps eons ago ?

Most people can't remember their own birth when they left the womb.

You would think things like languages would have been uttered by the newborns right at the moment where they are physically able to vocalize, rather than as older kids years down the road where they could have picked up things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jumi

Jumi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,457
    Religion:
    Secular theist (none)
    I don't know about it. In my beliefs it doesn't matter if there is another life or not. You will not be yourself either way if you drink from the well of forgetfulness.

9. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +697
    Religion:
    Christian
    I see things as more linear. I also believe in forgiveness and resurrection.

"Man is appointed until death and then comes judgement" Hebrews 9:27

In the Biblical case, God is the judge. There is no personal judge for karma. The karmic laws requiring a super person where the laws are taken as impersonal which seems inconsistent to me
    https://www.equip.org/article/logical-biblical-defeaters-reincarnation-karma/

10. Salvador

Salvador RF's Swedenborgian

Ratings:
    +1,192
    Religion:
    Swedenborgianism
    Would anybody who believes reincarnation please explain to me how reincarnation could reconcile the difference between there having been fewer past lives from which the number of current lives could have been reincarnated?

11. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12,273
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    New souls are being emanated all the time... or some of the souls were previously in animal bodies, or the time between births is getting smaller. There are explanations.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. whirlingmerc

whirlingmerc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +697
    Religion:
    Christian
    There seems to be an assumption that you work out your salvation in reincarnation
    pulling yourself up by your bootstraps in a sense but what is the engine of righteousness that lifts you?

I see Jesus work on the cross where his righteousness is exchanged for our sinfulness as opening the Niagara falls of goodness and grace for the Christian, but I'm not sure how a fallen sinful person finds it in themselves to become righteous karmically.

I understand the appeal but to me the karmic cycle isn't a satisfying answer
    By the way Charles Darwin's grandfather believed in the transmigration of souls of lower animals to higher and that's really where Charles got his 'big idea'
    https://www.equip.org/article/reincarnation-lifetimes-for-enlightenment/

13. beenherebeforeagain

beenherebeforeagain Rogue Animist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,001
    Religion:
    Modern Animist
    Assuming, of course, that each person is a singular "soul," that no new "souls" come into existence, and that only humans have souls that can reincarnate/transmigrate...

If, however, one assumes that living beings of all sorts may reincarnate/transmigrate, that each individual is more than just a single soul, and/or that new souls come into existence, then having past lives is most certainly possible and reasonable to consider.

14. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita Vedanta and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,811
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    I'm a believer that in many cases these children are very likely remembering a past life.

I've read the leading western expert on the subject Dr. Ian Stevenson's book Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation cover to cover. I also look for and read anything skeptics have to say about the subject.

15. Jainarayan

Jainarayan ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय

Ratings:
    +7,495
    Religion:
    Hinduism, Vaishnava
    Not all souls are embodied at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jainarayan

Jainarayan ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय

Ratings:
    +7,495
    Religion:
    Hinduism, Vaishnava
    Reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean you will be born into a holy or righteous new birth. Karmic effects follow the soul, transcend, and overlap life to life. You could be born into a life in which you choose to be a serial killer. A soul could have setbacks from life to life.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brickjectivity

Brickjectivity Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +7,809
    Religion:
    Liberal Christian
    The idea of reincarnation in the video is that there is a hidden connection and that two people are the same person. That kind of reincarnation to me only make sense if we are constantly reincarnated into all beings including ourselves. Where does one draw the line between accessible and inaccessible lives? Why would you remember only a past life and not a future life? Why only on Earth? Why would it require hypnosis, and why would there be any limits? Why wouldn't you remember being a dog or a tree, and why would it be easier to remember one past life than others? How does one select which life to remember from?

18. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +8,649
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    That's pretty much the bottom line. No point if past lives get completely forgotten anyways. Death is death in context of ego.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,037
    Mormons and others believe that they were spirit children before this life, and I have no argument about that. Another scripture, "before you were in the womb, I knew you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. We Never Know

We Never Know Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +806
    Religion:
    It exists
    Remember my past life? I can barely remember parts of my young childhood :confused:

There was this little joke I heard that went like "I was so shocked and traumatized when I was born, I didn't talk for almost a year :)

• Funny Funny x 1