• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky students to see ‘In God We Trust’ motto when they return to school

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
And the reason for putting that motto up is what made it illegal. Once again the establishment clause makes that clear.
"In God We Trust", one nation motto.

You can say it is illegal all you wish. The fact is, courts have decided it is not. I can see you don't know much about American history. Or present day. Nor do you realize, or concede, that when the national motto appears on the wall of a the Congressional chamber, the lawmakers of America, and courtrooms across the nation, it isn't illegal. Because it isn't promoting religion.

As per our currency, this is the final word:
June 10, 2019
Justices reject challenge to ‘In God We Trust’ on U.S. money

June 7 2018

NC lawmakers back 'In God We Trust' signs in schools. They say it's not promoting religion.

History:

They Trusted In Something Greater Than Themselves

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You can say it is illegal all you wish. The fact is, courts have decided it is not. I can see you don't know much about American history. Or present day. Nor do you realize, or concede, that when the national motto appears on the wall of a the Congressional chamber, the lawmakers of America, and courtrooms across the nation, it isn't illegal. Because it isn't promoting religion.

June 10, 2019

June 7 2018

NC lawmakers back 'In God We Trust' signs in schools. They say it's not promoting religion.

History:

The USSC just doesn't know yet that the Christian slogan is unconstitutional.
Or they know it, & they, being Christians, want to keep it anyway.
We shall prevail.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
The USSC just doesn't know yet that the Christian slogan is unconstitutional.
Or they know it, & they, being Christians, want to keep it anyway.
We shall prevail.
You might want to read the June 10, 2019 article on the SCOTUS decision concerning the national motto.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Might as well tell women to not overeat, not drink, not watch
too much TV, or not brazenly walk around showing their faces.
What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen.

Do these folks think before they type? Do they think that we only have sex for procreation? Do they think that birth control is 100% effective? How out of touch with reality...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

June 10, 2019

June 7 2018

History:

I already pointed out that this case might be lost due to Trump stacking the Supreme Court. An immoral court does not mean that at its deepest level that this was not an illegal act. And the lawmakers from NC lied. I am not impressed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do these folks think before they type? Do they think that we only have sex for procreation? Do they think that birth control is 100% effective? How out of touch with reality...
People sure do have very different perspectives about life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then we have nothing to talk about.
SCOTUS has their own copy of the USC. It would behoove you to read the article.
Well, there is much to talk about.
But if someone reasons a conclusion which rather directly violates the
Constitution, I'll not invest much time in understanding the reasoning.
So rather than reading an entire article, a poster's summary is best.