• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kentucky Fried Cock Up

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Whilst I totally get what you mean, I cant find it funny. It shows more than just a momentary mistake, but instead procedural neglect.
They don't need to. Most people seem to assume they care and give proper oversight when they do stuff like painting rainbows on thing (while donating to anti-LGBT politicians), changing the color scheme to pink (while including a lipstick holder), or trying to appeal to foreign markets without understanding anything about what they're trying to do (and end up promoting a Nazi thing, in Germany, where the world won't let them live down the Nazis).
It's funny because for them it's embarrassing. People like to say these corporations care and are down with whatever group and struggle, but no, it's a laugh at them too for being so easily duped.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They don't need to. Most people seem to assume they care and give proper oversight when they do stuff like painting rainbows on thing (while donating to anti-LGBT politicians), changing the color scheme to pink (while including a lipstick holder), or trying to appeal to foreign markets without understanding anything about what they're trying to do (and end up promoting a Nazi thing, in Germany, where the world won't let them live down the Nazis).
It's funny because for them it's embarrassing. People like to say these corporations care and are down with whatever group and struggle, but no, it's a laugh at them too for being so easily duped.

I've done a heap of work in business process design, etc. If they have a business process where their marketing department approves a campaign for a particular country without involving anyone from that country, or anyone who knows anything about that country, they are showing a level of negligence their share holders should be concerned by.

It's not a matter of 'caring', as much as I'd like corporations to be better citizens. It's a matter of doing the most basic due diligence when promoting your brand in a given region. Stuffing that up means your marketing department is having at least the opposite effect than they should be. And is quite potentially directly and negatively impacting on share price. Kinda a clown show, but one with actual implications.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've done a heap of work in business process design, etc. If they have a business process where their marketing department approves a campaign for a particular country without involving anyone from that country, or anyone who knows anything about that country, they are showing a level of negligence their share holders should be concerned by.

It's not a matter of 'caring', as much as I'd like corporations to be better citizens. It's a matter of doing the most basic due diligence when promoting your brand in a given region. Stuffing that up means your marketing department is having at least the opposite effect than they should be. And is quite potentially directly and negatively impacting on share price. Kinda a clown show, but one with actual implications.

It doesn't surprise me, though, when these kinds of mistakes occur at a corporate level. I don't think they care about good citizenship either. They only care about money. They wouldn't be where they are now unless they were total mercenaries.

Not knowing about other countries, while making cavalier decisions like this, is something that happens a lot in both American business and government.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not knowing about other countries, while making cavalier decisions like this, is something that happens a lot in both American business and government.
Any countries, businesses, economies, & religions
run by humans are infected with the same traits,
some good & some bad. They'll all be exhibited
at one time or another.
Who knows....perhaps some day even Russia
might become dominated by good traits.
Reminds me of...

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Western corporations survived MUCH worse when it came to doing business with the Nazis. They don't have to care. Ford survived the Pinto. It didn't have to care. Big bank executives begged for vacation money from us, the tax payers, after they tanked the economy. AiG didn't have to care they admitted to the world they didn't keep track if where that money went.
And brainless blunder? Those have happened. They don't have to care. They may say they did, amd say sorry. But they don't care because they don't have to.
Making money is all they care about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Western corporations survived MUCH worse when it came to doing business with the Nazis. They don't have to care. Ford survived the Pinto. It didn't have to care. Big bank executives begged for vacation money from us, the tax payers, after they tanked the economy. AiG didn't have to care they admitted to the world they didn't keep track if where that money went.
And brainless blunder? Those have happened. They don't have to care. They may say they did, amd say sorry. But they don't care because they don't have to.
Saying that all these people you've never even
met or conversed with "don't care" is awfully glib.
It reminds me of righties I know who say that
your ilk hate this country, & want to destroy it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then why do they so frequently err to the side of money over responsibility?
And notice what I'm saying they don't have to care about. Like all those companies who paint rainbows on their junk for a few weeks, knowing they don't have to worry or care about giving money to anti-LGBT politicians and groups because all the naive queers won't see that and think the company is genuinely supporting them. It's not. It just wants their money.
It's also a record of history, like the Ford Pinto. They didn't care about people or safety, just money.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Making money is all they care about.

I literally just spent a post saying my point had nothing to do with 'caring' and was more a comment on procedural neglect and incompetency.

There will be people in the organisation getting their butts kicked over this, not because of hurt feelings, but brand damage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I literally just spent a post saying my point had nothing to do with 'caring' and was more a comment on procedural neglect and incompetency.

There will be people in the organisation getting their butts kicked over this, not because of hurt feelings, but brand damage.
I have my doubts. Nestle has dead infants on their hands. No one got in trouble. It was just what was bound to happen as a result of their business plan in regards to infant formula.
This was nothing more than an embarrassment. Sure, they may have something actually check next time, but whoever's idea to automate it in order to set and forget it may not even be there anymore. But we'll all soon forget and they know that.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
My post probably won't be very appreciated by younger members. I see large companies throw away middle-aged employees with company experience just to hire young 'wizards' that are all energy and boldness. These wizards are given top management positions and show no loyalty to older more experienced, former managers......Mistakes like the KFC debacle can result. IMO

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My post probably won't be very appreciated by younger members. I see large companies throw away middle-aged employees with company experience just to hire young 'wizards' that are all energy and boldness. These wizards are given top management positions and show no loyalty to older more experienced, former managers......Mistakes like the KFC debacle can result. IMO
When I was "young wizard," during the Recession, a lot of companies did it to save money. And it left a bad taste in my mouth getting the scraps of the meal of leftovers those with high seniority just had yanked from them (many took a pay cut of over $10/hour, a few over $20, and Indiana it meant losing a high pay).
And that was also were my rebelliousness towards work really set in (my boss was a total schmuck and lying sack of crap though).

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I have my doubts. Nestle has dead infants on their hands. No one got in trouble. It was just what was bound to happen as a result of their business plan in regards to infant formula.
This was nothing more than an embarrassment. Sure, they may have something actually check next time, but whoever's idea to automate it in order to set and forget it may not even be there anymore. But we'll all soon forget and they know that.

We are talking past each other I think. You seem to be talking about external forces, punitive action, public apologies, etc.

That's not at all what I mean. I'm talking about internal meetings, business analysis, and career trajectories.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

My company hired a bunch, since we got through the Covid crisis with limited negative financial impact, and could cherry pick from a bunch of very experienced, well-reputationed middle management types.

The pitch was basically that we'd continue to pay them the types of salary they were used to (close, anyway) but we needed them more on the tools and working with clients.

Because...exactly as you suggest...there were really good people being booted due to cost cutting by many companies.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't have to meet those people to know that they only care about money. 1. They have stated so. 2. They are legally obliged.
Creating profit is the first goal of a company and an obligation for a corporation.
The only alternative is a non-profit organization.

Heyo

Veteran Member
You can't blame a company for consumers who don't care.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Any countries, businesses, economies, & religions
run by humans are infected with the same traits,
some good & some bad. They'll all be exhibited
at one time or another.
Who knows....perhaps some day even Russia
might become dominated by good traits.

Wanton ignorance or a lack of knowledge should never be regarded as a good thing. Ignorance is bad. Knowledge is good.

cc7f9350c32649b184abfb80c49c42b1