• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Update

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I think it's hard for a person like me to really understand the world I live in, where people pay more attention to their careers and pockets than to God and whatever He wants from them, which will benefit them by hopefully making their lives better.

European civilization does seem less ideal, spiritually speaking, when the peoples there focus on their careers, wealth, and financial situations more than on God and what he wants. I think the situation could improve if a large percentage of people in perhaps any country there could approach the same way of life spiritually.

This is what Gurū Granth Sāhib, the perpetual gurū and central scripture of Sikhism, says on page 8:

'[Those] who meditate on the name and depart [after] having worked hard—
Nānak, their faces glow, and so many are released with [them]' (my amateur translation).

I think the Gurū is saying in the line above that a life of hard work infused with meditating on and remembering the name of God leads to emancipation from the cycle of reincarnation. From this perspective, all what Europeans are missing is the name of the True in their lives.

I suppose I will never have an answer as to why this God felt it wasn't pertinent to give non-Jews a religion, but it's possible I'm looking at this from the wrong angle: the concept of 'religio' is a Christian concept, derived from Christianity itself, as apart from the rest of society. What the Jews have is a covenant with God, not a religion, per se

As someone who read much of the Hebrew Bible in the past, I was left with the impression that the god of Israel is just that: the god of Israel, the god of a particular people and their forefathers, a god who dwells in Tsiyyon. Who am I, an American of European descent, to him or even to Ba'alat Gebal for that matter?

I suppose that if who Jews call HaShem had intended to make non-Israelites peoples who worshiped only him and lived in accordance with the Torah, he would have founded a world civilization whose motto might be 'One God, One Torah, Many Lands.' Instead, the motto, if there actually is one, is 'One God, One Torah, One Land.' If such a world civilization did exist, religion in the Christian and current Western understanding of the term might not exist or simply be a minor phenomenon. It would also be risky trying to follow a religion in such a civilization.

While Israelites have a legal covenant with HaShem, and Christians have a covenantal religion centered on Jesus of Nazareth, Sikhs have a teacher–student relationship with their Gurū, who is God, 10 men, and a book.

Once I gave up the centuries old beliefs of my culture, I was already condemned. The wand chooses the wizard, not the other way; I am not free to choose my religion; I realise that now.

Sikhs understand, as taught by their Gurū, that the teacher–student relationship starts with God's merciful glance on the individual. Not at all trying to get you to adopt Sikhism, by the way. I just wanted to share that perspective with you.

[Edit: If I have said anything offensive or unhelpful, please forgive me.]

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When you're looking for more music for your mania and life hands you this,

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I'm becoming more openly socially conservative on this board. I've given up backing down from arguments from people who, really, simply don't like what I have to say and what I believe. It's tiresome trying to be diplomatic with folks who aren't going to agree with you on anything, nor even have discussions that will go anywhere or be beneficial for either party. If I just come out and say, No, I don't agree with your homosexual marriages, or your abortions, or your gender bending, or your sexual freedoms; or say I'm pro-patriarchy, anti-feminist, and every other socially unacceptable position one can hold on RF these days, I'll feel better and be happier about being honest. If people don't like it, what can I do? It's not my problem. This is true not just on RF but in the local world too. I think if Western Society wants to kill itself it may do so (after all, I've thought about it several times, too!), so just get on with it.

Just don't say God didn't warn you, I guess.

Extremist Pagans don't seem to be a thing, but maybe I've just invented it.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I'm becoming more openly socially conservative on this board. I've given up backing down from arguments from people who, really, simply don't like what I have to say and what I believe. It's tiresome trying to be diplomatic with folks who aren't going to agree with you on anything, nor even have discussions that will go anywhere or be beneficial for either party. If I just come out and say, No, I don't agree with your homosexual marriages, or your abortions, or your gender bending, or your sexual freedoms; or say I'm pro-patriarchy, anti-feminist, and every other socially unacceptable position one can hold on RF these days, I'll feel better and be happier about being honest. If people don't like it, what can I do? It's not my problem. This is true not just on RF but in the local world too. I think if Western Society wants to kill itself it may do so (after all, I've thought about it several times, too!), so just get on with it.

I find it a little tiresome when one can't hold a conservative view without being 'bad'. As a person who holds some liberal views and some conservative views, I find myself unpopular at both tables.

I hope for a time when we can open communication to a maximum and keep being judgmental to a minimum. People should be able to disagree and still be friends.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I find it a little tiresome when one can't hold a conservative view without being 'bad'. As a person who holds some liberal views and some conservative views, I find myself unpopular at both tables.

I hope for a time when we can open communication to a maximum and keep being judgmental to a minimum. People should be able to disagree and still be friends.
Honestly, it's saddening. There are many folks on here I like but with whom I disagree. I bet even @Harel13 (I can see you reading this thread! :p) disagree. I have disagreements with Vouthon, with St Frank, with SW and many others who are friends and closer. It's possible that one to one interactions are better for this. It's not as though I want to blow your head off if you disagree with me, and if I like you or respect you I'm likely to take on board what you have to say and mull it over. If Harel thinks I'm too gung-ho on a certain issue or he's more liberal/conservative than me or whatever, I'm going to take what he has to say into account because he's not going to be berating me about how terrible I am. Nor are you or Vouthon or St Frank.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a job interview via zoom on Tuesday and I'm hoping that goes well.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly, it's saddening. There are many folks on here I like but with whom I disagree. I bet even @Harel13 (I can see you reading this thread! :p) disagree. I have disagreements with Vouthon, with St Frank, with SW and many others who are friends and closer. It's possible that one to one interactions are better for this. It's not as though I want to blow your head off if you disagree with me, and if I like you or respect you I'm likely to take on board what you have to say and mull it over. If Harel thinks I'm too gung-ho on a certain issue or he's more liberal/conservative than me or whatever, I'm going to take what he has to say into account because he's not going to be berating me about how terrible I am. Nor are you or Vouthon or St Frank.

Exactly... we learn, grow, and change based on positive conversations, not screaming at and berating each other.

"Well, I thought I was right on the issue, but then Joe called me an *******, and I really saw it his way." Not! That's just not how it works.

I have a job interview via zoom on Tuesday and I'm hoping that goes well.

Good luck! Where for?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Helping disabled and slower children with social skills, playing with others, learning etc.

Not my main focus but you get what you can take.

Yup. I worked in a group home for over 10 years. It wasn't the field I was hoping for, but it was the first place that called for an interview, and I had no money whatsoever, no food, and no options. You do what you need to.

I hope you get it, and I hope you find the work suitable.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Well in the US, it gets complicated, due to the media and the two party system. Whenever we get a Republican President, we hear over and over and over about conservative issues for 4+ years and from our media, to the point where we hardly want to talk the subject any more. Then we get a Democrat President. And others hear over and over and over about liberal issues for 4 years+ to the point where they, too, are tired of the subject.

I'm not saying "don't talk issues", I'm saying "If a person is able to, in theory it might be good to read the room first to see if when engaging someone one on one like quoting their post and speaking to them, if it's a subject they'll be open to."

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well in the US, it gets complicated, due to the media and the two party system. Whenever we get a Republican President, we hear over and over and over about conservative issues for 4+ years and from our media, to the point where we hardly want to talk the subject any more. Then we get a Democrat President. And others hear over and over and over about liberal issues for 4 years+ to the point where they, too, are tired of the subject.

I'm not saying "don't talk issues", I'm saying "If a person is able to, in theory it might be good to read the room first to see if when engaging someone one on one like quoting their post and speaking to them, if it's a subject they'll be open to."
If they're discussing it on RF I gather they want to.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

Honestly, I just stopped. The Republicans don't like me because I'm too liberal. The Democrats don't like me because I'm too conservative.

So I get what @Rival 's saying here... sometimes when you're a minority('cause this site is fairly left leaning), it sucks because people are 'uncomfortable' (to put it nicely) with what you have to say, and sometimes respond in a personal manner, when it should be about the issue, not the person holding it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Honestly, I just stopped. The Republicans don't like me because I'm too liberal. The Democrats don't like me because I'm too conservative.

So I get what @Rival 's saying here... sometimes when you're a minority('cause this site is fairly left leaning), it sucks because people are 'uncomfortable' (to put it nicely) with what you have to say, and sometimes respond in a personal manner, when it should be about the issue, not the person holding it.

I see.

Sometimes I get heat from my own side.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
f7a5e18e1ca431ac12abd97f6a9d2bc3.jpg

"It's not working!"
"There must have been some magic words."
"What, what are they? Think!"
"Think?"
"You've got to remember."
"I wasn't alive then, how can I remember!"
"Read the directions, Dorothy!"
"I don't know these words!"
"Read them anyway!"​

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member

OMG! @Rival !!!!

I hate to say I love you, but wow! That was just amazing! Keep me at a distance , I'm terrible person, but what you just said really speaks to me about you! Wow! You're my hero! :)

I feel women have reason to be ticked off and feminists, and many do more for society than I do, so try to be compassionate with and respect people on the left, but you are right at the same time. I can't deny that. ;)

The west is killing itself! The left seems to be where the secularists/atheists/communists flock, which is why I lean more conservative, so if you wish to be a conservative, you give conservatives a great name, and you give your gender a good name, and you give Pagans a good name! Extremist Pagan! I :heart: it!!!

You go girl! :)

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

It makes me sad that you would be morally (legally?) against me getting married to someone I love simply because he's a man. However, I'd rather you be honest (without rudeness) so we can at least talk about it. And if openly talking about it makes you feel less like you're hiding something, that's probably helpful in the long term.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've cleared away my Jewish books, put them under my bed or elsewhere. I don't need that depression reminder in my life, nor to be tempted back into a life that makes me want to kill myself. I have some new books, too. My shelves are now dedicated to Kemet.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm done with Judaism and HaShem.

I saw in it a lot of things that make intellectual, historical and spiritual sense - things that aligned with my experience of the world. I loved the Tanakh from being a child, I dismissed Jesus by the time I was 10, I called myself a Jew - but Judaism doesn't and never did want me. The God of the Tanakh seemingly does not want me. It's an unequal yoking - weirdly, the kind that the Torah forbids. The Tanakh is just a book with Israel/Judah in mind and not me - even during messianic times it describes the non-Jews as basically being a third wheel to the main event. One can see why Christianity spread and why all the Godfearers went for it. Christianity still is today basically the only truly universal monotheism, as Islam is dominated by Arabism and Baha'ism is very like. Other than this, there is no monotheistic universalist religion, since pre-Christian religions did not and still do not really work that way.

But still Judaism makes the claim to be the only true religion, the only true revelation if it doesn't want to be classed as a religion. Yet how? When it discludes non-Jews and relegates them to a few laws and nothing else? This is not universal religion, but merely a shared God. It seems clear to me that Judaism follows in the way of every Classical Era religion in that it and its God is tribal and limited. In my opinion, HaShem, if he is true, has a lot to answer for in treating us like this. Will Judaism come up with a solution to the 'Universal God, tribal religion' problem? I doubt it. It is not possible given the Torah, so I'm not blaming Jewish people - I'm blaming their God.

Yet everyone wants this God. So folks flock to Christianity, consider themselves a spiritual Israel and, imo, reinterpret texts, especially prophecies, to fit this universal narrative - and one can see why: the desire for this God is strong. So if this God knew he would be so desired, imagining he is true, why not give the non-Jews a religion from the start, or a universal religion from the start? I believe it's because Israelite society followed the norms of the day and was a land-based ethno-tribal religion based on where one lived and with whom. It makes way more sense seeing it that way, but still does not explain why HaShem is given as the God of all, when this universal God takes a special interest in one group to the detriment of others.

I disavow any belief in YHWH.