• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Update

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
An example of a transliteration,

20210721_165648.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Mon Dieu,
S'il te plaît, protégerez-vous la terre d'Israël
Et les Juifs
Contre le Taliban et les autres personnes qui voudraient les voir détruits.
Faire que leurs garçons soient forts,
Rendre leurs filles industrieuses.
Faire la paix à l'intérieur et à l'extérieur,
Ne laissez personne les attaquer qui ne vit pas pour le regretter.
Au nom d'Amon, le Seigneur de tous.
In-un-ma'a. In-un-ma'a. In-un-ma'a. In-un-ma'a.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess this is just my journal thread now.

I am still between two worlds. I've been trying to focus my attention on the Kemetic stuff, naturally, but being on RF I have a lot of interaction with Abrahamics and arguments regarding their religions; so I've abandoned trying to put off thinking of Judaism and other Abrahamic stuff in favour of a balanced approach to both. It's still weird, though, no longer being part of a religious paradigm to which I belonged really all my life. It's equally weird feeling more of an affinity with some Dharmics than I ever thought I would. I had a day where I went back to the things I would have done as a Noachide and it was easy to fall back into.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
For The One Who Won't Leave Me Alone,

Hi, it's me, Grace. We've not been on such good terms lately and it's because you wouldn't give me a religion. Not only would you not give me a religion, you told me all the other ones were invalid, too, except Judaism. But you let Christianity and Islam flourish and even the Jews seem to have accepted this, realising that the Sheva Mitzvoth can wait until the Messianic Era. Well, when's that coming? Not in my days and if it does you may hold me accountable for going completely OTD and feeling no shame because you didn't give me a religion! So leave me alone or give me a religion if you really want me to follow you. It seems you don't.

Some, let's be clear, only some, of your followers think I have a dirty, impure, animal soul that will be annihilated upon death anyway and you know what? Good. That's good. I can live with that. If this is the reason we have no religion - because we're simply not worth it - I'd appreciate the honesty. The Maimonideans don't believe this, however, and that's also good. I just keep looking for an answer as to why I spent my whole life looking for the right religion, how does God want me to worship him, and you know what you gave me? Nothing. An apparently universal God. It hurts.

And then you send someone for me to fall heart over head for. And who should he be? And that drove me needlessly crazy, too. Not to mention how uncomfortable it must make him! It's cruel. Dangling two things infront of me I can't have and then telling me I can't even end it! So if I do end it and I take the Zohar at its word will I just perish regardless of what I've done? So it doesn't matter which religion I choose! Or if I listen to R. Luzzatto and I can only get to the next world on the merit of Jews alone. I can be, in his words, like the garment on a person. Well, at least I can get there, I guess. "They will be subordinate to Israel as clothes are subordinate to the body." Sexy. I guess it's better than this, The greatest disciple of R. Isaac Luria, [Rabbi Chayyim Vital]—the major expositor of Kabbalistic principles—he taught and spread his master’s mystical teachings. He further explicated the distinction established by the Zohar, writing that every Jew, whether righteous or wicked, possesses two souls. The second, uniquely Jewish soul is “a part of G-d above.” The souls of the nations of the world, in contrast, emanate from unclean shards that contain no good whatsoever.

Arousing, great for a hot fantasy, but not for actual real life.

These things aren't new to me by any means, or necessarily mianstreamed, but they're certainly not helpful either. Especially not when it's become mainstreamed to speak of a Jewish soul and a non-Jewish one. Is there something wrong with mine that I don't need a full religion or spirituality to fulfil it? It sure looks that way, HaShem!

Thankfully, Rambam is not eye to eye with these views and sees everyone as spiritually capable. This also seems to be mainstream, but how it fits with the idea above I'm not sure. Most Orthodox Jews don't believe that my soul is less worth, but these ideas don't help when they're leaking into the main.

I'm looking for an answer as to why you gave non-Jews no religion and so far I'm coming up empty handed. And why you had me fall head over heels for some boy who's unavailable but so damn loveable! What's all that about??

Should have given me a religion, instead you gave us Christianity and Islam, so I can only guess that's what you want??

Je ne sais pas.

I loved you! I loved you! What have you done?? You allow Christianity and Islam to thrive in the face of people like me who would throw ourselves off bridges just because you appear to care more about them than us! I loved you!! What have you done??

Amen. Amen.

broken-heart-image.jpg

Source: Microsoft Word - Balk (hakirah.org)

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
For The One Who Won't Leave Me Alone,

Hi, it's me, Grace. We've not been on such good terms lately and it's because you wouldn't give me a religion. Not only would you not give me a religion, you told me all the other ones were invalid, too, except Judaism. But you let Christianity and Islam flourish and even the Jews seem to have accepted this, realising that the Sheva Matzvoth can wait until the Messianic Era. Well, when's that coming? Not in my days and if it does you may hold me accountable for going completely OTD and feeling no shame because you didn't give me a religion! So leave me alone or give me a religion if you really want me to follow you. It seems you don't. Some of your followers think I have a dirty, impure, animal soul that will be annihilated upon death anyway and you know what? Good. That's good. I can live with that. If this is the reason we have no religion - because we're simply not worth it - I'd appreciate the honesty. The Maimonideans don't believe this, however, and that's also good. I just keep looking for an answer as to why I spent my whole life looking for the right religion, how does God want me to worship him, and you know what you gave me? Nothing. An apparently universal God. It hurts.

And then you send someone for me to fall heart over head for. And who should he be? And that drives me needlessly crazy, too. Not to mention how uncomfortable it must make him! It's cruel. Dangling two things infront of me I can't have and then telling me I can't even end it! So if I do end it and I take the Zohar at its word will I just perish regardless of what I've done? So it doesn't matter which religion I choose! Or if I listen to R. Luzzatto and I can only get to the next world on the merit of Jews alone. I can be, in his words, like the garment on a person. Well, at least I can get there, I guess. "They will be subordinate to Israel as clothes are subordinate to the body." Sexy. I guess it's better than this, The greatest disciple of R. Isaac Luria, [Rabbi Chayyim Vital]—the major expositor of Kabbalistic principles—he taught and spread his master’s mystical teachings. He further explicated the distinction established by the Zohar, writing that every Jew, whether righteous or wicked, possesses two souls. The second, uniquely Jewish soul is “a part of G-d above.” The souls of the nations of the world, in contrast, emanate from unclean shards that contain no good whatsoever.

Arousing, great for a hot fantasy, but not for actual real life.

These things aren't new to me by any means, but they're certainly not helpful either. Especially not when it's become mainstreamed to speak of a Jewish soul and a non-Jewish one. Is there something wrong with mine that I don't need a full religion or spirituality to fulfil it? It sure looks that way, HaShem!

Thankfully, Rambam is not eye to eye with these views and sees everyone as spiritually capable. This also seems to be mainstream, but how it fits with the idea above I'm not sure.

I'm looking for an answer as to why you gave non-Jews no religion and so far I'm coming up empty handed. And why you had me fall head over heels for some boy who's unavailable but so damn loveable! What's all that about??

Should have given me a religion, instead you gave us Christianity and Islam, so I can only guess that's what you want??

Je ne sais pas.

I loved you! I loved you! What have you done?? You allow Christianity and Islam to thrive in the face of people like me who would throw ourselves off bridges just because you appear to care more about them than us! I loved you!! What have you done??

Amen. Amen.

broken-heart-image.jpg

Source: Microsoft Word - Balk (hakirah.org)
I don't have much to say. When I left Christianity it broke me but I at least stopped believing in it. How much worse it must be to feel the way you do to still love a religion but cannot be apart of it to have no religion. I cannot erase your pain but I can listen and my messages are always open.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Obviously what I wrote above was written in anguish, but it represents a very real issue for me. It's incredibly hard to watch folks going about their lives in Western Europe, and really Europe as a whole, not caring about their religion and God - and were I a Christian I'd be having a similar, if much more subtle, problem with the declining rates of practicing Christians under the age of 100 in this country. Stats say around 70% of young Britons are irreligious or atheistic, and this didn't make it any easier when I was a Christian way back in my teen years. I think it's hard for a person like me to really understand the world I live in, where people pay more attention to their careers and pockets than to God and whatever He wants from them, which will benefit them by hopefully making their lives better. But religion is a communal effort, which is why so many stay in their birth religion - if it satisfies their spiritual longings and comes with a community, it's good enough.

It's not been the case throughout history that folks could just learn about new religions enough to consider their own false - especially not in Pagan cultures where such notions were less widely held and deities could be shared and reimagined, so to speak. So my problem is an incredibly modern one, brought on by my own apparent sense of entitlement that I deserve the true religion, when that's not the one my culture bequeathed me. I could never be a Christian, however, and folks have been looking for alternatives since the 18th century, really, so that's long out the window. Yet that is the kind of religion I'm attached and attracted to and apparently will never relent. I find the things I need in Kemeticism, that's fine, that's not the problem - the problem is I'm attached to HaShem and apparently no amount of foreign worship will erase that. This is why I keep telling him to leave me alone - or yelling at my psyche, whichever you believe in.

I suppose I will never have an answer as to why this God felt it wasn't pertinent to give non-Jews a religion, but it's possible I'm looking at this from the wrong angle: the concept of 'religio' is a Christian concept, derived from Christianity itself, as apart from the rest of society. What the Jews have is a covenant with God, not a religion, per se, and it was not really thought of that way by anyone else, either. The Egyptians had no word for their religion as it was just such a fundamental part of their lives. Now that we have separated religion from everything else, we've long needed a separate word for it, too. This came with the added idea that one could switch religions, where before it was inseparable from culture and, to an extent, land and language, that to give up those beliefs was essentially to give up citizenship - and this is exactly how we see Christians being treated by Rome in the early days. New beliefs threaten the social order and the wider fabric of society, and are rightfully shunned.

Once I gave up the centuries old beliefs of my culture, I was already condemned. The wand chooses the wizard, not the other way; I am not free to choose my religion; I realise that now. It's why it has led to such madness. Either I am a Christian or I'm nothing.

So I'm a Kemetic, perhaps crypto-Noachide, and if God doesn't like that, He needs to tell me clearly. There's no other choice He gave me.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Obviously what I wrote above was written in anguish, but it represents a very real issue for me. It's incredibly hard to watch folks going about their lives in Western Europe, and really Europe as a whole, not caring about their religion and God - and were I a Christian I'd be having a similar, if much more subtle, problem with the declining rates of practicing Christians under the age of 100 in this country. Stats say around 70% of young Britons are irreligious or atheistic, and this didn't make it any easier when I was a Christian way back in my teen years. I think it's hard for a person like me to really understand the world I live in, where people pay more attention to their careers and pockets than to God and whatever He wants from them, which will benefit them by hopefully making their lives better. But religion is a communal effort, which is why so many stay in their birth religion - if it satisfies their spiritual longings and comes with a community, it's good enough.

It's not been the case throughout history that folks could just learn about new religions enough to consider their own false - especially not in Pagan cultures where such notions were less widely held and deities could be shared and reimagined, so to speak. So my problem is an incredibly modern one, brought on by my own apparent sense of entitlement that I deserve the true religion, when that's not the one my culture bequeathed me. I could never be a Christian, however, and folks have been looking for alternatives since the 18th century, really, so that's long out of the window. Yet that is the kind of religion I'm attached and attracted to and apparently will never relent. I find the things I need in Kemeticism, that's fine, that's not the problem - the problem is I'm attached to HaShem and apparently no amount of foreign worship will erase that. This is why I keep telling him to leave me alone - or yelling at my psyche, whichever you believe in.

I suppose I will never have an answer as to why this God felt it wasn't pertinent to give non-Jews a religion, but it's possible I'm looking at this from the wrong angle: the concept of 'religio' is a Christian concept, derived from Christianity itself, as apart from the rest of society. What the Jews have is a covenant with God, not a religion, per se, and it was not really thought of that way by anyone else, either. The Egyptians had no word for their religion as it was just such a fundamental part of their lives. Now that we have separated religion from everything else, we've long needed a separate word for it, too. This came with the added idea that one could switch religions, where before it was inseparable from culture and, to an extent, land and language, that to give up those beliefs was essentially to give up citizenship - and this is exactly how we see Christians being treated by Rome in the early days. New beliefs threaten the social order and the wider fabric of society, and are rightfully shunned.

Once I gave up the centuries old beliefs of my culture, I was already condemned. The wand chooses the wizard, not the other way; I am not free to choose my religion; I realise that now. It's why it has led to such madness. Either I am a Christian or I'm nothing.

So I'm a Kemetic, perhaps crypto-Noachide, and if God doesn't like that, he needs to tell me clearly. There's no other choice he gave me.

Curiosity question...whats that in the person's hands?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's pretty
I bought one years ago. I bought Prof. Trelawney's because I'm into dreams and stuff, as well as having sympathy for her character.

Also looks like I'm back to not eating. Was really hungry, so put a macaroni cheese with meatballs in the oven. Only ate half of it. Not hungry. No appetite. Threw it away.

VoidCat

I bought one years ago. I bought Prof. Trelawney's because I'm into dreams and stuff, as well as having sympathy for her character.

Also looks like I'm back to not eating. Was really hungry, so put a macaroni cheese with meatballs in the oven. Only ate half of it. Not hungry. No appetite. Threw it away.
I have issues with interoception due to autism...so I get that.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't get the idea of careers, money, and stuff & things being the be all, end all of life, either. It was hard for me growing up, because I didn't even understand my own mindset. When everyone around me was focused on college and career paths, I couldn't make myself care. I remember the school counsellor coming into my class and excitedly telling me that if I upped my game and graduated early that year, I'd qualify for the valedictorian scholarship. And I remember her face when I politely declined and requested she give it to the next in line, as I had no plans for college. I was supposed to regret that choice, but that was almost 20 years ago, and I still firmly support my decision.

Even worse for me to figure out was my own religiousness... I was raised Christian, and I felt this deep need to be religious, but... I felt no connection. I didn't enjoy reading my Bible, though I wanted to. When I prayed, I felt...nothing. I hated church. Yet, I really wanted to want it. And then one day I met a Wiccan on the city bus... I fought against it, but I lost. I had finally found a path that made sense for me. My path has taken me through different places, but I've loved every bit of it.

But its lonely. When you're in this culture of stuff & things, and all you want is to be in the light of God(so to speak).... its like you're living in a foreign land. You don't speak the language, or understand the customs, and everyone sits to the sit to giggle at you bumbling around, trying to make it... I don't have the same struggle with the God of Abraham as you do, but I definitely get the concepts you speak of...

I'm sorry. Its hard.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't get the idea of careers, money, and stuff & things being the be all, end all of life, either. It was hard for me growing up, because I didn't even understand my own mindset. When everyone around me was focused on college and career paths, I couldn't make myself care. I remember the school counsellor coming into my class and excitedly telling me that if I upped my game and graduated early that year, I'd qualify for the valedictorian scholarship. And I remember her face when I politely declined and requested she give it to the next in line, as I had no plans for college. I was supposed to regret that choice, but that was almost 20 years ago, and I still firmly support my decision.

Even worse for me to figure out was my own religiousness... I was raised Christian, and I felt this deep need to be religious, but... I felt no connection. I didn't enjoy reading my Bible, though I wanted to. When I prayed, I felt...nothing. I hated church. Yet, I really wanted to want it. And then one day I met a Wiccan on the city bus... I fought against it, but I lost. I had finally found a path that made sense for me. My path has taken me through different places, but I've loved every bit of it.

But its lonely. When you're in this culture of stuff & things, and all you want is to be in the light of God(so to speak).... its like you're living in a foreign land. You don't speak the language, or understand the customs, and everyone sits to the sit to giggle at you bumbling around, trying to make it... I don't have the same struggle with the God of Abraham as you do, but I definitely get the concepts you speak of...

I'm sorry. Its hard.
I chose not to go to uni either and I pray for any religious person who does, these days. It has a tendency to kill that. I didn't want any more academia; I was sick of it by that point and needed a break. I'd never wanted a career; my whole life I just wanted to be a housewife like my mom. I saw no reason I shouldn't or couldn't have that. It would be God, Kin and Kitchen and I'd be fine with that. It's all I ever wanted.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I chose not to go to uni either and I pray for any religious person who does, these days. It has a tendency to kill that. I didn't want any more academia; I was sick of it by that point and needed a break. I'd never wanted a career; my whole life I just wanted to be a housewife like my mom. I saw no reason I shouldn't or couldn't have that. It would be God, Kin and Kitchen and I'd be fine with that. It's all I ever wanted.

My English teacher told me once I was going to grow up and make it big... or I was going to decide the whole rat race was a bunch of crap and I was going to have nothing.

Nail on the head, he got it. I didn't even consider that I'd ever go that route at the time.

Nor did I ever consider I'd get to be a homemaker. I wasn't even comfortable mentioning that I'd like to do that... I felt the 'empowerers' would eat me alive. Even when my husband suggested it, I felt the idea was 'taboo'. But I'm glad I caved.

I hope you get to live your ideal lifestyle, too. :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, thanks everyone for reading my rantings. I had to get that out.