• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karma - Is it a Universal or Dharmic principle?

Karma - Is it a Universal or Dharmic principle?

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not in my faith, Tony. Your faith sure. Or are you saying again (sigh) that you know more about my faith than I do?

If the Abrahamic God is in control, why all the suffering? Why doesn't he just wave his magic wand, and end war? If he loves everyone so much to send all the messengers, he could easily do that through them, no? (BTW, My God isn't in control in that way.)

I am talking about the Faiths that have God and a Messenger.

You commented on God, I thus just shared that we do not blame anything in this world on God. We see it is perfect in design, perfect for the purpose.

Regards Tony

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
If the Abrahamic God is in control, why all the suffering? Why doesn't he just wave his magic wand, and end war? If he loves everyone so much to send all the messengers, he could easily do that through them, no? (BTW, My God isn't in control in that way.)

I believe we all have the capacity to know God to some extent and understand His purpose. Its always a question of degrees.

If we truly understand God we appreciate we have free will to turn towards Him or not. As individual and communities if we turn away from God then suffering results.

The nature of God, our relationship to Him, and our purpose in this life are all complex topics. Having an understanding of cause and effect (karma) is essential to seeing the bigger picture.