• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's please stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would rather hear how a closet gay feels being raised in an ultra orthodox community, than take your word for it that they are fine and dandy.

An Ultra-Orthodox community is a terrible place for LGBT people. They're extremely bigoted and very backwards on such issues. They're extreme Jewish fundamentalists and basically hate everything that is outside of that. LGBT Jews in such a community would have to hide it or risk ostracism. These are people who will spit on and attack women for not being "modestly" attired, so you can guess how they will treat LGBT Jews. They are one of the main protestors against gay rights in Israel and go into a frenzy when there are Pride parades. There are more modern Orthodox variants that aren't so backwards, but the Ultra-Orthodox tend to be bonkers.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
An Ultra-Orthodox community is a terrible place for LGBT people. They're extremely bigoted and very backwards on such issues. They're extreme Jewish fundamentalists and basically hate everything that is outside of that. LGBT Jews in such a community would have to hide it or risk ostracism. These are people who will spit on and attack women for not being "modestly" attired, so you can guess how they will treat LGBT Jews. They are one of the main protestors against gay rights in Israel and go into a frenzy when there are Pride parades. There are more modern Orthodox variants that aren't so backwards, but the Ultra-Orthodox tend to be bonkers.

"Wow. Such a kind, loving and righteous man you must be. :rolleyes: Is this what your religion teaches you? To be so disrespectful?"

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"Wow. Such a kind, loving and righteous man you must be. :rolleyes: Is this what your religion teaches you? To be so disrespectful?"

I feel the same way about all fundamentalists, no matter the religion. I don't like right-wing fundamentalists in my own religion. I have no respect for hateful bigots.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would humbly suggest that if you judge others by yourself, you will seldom go wrong...

Sorry, but I don't see what is Godly or righteous about holing yourself up in an exclusive enclave and spewing venom at everyone who is different, as you have done here.

Yadon

JW's came to my door this morning. I did not answer the door even though they saw me sitting in the living room. I have asked these people three times in the last six months not to come here and take my address off there calling list which they said they would every time.
Why don't JW's listen ?

Scream "hail Satan!" in their faces and begin speaking in Latin. If that doesn't work I don't know what will.

Bonus points: make the Latin nonsensical and just mix together all the Latin words you know;.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Scream "hail Satan!" in their faces and begin speaking in Latin. If that doesn't work I don't know what will.

Bonus points: make the Latin nonsensical and just mix together all the Latin words you know;.

you could just try 'im not interested'

that usually does if for me ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
you could just try 'im not interested'

that usually does if for me ;)
Amazing how people overcomplicate things, huh, Pegg?

I've never even had to tell the JW's I'm not interested. They've always just been pleasant and friendly. We talk for a minute or so at my front door and if they offer me a Watchtower, I accept it and read at least part of it. I guess I always just try to put myself in their place, having people be rude to me with pretty much no provocation.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I had a negate experience with a JW, but, in retrospect, it was entirely my fault. I had a horrible attitude and should have politely declined their discussion. After subsequent visits, they left literature on my door and went about their way.

Two of my closest friends in high school were JWs and I LOVED talking them talk about their faith. They were twins and I had classes with both of them. As peers, we were able to talk about our faiths in relaxed settings. I remember asking a lot of questions and received patient answers in return. To this day, I look back on those conversations with fondness.

I enjoy finding commonalities in different faiths and would love to have someone come by and talk with me. It's been a long time since someone has come by.

Yadon

The Watchtower organization is completely disgusting for reasons I won't get into (blood transfusions, views on charity and the occult ect ect) I have no sympathy for anyone who comes unsolicited to anyone's door to try to indoctrinate them into their religion. If someone is nasty to them that is a risk they know they are taking by shoving their religion in someone else's face on their property, unsolicited.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Amazing how people overcomplicate things, huh, Pegg?

I've never even had to tell the JW's I'm not interested. They've always just been pleasant and friendly. We talk for a minute or so at my front door and if they offer me a Watchtower, I accept it and read at least part of it. I guess I always just try to put myself in their place, having people be rude to me with pretty much no provocation.

thats very good of you. I think it takes more energy and effort to be rude anyway.

But i can understand it...people are stressed out to the max and it doesnt take much to provoke them. Life puts pressure on people from all angles and people are living with all kinds of problems. Our magazines can bring hope of something better and give them something positive to think about.

:)

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Jews do not recognize Jesus as Messiah.
Protestants do not recognize the Pope as leader of Christian faith.
Jehovah's Witnesses do not recognize each other at the liquor store.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jews do not recognize Jesus as Messiah.
Protestants do not recognize the Pope as leader of Christian faith.
Jehovah's Witnesses do not recognize each other at the liquor store.

i dont get it, but im sure its funny :D

btw, we do drink liquor ;)

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
btw, we do drink liquor ;)

Yeah, that's the funny part, or so I hoped.

Anyway I finally figured out why Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. They don't like people coming to their door and annoying them.

That's my entire repertoire.

Except, how come the mafia dislikes JW's? Cuz they don't like any witnesses.

Cue the cymbal.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yeah, that's the funny part, or so I hoped.

Anyway I finally figured out why Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Halloween. They don't like people coming to their door and annoying them.

That's my entire repertoire.

Except, how come the mafia dislikes JW's? Cuz they don't like any witnesses.

Cue the cymbal.

lol haha the mafia dont like witnesses :D

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
The Watchtower organization is completely disgusting for reasons I won't get into (blood transfusions, views on charity and the occult ect ect)

Have you ever really asked a JW about blood transfusions, their views on charity and the occult? Whatever the etc etc is, I'm sure you've never spoken (or listened) to them about any of it, or else you would see that they have very reasonable explanations. If you have gained your misinformation from other sources, then I can tell you now, none of it is true. :no:

Google the dangers of blood transfusions. Then Google bloodless surgery. It isn't necessarily the life saving procedure most people have been led to believe it is. It is a huge money making industry. If you think there is no corruption where vast sums of money are concerned then perhaps you need a reality check.

Charities are also huge money making businesses. If they were genuine charities, the big wigs at the top would be volunteers, not marketers making huge salaries.
We believe charity begins at home. We take care of our own and when we are done, we look for others who need help. If every religious institution did that, there wouldn't be much left for governments to take care of....but that is not what we see.

None of our elders are paid. Every one of Jehovah's Witnesses is a volunteer. That leaves funds to be spent where they are needed most.

The occult is something forbidden in the Bible. All Christians should avoid it like the plague. That is toying with the devil. (Deut 18:10-12)

I have no sympathy for anyone who comes unsolicited to anyone's door to try to indoctrinate them into their religion.

Actually we are simply messengers. We are not there to indoctrinate anyone. Like Jesus, we offer people a hope for the future and a way to live life now that will help to prevent the heartache and pain that comes from seeking escape in drug and alcohol addiction, immoral conduct and crime. The Bible has the solution to all our problems.

Offering something to someone can be declined. We are not there to annoy anyone, just to offer hope and help to those who need it and who seek a better way to live. How horrible is that? :confused:

If someone is nasty to them that is a risk they know they are taking by shoving their religion in someone else's face on their property, unsolicited.

Only ignorant people are nasty. It is not against the law to knock on someone's door and offer them hope.

If you wish to decline, what is the point of being rude? It just shows what kind of person 'you' are. We have a commission from Jesus to preach the good news of God's kingdom....if you don't want to know about it, that is entirely up to you. :(

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Hi dawny,

I had a negate experience with a JW, but, in retrospect, it was entirely my fault. I had a horrible attitude and should have politely declined their discussion. After subsequent visits, they left literature on my door and went about their way.

They will not hold it against you believe me. If you speak with them again, please be assured that many people have apologized to us for being rude. Some have even followed us up the street to do that, feeling a little ashamed for striking out at those who have only the best motive for knocking at their door. We really do understand how it is, that people are stressed and short on patience, so don't feel bad. Life is hard and getting harder. :eek:

Two of my closest friends in high school were JWs and I LOVED talking them talk about their faith. They were twins and I had classes with both of them. As peers, we were able to talk about our faiths in relaxed settings. I remember asking a lot of questions and received patient answers in return. To this day, I look back on those conversations with fondness.
I am sure that if they read this, they would be very proud to have been of assistance to you in sharing their beliefs. There is so much negative stuff said about us, but really, only those with extreme prejudice have an axe to grind and sordid stories to tell. They tell one side of a story.
We are not a threat to anyone. You will not find a more peaceful people on this planet than Jehovah's Witnesses. We have a commission that we take seriously. (Matt 24:14; 28:19, 20)
We expect the same treatment that was dished out to Jesus. (John 15:18-20)

I enjoy finding commonalities in different faiths and would love to have someone come by and talk with me. It's been a long time since someone has come by.
We do too. It's more common than we think.

Give the local congregation a call, I'm sure they would love to come by for a visit. :yes:

In the meantime, you can always talk to us here. :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Have you ever really asked a JW about blood transfusions, their views on charity and the occult? Whatever the etc etc is, I'm sure you've never spoken (or listened) to them about any of it, or else you would see that they have very reasonable explanations.
I would love to hear a "reasonable explanation" for letting a child die from the need of a blood transfusion. Far, far, far more lives are saved by blood transfusions than are lost. That is a fact. There is no reason for you to even try to argue the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.