• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment Day, Setting Souls On Fire

Rakhel

The only problem I have is with "Hell" is when someone cherry-picks Hebrew scriptures that are being used to address the problems of that time to justify the problems of this time. Haggai and Isaiah were, both, address the leaders of that time.

BruceDLimber

No my friend. You are wrong! ... oon [earth] will give birth to a new beautiful creation, at the will of her master. You Baha'i seem to push away, as the Christians, RESPONSIBILITY! Telling people the end of the age already happened, and we are in the new heaven and earth is not only a lie, but it makes people feel as if they don't have to do anything.

You are welcome to your opinion. Ours differs, BIG TIME!! ESPECIALLY the silly idea that we don't "have to do anything!"

You should be fasting....

Small world!

The annual Baha'i fasting month just ended last Sunday evening!

So sorry you missed it as well as the start of the New Age!

Bruce

Missed the new age did I?

Here, I'll tell you what will happen when this age does end.

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

The End of the Age of Pisces is soon. The Beginning of the Age of Aquarious is Upon us.

Last edited:
The only problem I have is with "Hell" is when someone cherry-picks Hebrew scriptures that are being used to address the problems of that time to justify the problems of this time. Haggai and Isaiah were, both, address the leaders of that time.

"Hell" literally means separation from God.
The bible says Heaven is the Holy Spirit.
"The Kingdom of God is righteousness peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

The "hell fire" is what this thread is about. As well as the major earthquakes are are CURRENTLY shaking this world.

outhouse

Atheistically
As well as the major earthquakes are are CURRENTLY shaking this world.

major earthquakes have always shaken the world

they always will, as long as tectonic plates have jagged rock on one end. serpentine slides easily when it meets another plate

That's just it, there are to many different religious outlooks for it to be anything but hoping.

And I never said it was depressing, I find the way our planet will go spectacular.

Hence my strong ideals of religious pluralism and my own linking towards the Unitarian Universalist movement and other movements that promote tolerance, peace, the freedom to believe, and responsible intellectuality.

Then stop talking about how the world will be swallowed up by the sun in the context of this and other religious threads, LOL. :thud:

major earthquakes have always shaken the world

they always will, as long as tectonic plates have jagged rock on one end. serpentine slides easily when it meets another plate

And it will continue to do so for years upon years until our Earth gets swallowed up by the sun. :D

When the seas are filled with flame. (Surat at-Takwir, 6)
When the oceans flood and overflow. (Surat al-Infitar, 3)

On the Day the sky is like molten brass. (Surat al-Ma‘arij, 8)

When Heaven is split apart and goes red, like dregs of oil. (Surat ar-Rahman, 37)

On the Day the first blast shudders, and the second blast follows it, hearts that Day will be pounding and eyes will be cast down. (Surat an-Nazi‘at, 6-9)

"No indeed! When Earth is crushed and ground to dust, and your Lord arrives with the angels rank upon rank, and that Day Hell is produced, that Day man will remember. But how will the remembrance help him? (Surat al-Fajr, 21-23)

InvestigateTruth

When the seas are filled with flame. (Surat at-Takwir, 6)
When the oceans flood and overflow. (Surat al-Infitar, 3)

On the Day the sky is like molten brass. (Surat al-Ma‘arij, 8)

When Heaven is split apart and goes red, like dregs of oil. (Surat ar-Rahman, 37)

On the Day the first blast shudders, and the second blast follows it, hearts that Day will be pounding and eyes will be cast down. (Surat an-Nazi‘at, 6-9)

"No indeed! When Earth is crushed and ground to dust, and your Lord arrives with the angels rank upon rank, and that Day Hell is produced, that Day man will remember. But how will the remembrance help him? (Surat al-Fajr, 21-23)

Here are some more:

"If We had sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, you would have seen it humble itself and split asunder from the fear of Allah, We are citing this example for mankind, so that they may take heed." (Qur'an 59:21)

"They ask you as to what will happen to the mountains (on the Day of resurrection). Tell them: "My Lord will crush and scatter them like a fine dust." (20:105)

"He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book (the Qur'án). Some of its verses are of themselves perspicuous ...... and others are figurative (Symbolic). But they whose hearts are given to err, follow its figures, craving discord, craving an interpretation; yet none knoweth its interpretation but God.... "(Al-Imran-3:5)

"Many will He mislead by such parables - and many guide...". (Baqarah: 2:24)

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

Whadda think of online encounter groups? Like fetlife, where I spent the last coupla days? Think if I'm the community minister, the congregation would feel "morally comfortable" having their spiritual leader engaging in transparent sexuality?

I mean, give it a minute... be the ellen, feel the ellen

The most disgusting thing I seen lately, is the title of this thread.

I don't care what yer derivative of Judaism is - there is but a single link to god, to "burning" - and that is you.

Here are some more:

"If We had sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, you would have seen it humble itself and split asunder from the fear of Allah, We are citing this example for mankind, so that they may take heed." (Qur'an 59:21)

"They ask you as to what will happen to the mountains (on the Day of resurrection). Tell them: "My Lord will crush and scatter them like a fine dust." (20:105)

"He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book (the Qur'án). Some of its verses are of themselves perspicuous ...... and others are figurative (Symbolic). But they whose hearts are given to err, follow its figures, craving discord, craving an interpretation; yet none knoweth its interpretation but God.... "(Al-Imran-3:5)

"Many will He mislead by such parables - and many guide...". (Baqarah: 2:24)

Those scriptures only say some are figurative. To say fire won't touch our sky and earth, to say the seas won't flood the earth, is obviously not true (it's happening in small measures now).

"Woe to me, for neglecting what Allah was due and for being one of the scoffers!" or lest they should say: "If only Allah had guided me, I would have been more heedful," or lest he should say, when he sees the punishment: "If only I could have another chance so that I could be a good-doer!" "No, the fact is that My Signs came to you, but you denied them and were arrogant and were one of the unbelievers." On the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied about Allah with their faces blackened. Do not the arrogant have a dwelling place in Hell? (Surat az-Zumar, 54-60)

InvestigateTruth

The Spirit of truth reveals all things.

That's right. The Spirit of truth appeared as Baha'u'llah who revealed to us it's interpretation according to the promise that the Author of Quran made:

"Do they wait now for aught but its interpretation?− on the day when its interpretation shall come…" (Quran, 7:53)

Last edited:
"He it is Who hath sent down to Thee the Book (the Qur'án). Some of its verses are of themselves perspicuous ...... and others are figurative"

My message to you is to prepare yourself for these ones that are not figurative. Don't be content with the status of the world, and look forward to it's change because it's going to change no matter what.

The message of the prophets has stayed the same, and Baha'ullah never stated that these future events would not take place.